Friday, March 4, 2022

Meeting Oscar

 

Midge, Booker-T and Jake went to the petting zoo which was now inside a new area behind the zoo transfer building.

“Look Jake,” said Midge. “This is a nice area now for all the animals. They can be inside from the bad weather now.”

“Do you see the baby donkey?” asked Booker-T as he looked around the area where all the animals are.

“Not yet,” said Midge as she also stood looking around at all the animals in the corral area.

“Over there Midge,” pointed Jake. “I think that's him near the goats.”

They walked across the room to where the donkey stood talking to the goats. As they came near him, the little donkey started jumping up and down with the Billy Goats.

“What is he doing?” asked Booker-. “He looks like he ate a bunch of jumping beans.”

“I think he is playing with the goats,” said Jake. "The little goats like to jump like that."

“He is having fun,” smiled Midge as she walked closer to him.

“Hi,” said Midge as a baby goat bumped into her with his head.

“Do you want to play with us?” asked the little goat.

“Sure,” smiled Midge. “What are you playing?”

“We are jumping around and laughing and playing tag,” said the little goat. "Am I it now?"

“I like to play tag,” said Booker-T.

“Who is your new friend?” asked Jake.

“That is Oscar,” said the little goat. “I'm Billy. Who are you guys?”

“I'm Midge,” said Midge. “And these are my friends Jake and Booker-T. We like to come visit all you guys.”

“I think you came to see Pinky,” said Billy. “I remember seeing you here sometimes.”

“Yes,” smiled Midge. “Now we can come to visit all the animals. It's fun to make friends.”

“Why don't you live here with all of us?” asked Billy. "We always have fun here."

“We live in a house with humans,” said Jake.

“I don't think they have dogs and cats in the petting zoos,” said Midge.

“Why?” asked Billy. “We like it here when the little humans come to play with us.”

“Come on and play, Billy,” said the little donkey.

“Hi Oscar,” greeted Midge.

“How do you know my name?” asked Oscar. “I don't know you.”

“Billy told us what your name is,” said Booker-T. “We heard you were here, so we came to meet you.”

“Our friend, Gabby, told us you were new here,” smiled Midge.

“Yes,” said Oscar. “A big human brought me here.”

“Why?” asked Booker-T.

“I'm just visiting,” said Oscar. “All of these animals are only here visiting from different farms.”

“You don't live here?” asked Midge.

“No,” said Oscar. “We come here so the little humans can see different animals.”

“Wow,” said Midge. “That is so nice, isn't it Jake.”

“I didn't know that either,” said Jake. “None of the animals told us that when we came to visit. That is nice of the humans to do that.”

“They bring the little humans here and tell them about all the different animals,” said Oscar. “I was excited when my owner said I was coming here.”

“Where do you live?” asked Midge.

“I have a new home now,” said Oscar. My new owner lives on a farm with some cows and horses. It is a nice farm.”

“We go visit some cows and horses on a farm near the skateboard park,” said Jake.

“That's the farm I live on now,” smiled Oscar. "I just moved there this week."

“We will come see you on the farm sometimes,” said Midge.

“When you come to the farm,” said Oscar. “You can meet Lucy.”

“Who is Lucy?” asked Midge. "Is she a little donkey too?"

“No, she looks like you,” said Oscar. “But she is a pretty beige color.”

“We will come and play with you and Lucy,” smiled Jake.

“Come on and lets play with the goats,” smiled Oscar. "They are fun to play with, but they sure like to jump around a lot. They are funny."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T