Saturday, March 2, 2019

Jake's Discovery


Booker-T walked through the gate at Midge's house, but Midge wasn't on the front porch as usual. He quickly walked to the back yard and stuck his head into the doggie door. He didn't see Midge in the kitchen, so crawled into the house to look for her.
He entered the living room and ran to the stuffed chair next to the tank where Snappy lived.. He leaped into the chair and put his paws on the tank.
“Hey there Snappy,” greeted Booker-T.
“Hi Booker-T,” smiled Snappy. “What are you doing?”
“I was looking for Midge,” replied Booker-T.
“She is still sleeping,” said Snappy.
“Wow,” said Booker-T. “She is sleeping late today. That isn't like Midge.”
“She was up late last night watching a movie with our owner,” said Snappy.
“What movie did they watch?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” smiled Snappy. “I crawled under my log and went to sleep.”
“Good,” said Booker-T.
“What are you and Midge going to do today?: asked Snappy.
“I don't know yet,” said Booker-T. “I have to wait and talk to Midge and Jake and we will decide.”
“Midge always has ideas,” laughed Snappy. “But she always wants to do human things.”
Midge came wandering out of the bedroom and saw Booker-T standing on the chair talking to Snappy.
“Hey Booker-T!” said Midge. “What are you doing?”
“I'm waiting on you,” answered Booker-T. “You slept late today.”
“I know,” smiled Midge. “I was watching a movie with my owner last night so I slept longer this morning.”
“Was it a good movie?” asked Booker-T.
“Yes,” said Midge. “It was called The Journey Home, or something like that. These animals were making a trip to go back home.”
“Where were they?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” said Midge. “But they had to go a long way to get home and so much happened to them along the way. It was a happy ending and they all made it home.”
“I like happy endings,” said Booker-T.
“Me too,” said Midge. “My owner cries when it ends happy.”
“Why does she cry when it is a happy ending?” asked Booker-T. “Does she laugh if it is a sad ending?”
“No,” said Midge. “She cries when it is sad too.”
“Does she laugh at any movies?” asked Booker-T.
“Sure,” aid Midge. “she laughs at funny movies.”
Jake entered the room where Booker-T and Midge were talking about crying and laughing at movies.
“Hey you guy,” said Jake. “What are you doing?”
“We were talking about moves,” answered Midge. “What are you doing?”
“I came looking for you,” said Jake. “I thought you were coming to my house.”
“Midge slept late,” said Booker-T. “What did you bring with you?”
“It's a big bone,” said Jake. “I found it in my back yard last night.”
“Wow,” said Midge. “It is really big. Do you think it is a dinosaur bone?”
“I don't know,” said Jake. “I tried to chew on it and it is too hard to chew.”
“Maybe it is alien bone,” suggested Booker-T. “We don't know how big they are.”
“You are always hoping for space aliens,” laughed Jake. “Just like Midge.”
“I think they are real, Jake,” said Midge. “ We just haven't seen one yet.”
“Maybe they are and maybe they aren't,”said Jake.
“Maybe one day we will know for sure,” said Booker-T.
“I can't wait,” said Midge. “I do like your really big bone. “Maybe it is a dinosaur bone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T