Monday, October 28, 2019

Booker-T Sees a Ghost


"Midge! Midge!" screamed Booker-T as he ran into Midge's front yard. "Where are you? Hurry!"
Midge came running around the house to the front yard. "What happened, Booker-T. Why are you screaming at me?"
"Midge, there is a ghost in my house," said Booker-T as he sat on the porch shaking.
"How do you know there is a ghost in the house?" asked Midge. "Did you see it?"
"No," said Booker-T. "I only heard it."
"Maybe it was something else," said Midge. "Was your owner watching something on TV?"
"No," said Booker-T in a shaky voice. "She was sleeping. I was on the end of her bed when I heard it."
"What did you see?' asked Midge.

"Hey you guys," said Jake. "What is going on?"
"Booker-T said he heard a ghost last night in his house," said Midge.
"There aren't any ghosts," said Jake.
"How do you know?" asked Booker-T.
"I heard my owner tell her little niece that there are no such things as ghosts," said Jake.
"But how does she know for sure?' asked Booker-T. "I heard it last night."
"I heard it across the room from the bed," said Booker-T.
"What is on the other side of the room?" asked Jake.
"There is a dresser with Jewelry on top and a lamp," said Booker-T.
"Anything else?" asked Midge.
"Two windows," said Booker-T.
"Maybe it was something outside," said Jake.
"What would be outside?" asked Booker-T.
"Maybe a burglar," said Midge.
"Why would a burglar be out there?" asked Booker-T.
"Maybe he was trying to find a house to rob," said Jake.
"Did it try to get in the window?" asked Midge.
"Maybe," said Booker-T. "I heard something touch the window."
"Lets go see," said Midge.
The three ran to Booker-T's house to find out what Booker-T heard last night.
"Which windows are the bedroom?" asked Jake.
"On the side of the house," said Booker-T and they hurried to the side of the house.
"Do you see anything?" asked Midge.
"No," said Booker-T. "But I heard it last night.
"Lets go inside and look around the house," suggested Jake.
The three crawled through the doggie door into the kitchen and walked across the Kitchen into the living room.
"Does your owner lock up the doors at night?" asked Midge.
"She always locks the doors every night before we go to bed," said Booker-T. "She has an alarm that she also sets."
"So no one can break into the house without being heard," said Jake. "If they did, the alarm would make a loud noise."
"But a ghost could get in through the walls or doors," said Booker-T.
"You didn't see anything floating through the air?" asked Midge.
"No," said Booker-T. "I thought I saw some glowing eyes in the dark, but it was two lightning bugs that got into the house."
"What is a lightning bug?" asked Midge.
"It a little bug that has a tail that lights up when they fly around," said Jake. "We have a lot of them in the yard at night. They look so cool."
"We have them in the back yard too," laughed Midge. "A bug with a flashlight."
"Maybe that is what you heard," said Midge.
"They don't make noise," said Jake.
"Was it windy outside last night?" asked Midge.
"I think it was a little," said Jake.
"Do the ghosts come out in the wind?" asked Booker-T. "Maybe they use the wind to float through the air."
"I don't know," said Midge.
"They sat in the bedroom and looked around the room. Jake looked under the bed and pulled open the closet door but saw nothing.
"Maybe it is here and you can't see it because it is a ghost," suggested Booker-T.
"I don't hear anything," said Midge.
"Maybe it don't come out in the day time," said Booker-T. "It was night time when I heard it."
As the sat there in the middle of the room, suddenly they heard a noise toward the dresser.
"Hear that?" whispered Booker-T.
"I hear it," said Jake.
"Go see," said Midge.
"But the ghost might get me," said Jake.
"Maybe he will be afraid of you," said Midge. "You are a big dog."
"It might be bigger than I am," said Jake.
"What kind of ghost is it?" asked Booker-T. "Can you make it go away?"
"What is it doing?' asked Midge.
"I don't know," said Jake. "Sounds like it is scratching something."
"There was a tree outside the window," said Midge. "Maybe a branch is rubbing on the window. My owner had to cut some branches off a tree one time because it was scratching on the window and sounded spooky at night."
"Look out the window Jake," said Booker-T.
Jake slowly walked to the window and poked his nose through the two curtains and touched the window.
"Is the branch hitting the window?" asked Midge.
"No," said Jake as he backed away from the window. "Nothing is touching the window."
"Try the other one," said Booker-T.
Jake ran to the other window and looked and saw nothing touching the window from outside. Suddenly something jumped and landed on Jake's back.
"What was that?" asked Jake quickly turning around.
"What was what?' asked Midge.
"Did you see something touch my back?" asked Jake as he looked around the room.
"I didn't see anything," said Midge.
"I didn't see anything either," said Booker-T.
Suddenly something ran past Booker-T and went under the bed.
"It's a ghost!" said Booker-T.
"Did you see it?" asked Midge.
"It was little and ran too fast," said Booker-T. "It went under the bed."
Midge and Jake laid on their bellies and looked under the bed. There sat a little mouse close to the wall. "Are you a ghost?" asked Midge.
"I'm Monty," said the little mouse. "I am not a ghost. I think I'm real."
"Were you in the bedroom last night?" asked Jake.
"It was cold outside so I came inside the house," said Monty. "Did I scare you?"
"I thought you were a ghost," said Booker-T.
"No," said Monty. "I'm just a little mouse wanting to be warm. You aren't going to eat me, are you?"
"Oh no, Monty," said Booker-T. "But we can be friends."
"Aren't you a cat?" asked Monty.
"Yes and my friends are dogs," said Booker-T.
"My mom warned me about cats and told me that they like to eat a mouse," said Monty.
"I don't eat them," said Booker-T. "And we are friends with everyone."
"Sure," agreed Midge. "We won't hurt you."
"Can I stay with you?" asked Monty.
"Okay," said Booker-T. "But you have to be quiet. My owner don't like seeing a mouse in the house."
"I will," said Monty. "Thanks."
"We are going to the park to play," said Midge. "Do you want to go with us?"
"No," said Monty. "It is scary out there with all those big animals that will eat me."
"Okay," said Booker-T. "You stay here and we will be back later."
"You will be safe in the basement," said Jake.
"Okay," said Monty.
The three left the house as Monty went down the stairs to the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T