Friday, July 18, 2014

Midge Tells her Dance Story

The friends all ran to Jake's house and Midge and Jake jumped into the swing and Booker-T quickly leaped into the chair across for them. Gabby perched on the arm of the chair waiting to hear about Midge's adventure inside the convention center.
Come on Midge,” said Booker-T. “Tell us what happened inside. You were inside long time.”
Did you have fun Midge?” asked Gabby.
It was so much fun,” said Midge. “Sure wish you could have seen me.”
All of us in the building would not have been good,” said Jake. They would have caught us faster I think.”

Well, when I got inside there were people every where walking around,” said Midge.
And they never saw you?” asked Gabby.
I don't know if they did or not,” said Midge. “They didn't bother me if they did.”
Maybe they thought you were suppose to be there with someone,” said Jake.
Maybe,” said Midge. “I walked around inside. The place is really big inside. There were a lot of people and a lot of doors to different rooms. I didn't know where I was going so I just kept walking.”
But you found the right room didn't you?” asked Booker-T.
If she danced, she must have found it,” said Jake.
Yes, I found it,” said Midge. “I could hear music coming from the room so I peaked inside and on the stage in front of the room, I saw two people dancing. I was so excited.”
Did you run on the stage Midge?” asked Gabby.
No,” said Midge. “Not right away. I sat in the back of the room and watched them dance. I wanted to run up there but I waited.”
Why?” asked Jake. “I thought you wanted to dance.”
I did,” said Midge. “But I waited for the right time to run up onto the stage. The dancers finished their dance and the music quit and people were talking. I crawled little closer so when the music started again I could run on the stage.”
No one saw you there?” asked Jake.
You were hiding?” asked Booker-T.
I was on the side of the room and everyone was watching the stage so they didn't see me,” said Midge. “I just sat there waiting for the music to start playing.”
Then you ran on stage?” asked Gabby.
Yes,” smiled Midge. “The two people on stage walked off and two different people came up on the stage and got ready to dance. I waited for the music to start playing and them to start dancing.”
When did you go on the stage?” asked Booker-T. “You did go on the stage, didn't you?”
Oh yes,” smiled Midge. “I was on stage. So many lights up there. It was really bright like being in the sunshine outside.”
Were you scared?” asked Jake.
I was little scared when I ran up there,” said Midge. “I ran up there and saw all those people sitting out there watching.”
I would have been really scared,” said Booker-T. “You are so brave.”
I think so too,” said Gabby. “You really are so brave to get up in front of all those people.”
I was little scared but I just kept on going,” said Midge. “I started to dance and someone came running at me and someone else was telling him to get me off the stage.”
What did you do?” asked Jake.
I backed up and ran away from him and someone else tried to help him get me off the stage,” said Midge. “I heard someone tell them to let me dance.”
Someone wanted you to dance?” asked Gabby.
Yes,” said Midge. “Someone in the audience was wanting them to let me dance. Then the audience was chanting “Let her Dance” . They asked the couple who was on stage if I was there dog. They said no.”
Now they let you dance?” asked Booker-T.
Someone picked me up and was going to take me off the stage,” said Midge. “The audience was still chanting for me to dance and I turned and licked the man in the face who was holding me. He put me down on the floor and the music was playing. Everyone was cheering and clapping and I danced for them. When the music quit, I ran for the door after taking a bow. I think they liked me Jake.”
That is good you had your big chance on stage,” said Gabby. “It is a good memory you will have for long time Midge.”
I know,” smiled Midge. “It was so much fun. But I don't think I want to dance all the time.”
Why?” asked Booker-T.
I found out it is hard work dancing on the stage in front of all those people,” said Midge. “It was fun and they liked me but I think I like playing in the park better.”
We are glad you are not going off to dance,” said Jake. “I know you are good but we would miss you.”
I would miss you too,” said Midge. “I don't think my owner would be happy if I left her.”
If you went to dance somewhere,” said Jake. “Don't you think your owner would go with you?”
No,” said Midge. “I don't think so.”
Why?” asked Gabby.
She has a job she likes,” said Midge. “She would not be happy with me if she had to quit her job to go with me.”
Oh,” said Booker-T. “I forgot about that. She needs her job to buy you food.”
Yes,” said Midge. “I can't buy my own food so I need her to do it.”
I think you have to stay here with us,” smiled Booker-T. “I would miss my good friend if you were not here.”
We all would miss you Midge.” said Gabby.
You guys are good friends,” said Midge. “Thank you for going with me to the convention center.”
You are welcome Midge,” said Jake. “I think I need a nice nap.”
You always want to nap,” laughed Midge. “Enjoy your nap. I think we will join you.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T