Sunday, January 26, 2020

What to Wish For

   Sorry for the Delay in Posting this week.... Was flying home and was sick ...  So now here is the new story for the week...    Enjoy

=======================================================================


Midge and Booker-T walked along the sidewalk on their way to Jake's house. They had planned on going to the zoo to visit Pinky and the other little animals at the petting zoo. They hurried through the gate into the front yard and found Jake sleeping in the porch swing.
"Hey Jake!" said Midge.
"Wake up," said Booker-T.
"Hi guys," said Jake as he stretched and sat up on the swing.
"You were sleeping," said Midge.
"I think I was dreaming," said Jake.
"Was it a good dream?" asked Midge.
"Oh, I think so," said Jake. "I dreamed I found a pretty gold lamp in the back yard and when I picked it up to take it inside the house, smoke started to come out of it."
"Was it on fire and burning?" asked Midge.
"Maybe it was," said Jake.
"Was it an old lamp with a candle in it," said Booker-T.
"I didn't see a candle in it," said Jake. "When I set the lamp on the floor in the living room, guess what happened?"
"More smoke came out," said Booker-T.
"Something else came out of the lamp with the smoke," said Jake.
"Was it bugs?" asked Midge.
"No, bugs," said Jake. "It was a big dog Genie."
"A genie?" asked Midge. "You saw a Genie?"
"Yes," said Jake. "In my dreams I saw the Genie."
"Did he give you three wishes to wish for?" asked Booker-T.
"Yes," said Jake. "He said I could have three wishes for anything I wanted."
"What did you wish for?" asked Midge. "That is so cool. I wish I could find a Genie."
"The Genie came out of the lamp," said Jake. "And he said 'What do you want to wish for?"
"What did you tell him?" asked Midge.
"I told the Genie that I wanted the three of us to be a human for a day," said Jake.
"Did the Genie make us human?" asked Midge.
"He did," smiled Jake. "It was so much fun being a human for a day."
"What did I look like as a human?" asked Booker-T. "Was I a handsome guy?"
"You were tall and thin and you had black hair and you were wearing a bright orange and black suit," said Jake.
"I like black and orange," said Booker-T. "They are my favorite colors you know."
"I know," smiled Jake. "You are the same color as a big tiger."
"Was I a pretty human?" asked Midge. "I'm a pretty dog."
"You had blonde curly hair," said Jake. "You were shorter than Booker-T and you wore a pretty pink dress with a pink ribbon in your hair. You have pretty pink matching shoes."
"What did you look like Jake?" asked Booker-T.
"I was tall and little heavier than Booker-T," said Jake. "I had brown hair and brown eyes. I looked really good in my white shirt and blue jeans. I even wore cowboy boots."
"Did our owners miss us?" asked Midge.
"No," said Jake. "They didn't remember having any pets."
"Oh," said Midge. "That is sad. I would miss them if I was a human."
"We didn't remember our owners either," said Jake. "The Genie let me see them in the dream and they had other pets because we weren't around anymore. We were humans now."
"I don't think I want to be a human," said Midge. "I want to stay with my human owner. She takes good care of me."
"Oh," said Booker-T. "You know what I would wish for?"
"What would you wish for?" asked Midge.
"I wish for all of us to stay as pets and let our owners take care of us always," said Booker-T.  "I love my owner."
"Me too," said Midge.
"Me too," said Jake. "We can have a lot of fun as pets. Do you like my Genie dream?"
"It was cool," said Midge. "But I'm glad it was a dream."
"I like the dream," smiled Booker-T.
"I did good," laughed Jake. "I told a really good story."
"You didn't have a dream about a Genie?" asked Booker-T.
"No," said Jake. "I made it all up. I heard you when you walked up to the porch."
"Why did you fool us?" asked Midge.
"Because you always want to be human," said Jake. "I thought I would show you what it would be like being a human. We wouldn't have our human owners to take care of us."
"I would miss my owner if we were turned into a human," said Midge.
"If you were turned into a human, you would have to find a job," said Booker-T. "I don't know how to do anything."
"I don't either," said Midge. "I only know how to eat, sleep and have fun."
"Lets go have fun and go see the animals at the petting zoo."
The three agreed and ran out the gate and along the sidewalk to the zoo transfer building where the petting zoo was in an area behind the building.
"I love being a pet," said Midge.
"Me too," said Jake.
"Me too," said Booker-T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T