Friday, June 14, 2019

It's an Emergency


Midge and Booker-T ran into Jake's front yard and hurried to the porch where he was laying on the swing.
“Jake!” shouted Midge. “Jake! Wake up! It's an emergency!”
Jake jumped up and stretched trying to get awake. “What is an emergency? What happened? Are you okay?”
“The space aliens have really landed Jake,” said Midge. “They are near my house. Come on lets go.”
“Aliens aren't real, Midge,” laughed Jake.
“The little space aliens are real, Jake,” said Booker-T. “I saw them. Lets hurry!”

Jake got up and followed Midge and Booker-T out of the yard. They hurried along the sidewalk to Midge's house.
“I don't see any space aliens, Midge,” said Jake. “You two are seeing things that aren't really there again.”
“It is real Jake,” aid Midge. “We really did see one.”
“You only saw one?” asked Jake. “I don't see any. Where are they?”
“Yes,” said Midge. “He walked by me. I was sitting in the yard and he walked past my fence.”
“Did he say anything to you?” asked Jake.
“He said 'Take me to your leader',” said Midge.
“What did you tell him?” asked Jake.
“I told him I couldn't take him to my leader because I don't know where he is,” said Midge.
“Did he listen to you?” asked Jake.
“No,” said Midge. “He just kept on walking.”
“What did he look like?” asked Jake.
“Well, let me see,” said Midge. “He had one big eye in the middle of his forehead and a big wart o his chin.”
“Have you been having space alien dreams again?” laughed Jake.
“I saw it too,” said Booker-T. “Do you think maybe I was in her dreams when I saw it?”
“I don't think you would remember her dreams without her telling you about it,” said Jake. “That would be strange if you did.”
“Lets walk over there and see if your alien is in that back yard,” suggested Jake.
The three walked into the back yard across the street and saw nothing there. They crossed the alley and went into the big field that was behind the houses.
“Oh, Jake!” said Midge. “Look! He set his head on that rock over there. Where is his body?”
“I don't see it,” said Booker-T.
“Lets get closer,” said Midge as she started slowly crawling toward the rock.
They quietly crept closer and closer so they could see.
“I don't see him,” said Midge. “Do you see him?”
“No,” said Jake. “I only see his head. Wow, an alien who can remove his head when he wants to. Do you think he does that to sleep?”
“I don't know,” said Midge.
“I didn't know the space aliens could take off their heads,” said Booker-T. “I didn't know there were any aliens. Maybe you are dreaming Midge and we are all in your dreams.”
“Oh,” said Midge. “Do you think I'm dreaming, Jake?”
“I don't think so,” said Jake. Let me pinch you.”
Jake pinched Midge on the back of the neck with his teeth.
“Ouch!” said Midge. “No, I am awake.”
“Lets walk over there,” said Jake.
“They might get us if they see us,” said Booker-T.
“But it's only a head over there,” aid Jake. “How can he grab us with no hands.”
“Okay,” said Midge. “You go first.”
The three slowly walked to where the head sat on the rock with Jake leading the way. Midge walked to the front of the head and stared at it in the eye. “Jake,” said Midge. “The eye is gone. It is only a hole.”
Jake looked at it and poked it in the nose. It rolled onto the ground.
“Midge,” said Jake. “It is a mask. Some human was wearing it. The space alien wasn't real.”
“You were fooled again,” laughed Booker-T.
“You were fooled too,” said Midge. “One of these days the space aliens will really come.”
“Maybe someday,” said Jake. “For now, it is just humans pretending to be space aliens.
“I really want to meet one,” said Midge.
“For now, lets go play,” suggested Booker-T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T