Friday, October 11, 2019

The Strange Object


"Hey Booker-T," called Midge as she entered his yard and ran to the backdoor.
"Hi Midge," greeted Booker-T as he crawled outside through the doggie door. "What is that you are carrying?"
"I don't know," said Midge. "It talks sometimes."
"Is it a phone?" asked Booker-T.
"I don't think so," said Midge as she laid it on the ground. "It has pictures on it. See what it does when I push on it."
Midge pushed on the front of the object she carried to Booker-T's house and pictures came on the object.

"Wow!" said Booker-T. "Can I push on it?"
"Sure," said Midge.
Booker-T pushed on the object and another picture came on to it. "That's neat Midge. What is it?'
"I don't know," said Midge.
Suddenly the object started making a sound. It was playing some music. Booker-T took his paw off the object and jumped back. "What did you do, Midge?" said Booker-T.
"You were touching it," said Midge. "Not me. What did you do?"
"I don't know," said Booker-T putting his nose near it and checking it out.
"What are you two doing?" asked Gabby as he flew down. "Where did you get that music player?"
"Is that what this is?" asked Midge. "A music player?"
"But it has pictures on it too," said Booker-T. "My owner's music player don't have pictures on it."
"I don't know what it is," said Gabby. "It was playing music so I thought it was a music player."
"Where did you get it Midge?" asked Booker-T.
"I found it laying in the yard," said Midge.
"Maybe some human lost it," said Gabby. "I see humans with things that look like it all the time."
"Is it a phone?" asked Booker-T.
"I don't know," said Gabby. "Maybe Jake knows. His owner has a those things. Don't you owners have them?"
"My owner has a phone and sometimes she plays music on it," said Midge. "And she has a computer she types things on. Maybe a space alien dropped it when it came to visit earth."
"I don't think it was space aliens," laughed Booker-T.
"It could be," suggested Midge. "We don't know."
"Does your owner have one Booker-T?" asked Gabby.
"My owner has a phone too," said Booker-T. "But her phone folds up. You are always looking for space aliens, Midge."
"That's funny," said Midge. "I didn't know phones could fold up. Don't that break the phone? Maybe those folding phones are made by space aliens."
"No, I don't think they break," said Gabby. "I think they make them that way. And no, Midge, I don't think space aliens came to earth and left the object in your yard."
"Hi you guys," said Jake as he joined the three in the yard at Booker-T's house. "I thought you were coming to the house so we can do to the petting zoo today."
"Oh," said Midge. "We forgot."
"What are you doing with an ipad," said Jake seeing the object laying on the ground near Midge.
"Is that what this thing is?" asked Midge. "It is your pad?"
"Not your pad," laughed Jake. "It is called ipad. My owner has one that she plays games on and has music and pictures on it too."
"Is that all it does?" asked Midge.
"I think so," said Jake.
"Midge thought space aliens dropped it in her yard," laughed Booker-T.
"Why did you think space aliens brought it?" asked Jake. "There are no space aliens."
"We don't know that for sure," said Midge. "We have never seen one, but they could be out there somewhere."
"I guess that's true Jake," said Booker-T. "Midge is right. We don't know for sure if they are out there or not."
"What are you going to do with it Midge?" asked Jake.
"I don't know," said Midge. "Maybe I should give it to my owner. She will know what to do with it."
"Can we keep it and play with it?" asked Booker-T.
"What would we do with it?" asked Jake.
"It plays music," said Booker-T. "I like listening to music."
"I think my owner has to plug hers in sometimes," said Jake. "How are we going to plug it in."
"Why does she plug it in?" asked Midge.
"I think it has to be charged," said Jake.
"What's that?" asked Booker-T.
"It dies so she has to plug it in," said Jake.
"It dies?" asked Midge with a surprised look on her face. "It dies like humans?"
"No," said Jake. "We don't plug humans in."
"How does it die?" asked Booker-T.
"I heard her on the phone tell her brother that her ipad died and she had to charge it up," said Jake.
"Maybe they can start plugging in humans when they die," said Midge. "Does it come back to life with she plugs it in?"
"I think so," said Jake. "After she unplugs it, she plays games on it."
"I will give it to my owner when she gets home," said Midge. "Maybe she knows what to do."
"I wish we could play with it," said Booker-T.
"But we don't know what to do with it," said Midge.
"I want to go to the petting zoo," said Jake. "And visit with our new friends there."
"I will run to my house and put the thing on the front porch," said Midge. "Wait for me."
"We will walk with you," said Jake.
They all walked to Midge's house with Midge carrying the ipad in her mouth. She laid it on the porch and then they hurried along the sidewalk on their way to the petting zoo. They got to the corner and looked both ways before they crossed to the street near the little zoo building. At the back of the zoo building they found the petting zoo with many kids inside the fenced area petting the little animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T