Saturday, July 17, 2021

Lets Go Have Fun

 

Midge walked to Booker-T's house dragging an umbrella behind her. Booker-T came running to the gate and sat waiting for Midge.

"What are you doing?" asked Booker-T. "Why are you dragging that umbrella?"

"I want to go sky diving," said Midge.

"What is sky diving?" asked Booker-T. "Do you do sky diving with an umbrella?"

"It is my parachute," said Midge.

"What is a para thing?" asked Booker-T.

"It is a parachute," said Midge. "Humans jump out of planes with a parachute."

"They jump out of plane?" asked Booker-T. "Why do they jump out of a plane?"

"I don't know," said Midge. "I think they are having fun."

"What are you going to do with the umbrella?" asked Booker-T.

"It is my parachute," Midge.

"What are you going to do with it?" asked Booker-T.

"I'm going to jump out of a plane," said Midge.

"How are you going to jump out of a plane?" asked Booker-T. "There are no planes around here."

"Isn't that a plane near the police station?" asked Midge.

"No," said Booker-T. "I don't think so, but you can't get in it."

"Lets go to Jake's house," said Midge. "Maybe he can get me in the plane."

"Okay," said Booker-T as he tilted his head and stared at Midge.

"Come on Booker-T," smiled Midge.

The two walked along the sidewalk to Jake's house with Midge dragging the umbrella behind her. They hurried into the yard through the front gate. Jake was sitting on the porch talking to Gabby. They looked up as Midge and Booker-T walked up to the porch.

"Hi guys," said Gabby.

"What are you doing with the umbrella?" asked Jake. "Is it going to rain?"

"I don't think so," said Midge. "I am not going to use it for rain."

"If it isn't for rain," said Gabby. "Why do you have an umbrella?"

"She said it was her parachute," said Booker-T.

"No," said Jake. "It is an umbrella."

"What is this parachute thing?" asked Gabby. "Why are you calling it a parachute?"

"I want to jump out of a plane," said Midge.

"A plane?" asked Jake. "You can't jump out of a plane."

"Why do you want to jump out of a plane with an umbrella?" asked Jake.

"Humans do it," said Midge.

"What humans jump out of a plane with an umbrella?" laughed Gabby.

"They use a parachute," said Midge.

"How do you know?" asked Jake.

"I saw it on TV last night," aid Midge. "My owner was watching a movie and these humans jumped out of a plane with a parachute."

"You can't do that," said Gabby.

"I can jump out of the plane that is behind the police station," said Midge. "You can help me into the plane."

"That isn't a plane, Midge," said Gabby.

"Sure it is," said Midge.

"No," said Gabby. "It is a helicopter."

"I can jump out of it," suggested Midge.

"They won't let you get into their helicopter," laughed Jake.

"Why not just climb on the roof and jump off," said Booker-T. "Isn't that the same thing?"

"But the house don't fly in the sky," sighed Midge.

"Who is going to fly the helicopter?" asked Gabby.

"Do you think the police would fly the helicopter?" asked Midge.

"I don't think so," said Jake. "You don't speak their language so they won't know what you are saying."

"Lets go have fun," said Midge. "Maybe I can sneak on the helicopter when they fly it up."

"But they don't use it all the time," said Gabby.

"Lets go see what they are doing," said Booker-T.

"Okay," said Jake. "Lets go see what they are doing."

"Why don't you leave the umbrella here," suggested Jake.

"But I need it for the parachute," said Midge.

"How are you going to sneak on a helicopter dragging an umbrella?" asked Gabby.

"But I can't jump out of it without my parachute," said Midge.

"Maybe you better practice jumping with your umbrella," suggested Booker-T.

"How do I practice without a plane?" asked Midge.

"You can climb on the roof and jump off," said Booker-T.

"How do I get up there?" asked Midge.

"You need a ladder," said Gabby.

"I don't have a ladder," sighed Midge as she sat down beside the umbrella. "It looked so fun on TV."

"But it is for humans," said Jake. "We aren't humans."

"I know," said Midge. "I'm just a dog."

"We can have fun," said Booker-T.

"Humans have a lot of things to do," said Midge. "They have so much fun."

"But humans have to work too," said Jake. "What kind of work can you do?"

"I don't know," said Midge. "I didn't think about that."

"Lets just have fun," said Booker-T.

"Okay," sighed Midge. "What do you want to do?"

"Lets go to the park and go swimming in the pond," suggested Booker-T.

"But all the kids will be there now," said Midge. "It will be crowded."

"Lets go sneak into the amusement park," said Jake. "There will be a lot of people

going in and we can sneak in with them."

"Lets go!" said Midge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T