Friday, November 4, 2022

I Had a Dream

 

Midge ran outside and out the front yard gate, down the sidewalk to Booker-T's house. She ran though his gate and ran around to the back of his house. At the corner of the house, Booker-T was running to the front of the house and they ran into each other as they turned the corner. Booker-T fell backward and sat there staring at Midge.

Hi Midge,” said Booker-T. “I didn't know you were coming.”

I didn't either,” said Midge. “I had a dream that you were sick. Are you okay?”

I'm fine,” said Booker-T. “Or I was until you hit me in the head with your head.”

Oh,” sighed Midge. “I am sorry I hit you in the head.”

Why did you dream I was sick?” asked Booker-T.

I don't know,” said Midge. “I just did. Do you know why you dream what you dream?”

I guess I don't,” said Booker-T. “Isn't that funny.”

What is funny?” asked Midge.

That we dream of something and we don't know why,” said Booker-T. “Do you think humans do that too?”

Maybe,” said Midge. “I am so glad that you really aren't sick.”

Me too,” laughed Booker-T. “I don't like to be sick.”

Why do humans get sick more than we do?” asked Midge.

I don't know,” said Booker-T.

Hey you guys,” said Jake as he and Lucy walked over to where they sat. “What are you guys doing?”

We just ran into each other,” said Midge.

Why?” asked Jake.

Midge had a dream that I was sick,” said Booker-T. “She ran over here and when she ran around the house to go to the back yard, I was coming around to the front and bamm, I ran into her.”

You had a dream that Booker-T was sick?” asked Lucy.

Yes,” said Midge.

Are you sick?” asked Jake.

No,” said Booker-T shaking his head. “I'm fine.”

Did you watch a movie about a cat getting sick?” asked Jake.

No,” said Midge. “Don't know why I had that crazy dream. I'm sure glad Booker-T isn't sick. Maybe a little headache where I ran into him.”

Oh yes,” laughed Jake. “You have a hard head. Are you okay Booker-T.”

I'm good,” smiled Booker-T.

Did you dream of something to do to have fun today?” asked Lucy.

No,” sighed Midge. “I only remember dreaming about Booker-T being sick.”

Why do we dream?” asked Booker-T.

Hmm,” signed Jake. “I don't know why. Maybe the brain is still working when we go to sleep.”

Why don't the brain go to sleep?” asked Lucy.

I don't know,” said Jake.

How do we know if the brain is awake or is asleep?” asked Booker-T.

I don't know,” said Midge.

Maybe we can try telling our brain what to dream and it will dream it when we go to sleep,” suggested Midge. “I will try that tonight.”

And what will you ask your brain to dream about?” asked Jake.

I will tell it to dream of things we can do to have fun,” laughed Midge.

Maybe it will work,” said Lucy. “I hope you can dream of some fun things to do.”

Me too,” said Midge. “If my brain is going to dream, I want it to dream of something good to do.”

Your brain is always thinking about fun things to do,” laughed Jake.

My brain is not thinking good, I guess,” said Midge.

Why?” asked Lucy.

I can't think of any new things to do,” said Midge.

We can do some of the same thing, you know,” said Booker-T. “We don't need something new all the time.”

Humans do the same things over and over,” said Jake. “We can do the same.”

We have a lot of things we can do,” said Booker-T. “Do you want to go to the park and swim in the pond today?”

I think we should go to the little zoo building,” said Midge. “We haven't been there in about a week or two now. Lets go see what animals are there today.”

Okay,” agreed Jake. “Do you guys want to go too?”

Yes,” said Lucy.

Lets go,” said Booker-T. “I like the zoo animals. Maybe there will be a tiger there to see.”

I know,” said Midge. “You like tigers.”

Yes,” said Booker-T. “Come on why are we just standing here?”

We are coming,” laughed Jake.

The four ran out of the yard and along the sidewalk to the building where they transfer animals to and from the Big zoo across town.

Let's go inside and see what animals are there,” said Midge as she started to cross the road.

Wait for us,” said Jake as they ran to catch up to Midge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T