Friday, May 6, 2022

The Baby Tiger

 

Midge and Booker-T were sitting on the front porch at Midge's house. Gabby flew down from the tree above and landed on the porch railing.

“Hi guys,” greeted Gabby. “What are you guys doing?”

“Just sitting here,” smiled Midge.

“Why?” asked Gabby.

“Why not?” asked Booker-T.

“I don't know,” sighed Gabby. “You guys are always doing something.”

“I know,” said Midge.

“Are you being lazy today?' asked Gabby.

“Maybe,” smiled Booker-T.

“You two aren't very exciting today,” said Gabby.

“We are waiting for Jake and Lucy,” laughed Midge. “So we decided to just sit and do nothing.”

“You two are funny,” said Gabby. “What are you going to do when they get here?”

“I think we are going to take Lucy to the zoo transfer building” said Booker-T. “She has never been there before.”

“They have some new animals there today,” said Gabby.

“What kind?: asked Midge.

“I flew in there to check this morning,” said Gabby. “I saw a kangaroo, a zebra, a Koala bear, a hippo and a baby tiger.”

“I want to see the tiger,” smiled Booker-T. “I like tigers. They are really pretty.”

“You like tigers because they are the same color as you are,” said Midge.

“This little tiger is black and white,” smiled Gabby.

“They are pretty too,” said Booker-T. “But I love orange and black tigers better.”

“Hi guys,” said Jake as he and Lucy entered the yard.

“Hi,” smiled Midge.

“What are you guys doing?: asked Lucy.

“Gabby was telling us what animals are at the zoo building,” said Booker-T. “They have a little tiger but he isn't my color. I like black and orange. They are my favorite colors.”

“What color is the tiger?” asked Lucy. “I thought all the tigers were orange and black.”

“No,” said Gabby. “This one is a white and black one.”

“He is different,” said Lucy.

“Yes,” smiled Gabby. “I think the black and white tigers are really pretty.”

“Lets go,” said Booker-T.

“Come on guys,” said Jake. “Are you coming along with us, Gabby?”

“Sure,” said Gabby. “I will come.”

The four started walking along the sidewalk while Gabby flew above them. They reached the corner near the zoo building and checked the street to be sure no cars were coming before they crossed into the parking lot.

“Look,” said Lucy. “There is a little train. Can we ride it?”

“No,” sighed Midge. “If we get on that train, the humans will make us get off and if we are too far from home, it would be a long walk back.”

“Where does it go?” asked Lucy.

“This train goes to the big zoo across town,” said Midge. “The train takes humans to the zoo so they can visit all the animals and then the train brings the back here.”

“We rode the train one time,” said Jake. “The humans kicked us off the train and we had to sneak back on and hide so we could get home.”

“The zoo is a long way from home,” said Booker-T. “It would have been a long time to walk back home from there.”

“We visit the animals at this small transfer building” said Jake. “We have met and talked to a lot of different animals.

“The animals in this small building are going to or from the big zoo,” said Midge. “The petting zoo is in a covered corral behind the transfer building. So sometimes we visit both.”

“Lets go inside,” said Jake.

“Over there,” said Booker-T. “I see the tiger. Lets go see it.”

They walked to the cage to find a baby black and white tiger.

“You are so pretty,” smiled Booker-T as he sat down in front of the cage.

“Who are you?” asked the baby tiger as he walked close to the bars of the cage.

“Hi,” said Booker-T. “I'm Booker-T. Do you have a name too?”

“Yes,” said the little tiger. “I”m Sampson.”

“I like your name,” smiled Midge.

“Who are you?” asked Sampson.

“I'm Midge and this is Lucy and Jake,” smiled Midge. “We came to visit all the animals here.”

“Where is your mommy?” asked Booker-T. “You look like a baby.”

“I'm little,” said Sampson.

“I know,” said Booker-T. “Me too.”

“I don't know where my mommy is,” sighed Sampson. “Two big humans put me in a truck and here I am.”

“What does the sign on his cage say, Jake?” asked Midge

“It says that he is going to the big zoo across town,” said Jake. “It says he is 8 months old.”

“Is it a good place?” asked Sampson.

“I think it is,” said Booker-T.

“It is very nice,” said Gabby as he sat on top of Sampson's cage. “You will like it there. They have two other black and white tigers there.”

“Have fun with your new friends when you go,” said Midge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T