Friday, June 7, 2019

Watching Television


Midge looked around the room for the television remote. “Do you see it Jake?”
“See what?” asked Jake. “What are you looking for?”
“The TV remote,” said Midge.
Jake glanced around the room. “I don't see it anywhere.”
“There's the TV,” said Booker-T. “Did your owner hide the remote?”
“I don't think so,” said Midge. “It is here somewhere. She used it last night.”

“Do you know where it is Snappy?” asked Booker-T.
“I'm just a little guy in a tank,” laughed Snappy. “I don't know. I heard the TV last night talking but I didn't see her use the remote.”
“Why do they call it a remote?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” said Jake. “Another strange thing humans call things. I think they should call it a TV Button.”
“I like that,” said Midge. “Look on the sofa Booker-T.”
Booker-T leaped onto the sofa and pushed his paws down behind the cushion. “I found it!” said Booker-T.
“See,” said Jake. “She hid it so you can't use it.”
“No,” said Midge. “She always loses it there.”
“Maybe she pushes it down there so you can't find it,” suggested Jake.
“Maybe,” sighed Midge.
“Push the button Midge,” said Booker-T. “See what is on TV.”
Midge stuck her nose on different buttons until one of them turned on the TV.
“Do you have nausea, diarrhea, gas pains?” said the woman on the screen. “Then you need fast relief with Pepto-Bismal.”
“Can you change the channel?” asked Booker-T “I don't think we need that stuff.”
Midge started pushing buttons.
“Do you want quick relief from gas? Take Zantac before you eat and get relief,” said the man on the TV screen.
“Does everyone have gas?” asked Jake.
“Push the button again, Midge,” said Booker-T.
“I'm Popeye the Sailor Man,” sang the cartoon. “I am what I am and that's all that I am, I'm Popeye the Sailor Man.”
“Lets watch Popeye,” said Jake. “He is so strong, don't you think.”
“Because he eats his spinach,” said Booker-T. “Do you like Spinach Midge?”
“I never ate spinach,” replied Midge.
“Me either,” said Jake. “Maybe we can get stronger if we eat it.”
“Where do we get it?” asked Midge.
“I don't know,” said Booker-T. “Who is that skinny person? I don't think she eats spinach.”
“That is Olyve Oil, I think,” said Jake.
“We have Olive oil in a bottle in the kitchen,” said Midge.
“Olyve Oil is the name of Popeye's girl friend,” said Jake.
“Oh,” said Midge as she started pushing buttons again. “Lets see what else is on.”
“This is fun,” Laughed Booker-T. “Find some animal stories, Midge.
“Animal stories are good,” said Jake.
Midge pushed the button several times looking for something good to watch.
“Look Midge,” said Jake. “It's Lassie! Lets watch Lassie. I like Lassie. She is a really smart dog.”
Midge set the remote on the coffee table and the three curled up on the sofa to watch Lassie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T