Friday, June 24, 2022

The Funny Looking Animal

 

Midge hurried out the doggie door and ran around the house and out of the front gate.  Booker-T stood at his gate waiting for Midge so they could go to Jake's house.

   “Good morning, Booker-T,” greeted Midge.  “Are you ready to go to Jake;s house?”

   “I'm ready,” said Booker-T.  “Lets go.”

   They walked along the sidewalk when they saw something laying in the middle of the street.

  “What is it?” asked Booker-T.

  “I don't know,” said Midge.  “Lets go see.”

   “Do you think it's a big turtle?” asked Booker-T.

  “Maybe,” said Midge. “ But I don't think so. It don't look like Snappy.”

   They got closer and saw that it had a sore foot.

   “Are you okay?” asked Midge poking the animal.”

   “No,” said the strange looking animal. “My foot hurts.”

   “What happened to your foot?” asked Booker-T. 

   “I was crossing the road when this little human on a bicycle came real fast and hit my foot,” said the animal.  “Can you help me across the road?”

    “Sure,” said Midge.

   “What kind of animal are you?” asked Booker-T.  “We never saw someone that looks like you before.”

   “I'm an armadillo,” said The animal.

   “Wow,” said Midge.  “We don't know what an armadillo is.”

   “It's me” laughed the animal.  “What are you two?”

   “I'm a dog,” said Midge.  “And my friend is a cat.”

   “And you like each other?” asked the armadillo

  “Sure,” said Booker-T.  “We are friends.”

   “What is your name?” asked Midge.

   “I'm Dilly,” said the armadillo.  “Who are you two?”

   “I'm Midge and this is Booker-T,” said Midge.

   “Do you live near here?” asked Booker-T. 

   “I was living in the woods near the school,” said Dilly.

  “You are a long way from home,” said Midge.  “Why are you over here?”

   “I was looking for something to eat and I got sleepy,” said Dilly.  “I saw this pile of straw and I climbed into the straw to sleep.”

   “Did you walk over here in your sleep?” asked Booker-T.

    “No,” said Dilly.  “I was sleeping and the straw started to move.  I sat up and someone was pulling the pile of straw down the street.  I jumped off the straw and that is when the bicycle hit me.”

   “Do you have some friends where you live?” asked Midge.

   “Yes,” sighed Dilly.  “They are probably at home and I'm somewhere else.”

    “Can you walk?” asked Booker-T. 

  “I think so,” said Dilly.  “I think I can walk slow.”

   “Lets go to our friend, Jake's house,” said Midge.  “He can help us find your friends.”

   “Okay,” said Dilly.

   The three started walking along the sidewalk on their way to Jake's house.  Before they reached the corner of his street, Midge saw Jake and Lucy coming toward them. 

  “Hey!” called Jake.  “What happened to you  guys?”

  “We waited for you, but you never came to the house,” said Lucy.  “So we came to find you.”

   “Who is this?” asked Jake.

   “This is Dilly,” said Midge.  “We found him laying in the road and tried to help him.  Do you think we can help him find his friends?”

   “Where are they?” asked Jake.

   “I live in the woods near the school,” said Dilly.

  “We can walk over that way and see what we find,” said Jake.  “Do you want to come along Lucy?”

  “Sure,” said Lucy.  “What happened to your foot, Dilly?”

  “A little human on a bicycle ran over it,” said Dilly.

   “Oh,” said Jake.  “Are you okay?”

   “Yes,” said Dilly.  “I just want to go home.”

   “Lets go,” said Midge. 

   The five animals slowly walked along the sidewalk on their way to the school.  Dilly looked around the area as they walked slowly.

  “Do you see anything you remember?” asked Jake.

  “Over there,” said Lucy. “I see an animal that looks like Dilly.”

   “That's my brother, Dilmar,” smiled Dilly.  “Delmar! Over here!”

   Dilmar hurried to where Dilly stood. 

   “Who are you and why are you with Dilly?” asked Dilmar “Are you okay, Dilly?”

   “These are my new friends,” said Dilly.  “Midge, Booker-T, Jake and Lucy.  I hurt my foot and was lost and they helped me get home.”

   “Thank you for helping Dilly.,” smiled Dilmar.

   “Can we be friends?” asked Dilly.

   “Sure,” said Midge.  “We would like that. See you around. Go rest with your family and friends and take car of your foot.

   “Bye guys,” smiled Dilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T