Friday, July 5, 2013

Midge sees Aliens Again


Midge came running along the sidewalk and started through the gate into the front yard at Jakes and slid on some dirt on the sidewalk. She hurried to her feet and ran for the porch. “Jake, Jake!” called Midge as she ran up the steps.

“Whoa!” said Jake. “Slow down Midge. What are you running for?”

“Jake!” said Midge trying to catch her breath.

“Breathe deep Midge,” said Jake. “And take your time. You are out of breath.”

“I know Jake,” said Midge trying to slow her breathing down so Jake could understand what she was saying.

“Sit down Midge,” said Jake as he leaped onto the porch swing. “What is going on?”

“I know the aliens have landed now, Jake,” said Midge. “I saw them.”

“Where did you see them?” asked Jake. “The last time you thought you saw the aliens landing, it was the hot air balloons.”

“I know,” said Midge. “But this time, it is the aliens.”

“Where did you see them?” asked Jake as he looked up and saw Booker-T and Misty running up the sidewalk.

“It's true, it's true!” said Booker-T. “I saw them. Misty saw them too.”

“I did,” said Misty. “Booker-T and I were on the front porch when we saw them.”

“What did they look like?” asked Jake.

“They were green looking,” said Midge.

“They were on your street?” asked Jake. “Don't you think that is odd?”

“I don't know,” said Booker-T. “We have a nice street.”

“But if the aliens came and landed here,” said Jake. “Why would they want to come to this neighborhood?”

“I don't know,” said Midge. “Maybe they landed here by mistake and were trying to find the capital. I don't know.”

“I don't know either,” said Booker-T. “But I know we saw them. They don't look anything like our human owners.”

“Did you see how they got there?” asked Jake.

“No,” said Booker-T.

“I didn't see a space ship or anything either,” said Midge. “Maybe they parked their spaceship at the park where there is more room to land.”

“I never heard a spaceship fly over here,” said Jake.

“Let's go check the park Jake,” said Midge. “Maybe they came in when we were all asleep.”

“Okay,” said Jake. “I want to see these green people.”

The four friends started down the sidewalk toward the park. Gabby swooped down in front of them. “Where are you going in such a big hurry?” asked Gabby.

“Hey there Gabby,” said Jake.

“We are going to the park,” said Midge.

“Are you going to play with Snappy?” asked Gabby. “I'll come along. The water will feel good this morning.”

“We are going to see if the aliens landed at the park,” said Misty.

“Aliens?” laughed Gabby. “Midge, is your imagination running wild again?”

“We saw them too,” said Booker-T.

“Where did you see them?” asked Gabby.

“On our street,” said Misty.

“I was sitting on the porch with Misty,” said Booker-T. “And we looked up the street and there were two of them walking along the middle of the street.”

“I didn't see anything at the park when I flew over it this morning,” said Gabby.

“Nothing?” asked Jake.

“No, not a thing,” said Gabby.

“Maybe they landed in a parking lot somewhere,” said Jake.

“The school has a big parking lot,” said Midge. “Maybe they landed there. This is summer so no one is at the school. They would have a lot of room there to land.”

“Don't you think if someone landed here, that someone would have called the police?” asked Gabby. “I haven't heard any sirens blowing, have you?”

Midge looked at Jake and they both looked at Misty and Booker-T. “No, I never heard any sirens either,” said Midge.

“Lets go to the school and check it out anyway,” said Jake. “Maybe no one saw them land since there is no school now.”

They turned up the street toward the school. Gabby led the way above. They all hurried into the school yard and looked around the parking lot. “Nothing here,” said Jake. “Where else could they land their ship?”

“Maybe in the football field,” said Booker-T.

“Maybe,” said Jake.

“Wait here and I will fly over and check it out,” said Gabby.

The four of them stood in the parking lot waiting for Gabby to fly over the stadium and see what was inside. In a few minutes, Gabby flew back to join them in the parking lot.

“What did you see Gabby?” asked Midge.

“Nothing,” said Gabby.

“Nothing?” asked Misty. “I wonder where they went.”

“I don't know,” said Booker-T. “I know we saw them.”

“But we didn't see their spaceship,” said Midge. “We only saw the two little green people.”

“That's true,” said Booker-T.

“Let's go look at the park and see,” said Jake. “Maybe Gabby missed it since he wasn't looking for it.”

“Okay,” said Midge. “Lets hurry before they take off. I want to see their ship.”

They ran to the park and went to the pond where Snappy lived first. “Hey Snappy!” called Jake as they approached the pond.

“Hi,” greeted Snappy. “You want to play in the water this morning?”

“Maybe later,” said Misty. “Did you see anything strange in the park this morning?”

“No,” said Snappy. “Was I suppose to see something strange?”

“Maybe,” said Jake. “Midge, Booker-T and Misty think they saw some aliens and we are looking for their spaceship.”

“I haven't seen any spaceship here,” said Snappy. “Where did you see aliens?”

“They were on our street,” said Booker-T.

“Did you see them Jake?” asked Snappy.

“No,” said Jake. “Not yet. I'm sure they saw something but we don't know what yet.”

“Wait here and I will fly across the park and see if I can see anything,” said Gabby.

“Okay Gabby,” said Midge.

Gabby took off flying across the park. He was gone for about five minutes and soon was back sitting on the large rock near the pond.

“Did you find the ship?” asked Booker-T.

“Nothing,” said Gabby. “The park is clean. No aliens.”

“Maybe their ship is invisible,” said Booker-T.

“An invisible ship?” laughed Gabby. “Okay you three. What movies are you watching with your owners?”

“I haven't watched any alien movies,” said Midge. “I really saw the little green people.”

“Wait here you guys and I will be right back,” said Gabby.

“Where are you going?” asked Midge.

“Just wait here,” said Gabby. “I will be back soon.”

They all stood near the pond and watched Gabby fly away across the park. It seemed like a long time before they saw him flying back toward them. In his beak he was carrying something. He swooped down onto the rock and dropped the paper onto the ground in front of him.

“What did you find Gabby?” asked Jake and he unrolled the paper.

“Those are your aliens,” Said Gabby. “The local theater is putting on the “Toy Story” this weekend and those little green people you saw were from the play. They were walking around the town handing out flyers inviting people to the thearter to see the play.”

“Oh my goodness,” laughed Booker-T. “Midge you did it again.”

“Oh wow,” said Midge. “They were cute little green people.”

“At least we know that no one has come from space,” said Gabby.

The friends all sat around the poster Gabby dropped on the ground and laughed about the green alien people.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T