Friday, August 20, 2021

Cold Weather Coming

 

Booker-T and Midge strolled along the sidewalk on their way to Jake's house.

"What are we going to do today?" asked Booker-T.

"I think we are going to go back to the zoo building again," said Midge.

"Are we going to go see the big black cat?" asked Booker-T. "He was shiny black but he didn't have orange stripes. I like the tigers. They are like me, black and orange."

"You just like orange and black stripes," laughed Midge. "What do you want to do?"

"Can we go ride the train at the park first?" asked Booker-T.

"I think that would be fun," said Midge. Jake likes to ride the train too. We can swim in the pond too. The little humans are going back to school so they won't be at the pond."

"That will be fun too," smiled Booker-T. "We can swim by ourselves today. It won't be long and it will be too cold to go swim in the pond. When the snow comes, the pond will be icy."

"Sliding on the ice is fun," smiled Midge.

"But my little feet get so cold," sighed Booker-T.

"Didn't your owner get you some foot socks to wear?" asked Midge.

"Yes," said Booker-T.

"You can wear your socks when it is cold," suggested Midge.

"Maybe," laughed Booker-T. "But when I tried to wear the socks last winter at the pond, they stuck to the ice and I walked right out of them."

"Oh," said Midge. "I remember that. I turned around and all I saw were 4 socks standing on the ice. That was funny."

They walked through the gate at Jack's house and found him sitting on the porch waiting for them.

"Hi guys," smiled Jake. "What are you guys doing?"

"We were talking about the cold weather that will come soon," said Midge. "And the icy pond at the park."

"I like sliding on the icy pond," smiled Jake. "It is so much fun."

"Booker-T said his feet get cold on the ice," said Midge. "I told him to wear his socks, but he said his socks stick to the ice."

"I have some socks too, but they don't stick to the ice," said Jake.

"Do you like them on your feet?" asked Booker-T. "Socks make my feet feel funny."

"They are okay," said Jake. "Do you like your socks Midge?"

"I like mine okay," said Midge. "My owner has to buy me some new ones this year. I lost two of them."

"How did you lose them?" asked Jake.

"I was running across the field near the school and I lost them in the snow," said Midge.

"I remember that now," said Jake. "You fell off the sled and ran back up the hill and ran right out of the socks."

"I don't think my owner was happy because I lost them," said Midge. "She gave me some pretty pink ones to match my pink bows and I lost some of them."

"I don't have any bows," said Booker-T.

"I don't think they put bows on boy dogs," laughed Midge. "You can wear mine if you want."

"I have a bowtie collar my owner puts on me when she takes me to the vet and to her brother's house," said Booker-T.

"I have never seen your bowtie," said Jake. "Did she take a picture of you with your bowtie on?"

"Yes," smiled Booker-T. "You can come to my house and I will show you the picture of me with it on. It is blue."

"Lets go to the park and ride the train," said Midge. "When it gets too cold, they will stop the train."

"And we can swim in the pond," added Booker-T. "Lets go."

"But the little humans will be swimming in the pond," said Jake.

"No," said Booker-T. "They went back to school yesterday."

"Are you sure?" asked Jake.

"Yes," said Booker-T. "My owner's nephew was at the house yesterday morning on his way to school."

"Okay," said Jake. "I thought you wanted to go see the big black cat again."

"I think it will be more fun to ride the train and swim in the pond," smiled Booker-T.

"Okay, lets go," said Midge.

The three hurried along the sidewalk on their way to the park. When they reached the corner, they looked both ways to make sure no cars were coming before they ran across the street into the park.

"Hey guys," said Gabby as he flew down from the trees. "What are you doing today?"

"We want to ride the train and swim in the pond," said Jake.

"There are no little humans at the pond," said Gabby. "I was just there."

"They started back to school yesterday," said Midge.

"That is good," said Gabby. "I like playing in the water when the little humans are not there."

"Me too," said Booker-T.

"We are going to ride the train over to the pond," said Jake. "Do you want to ride with us?"

"I can fly there and will beat you there," laughed Gabby.

"Okay," said Midge. "We will see you there."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T