Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Booker-T’s First Kiss

    Booker-T sauntered up the sidewalk to the front porch looking like a proud peacock, “Hey you guys!”
   “Hi Booker-T,” said Jake.  “Aren’t you looking all proud this morning.  You are looking so happy."
   “What are you doing this morning?” asked Midge.  “Where are you going?”
   “Just wandering around,” answered Booker-T.  “I’m on the way over to Crissy’s.”
   “Oh, the cute little Persian next door to you and Midge?” asked Jake.

   “Yes, the one and only,” smiled Booker-T swishing his tail. "She is really nice and I like her a lot."
   “Oh nice,” said Jake.  “Have you kissed her yet?”
   “We had our first kiss last night,” smiled Booker-T.  “She is so sweet.”
   “Are you blushing Booker-T?” asked Midge.
  “No, I’m not blushing,” said Booker-T.  “I don’t blush.”
  “Funny, it sounded like you were blushing,” said Midge.
  “How can you hear a blush?” asked Jake.  “That is silly.  Blushing doesn't make a sound.”
  “I can tell by the sound of his voice,” said Midge.  “I hear it blush.”
  “You girls are nutty,” said Booker-T.
  “Not as nutty as you guys are,” laughed Midge.  “You get all mushy and don’t want to admit it.  You think it won't make you look macho.”
  “You gals are the ones that get all mushy,” said Booker-T.  “We guys are macho!”
  “Oh, right!” snickered Midge.  “Big macho Booker-T and Jake.”
   “Don’t you think I’m macho Midge?” asked Jake.
   “Sure Jake.  I do,” said Midge while she stood crossing her back toes. "But it is okay to be mushy too.  We girls like that too."
   “When did you and Jake have your first kiss Midge?”  asked Booker-T.
   “We haven’t yet,” answered Midge, glancing over at Jake.
   “Jake, ole buddy,” said Booker-T.  “You shy fool. Do I need to teach you some things?”
   “Leave me alone!” said Jake.  “Go visit Crissy and don't bug me about it.  Midge and I are fine.”
   “See you two later,” called Booker-T as he hurried down the sidewalk and out the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T