Thursday, October 27, 2022

Party Time

It's party time!” sang Midge as she walked to Booker-T's house. “It's party time in the house tonight!”

Hi Midge,” smiled Booker-T. “What are you singing? What party?”

Hi Booker-T,” said Midge. “My owner is having a party. It's party time tonight.”

What kind of party?” asked Booker-T. “Can I come to your party?”

Oh sure,” smiled Midge. “Come on over. It will be fun. My owner is having a costume party for this thing they call Halloween.”

A costume party,” said Booker-T. “Is everyone going to dress up in something funny?”

Maybe funny or maybe scary,” said Midge. “And maybe some will be dressed in something cute.”

Is your owner going to put something on you?” asked Booker-T.

Yes,” said Midge. “Guess what I am going to be tonight?”

A hot dog,” laughed Booker-T.

No,” said Midge. “I'm not a wiener dog.”

You don't have to be a wiener dog to dress up like a hot dog,” said Booker-T.

I know it,” said Midge. “But tonight, I will be a princess ballerina.”

Oh wow,” smiled Booker-T. “You will make a good princess.”

I know,” said Midge as she flipped her head around and stood up on her hind legs and danced around Booker-T.

Hey you two,” said Jake as he and Lucy walked into Booker-T's yard. “What are you doing?”

Midge was telling me about her Halloween costume for a party tonight,” said Booker-T. “Are you going to come to the party?”

What party, Midge?” asked Lucy.

I heard my owner talking to someone on the phone last night and and she is having a Halloween costume party tonight,” said Midge.

Is she dressing you up too?” asked Jake.

Yes,” smiled Midge. “She said she was going to make me a princess ballerina.”

You will be a good princess,” said Lucy. “Can we come to your party?”

Sure,” said Midge. “I bet your owners will be here. My owner knows your owners.”

This will be so fun,” said Lucy. “I like standing at the door and seeing all the little humans in their funny costumes. They have so much fun dressing up.”

Do you have costumes to wear tonight?” asked Midge.

I will be a pirate,” said Jake. “I will even have a patch over one eye.”

Can you see with one eye?” asked Booker-T. “That will be hard to do.”

It's easy to see with one eye,” said Jake. “Close one eye and see what you can see.”

Booker-T closed one eye and looked around. “Oh yes,” said Booker-T. “I can still see.”

What will you be tonight?” asked Jake.

I want to be a tiger,” said Booker-T. “I have tiger sweater and will wear it and I have big tiger ears that I can have my owner put on me.”

What will you be Lucy?” asked Booker-T.

I like dressing up like a the little humans,” smiled Lucy. “I think my owner is making me look like a melted Ice cream cone.”

A melted ice cream cone!” laughed Midge. “I think that will be funny.”

I will have an upside down cone on the head,” said Lucy. “I wore it last year.”

It's party time!” sang Midge. “We are going to have fun!”

I like parties,” said Lucy.

Me too,” said Booker-T. “I like to eat.”

You and Jake are always hungry,” said Midge.

We like to walk around and eat what the humans drop on the floor,” said Jake.

They should dress you up like a vacuum cleaner,” laughed Midge.

Oh, that would be funny,” said Jake. “Varoom, varoom. I'm cleaning the floor.”

I love to party!” sang Midge.

We love to party!” said Lucy. “We love to have fun!”

Do you think your owners will come?” asked Midge. “And will they let you come along so we can all party together at my house.”

When she leaves to come to your house,” said Lucy. “I will run over to your house. Maybe she won't notice me.”

Me too,” said Jake.

I'm right next door so will be easy for me to walk over to your house,” said Booker-T.

It will be a lot of fun,” said Midge. “My owner has lots of food and candy.”

After dinner people started coming to Midge's house for the party. There was Peter Pan, a ghost, a pirate, Superman, 2 clowns, a rag doll, a witch, The devil, a cowboy, and someone dressed like a robot. After the party started, Booker-T, Jake and Lucy crawled through the doggie door in the back.

Hi guys,” smiled Midge. “You guys look cool in your costumes. The humans look so funny in their costumes. My favorite are clowns. I like clowns.”

What is your owner dressed like?” asked Jake.

Mine is a rag doll,” said Midge. “What are yours?”

Mine is a ghost,” said Booker-T.

And mine is a robot,” said Lucy. “How about you Jake?”

Mine is a cowboy,” said Jake. “Where is everyone?”


“They are in the other room, dancing and eating,” said Midge. “Come on, lets go get something to eat. We can sneak It off the table.”

The walked into the living room and while everyone was dancing to something called, “Monster Mash”, the four friends grabbed something from the table and ran to the back yard to eat it.

This is fun,” said Lucy.

I like to eat,” said Jake.

It's party time!” same Midge.

I like to party too,” said Booker-T. “Lets go watch the big humans dancing.”

They walked to the living room door and sat down to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T