Friday, July 17, 2020

Super Heroes


"Here I come to save the day," sang Jake as he strolled along the sidewalk on his way to Midge's house. "Here I come to save the day!"
"Hey Jake!" said Gabby as he swooped down and landed on Jake's head. "What are you singing? Why does the day need to be saved?"
"Hi Gabby," smiled Jake. "Mighty mouse is on the way."
"What mouse?" asked Gabby. "I only see you. Are you starting to see things like Midge does?"
"No," said Jake. "I watched on TV last night about a super hero mouse."
"There is a super hero mouse?" asked Gabby.

"Yes," said Jake. "He is a really strong mouse and he flies."
"A flying mouse?" said Gabby. "Wow, can we go see the flying mouse?"
"I don't think we can go see him," said Jake.
"Why not," said Gabby. "I really want to see a mouse that flies."
"But he is on TV only," said Jake.
"He lives in the TV?" asked Gabby confused about the flying mouse."
"Yes," said Jake. "I don't think we can go there."
"What is the mouse's name?' asked Gabby.
"Mighty mouse," said Jake. "I don't think he has another name."
"What does he do?" asked Gabby. "Has Midge and Booker-T seen him?"
"I think Midge has a couple of times," said Jake. "I think she saw him last week."
"I need a song too," said Gabby. "Don't you think I need one?"
"Sure," said Jake. "You can have one if you really want one. What will your song be?"
"Here I come to save the day," sang Gabby. "Gabby the bird is on the way."
"And you can fly like Mighty mouse," said Jake. "Do you have a shirt and pants to wear?"
"Birds don't wear clothes," laughed Gabby.
"Mighty mouse wears a shirt and pants," said Jake.
"I'm going to be the bare Gabby the bird," said Gabby. "I would look funny in a shirt and pants."
"I think super heroes need to wear clothes," said Jake.
"If your mighty mouse a super hero?" asked Gabby.
"Yes," said Jake. "He is a really good super hero. Always out there saving the day from the bad guys."
"I want to be a super hero," said Gabby. "If I mouse can do it, I can too."
"You are the one starting to sound like Midge," laughed Jake. "
"She always wants to be human," smiled Gabby. "I just want to be a super hero like Mighty mouse. Mighty mouse isn't a human is he?"
"Oh no," said Jake. "He is a mouse."
"Well, see," said Gabby. "We can all be super heroes and save the day."
"Do they have any super heroes?" asked Gabby.
"Yes," said Jake. "There is some guy named Superman and I saw one who is called Batman."
"Do they fly too?" asked Gabby.
"Superman flies but Batman drives a car and he calls it the Batmobile," said Jake.
"I can't drive a car," said Gabby. "I will just have to be the flying super hero."
"Lets go to Midge's house," said Jake as he started walking.
"Okay," said Gabby as he flew up above Jake. "Sing your super hero song, Jake. I want to hear all of it.
"Here I come to save the day," sang Jake. "Which means that Mighty mouse is on the way. Yes sir, when there is wrong to right, Mighty mouse will join the fight."
"He sounds like a cool mouse," smiles Gabby. "Does Batman have a song too?"
"His song is strange," said Jake.
"Can you sing it," asked Gabby as they continued on their way to Midge's house.
"Na na na na na," sang Jake. "Batmaaaan."
"That's it?" asked Gabby.
"Yes," sighed Jake.
"Batman doesn't have a good song for himself," said Gabby. "A super hero with a bad song and drives a bat car."
"I like Mighty mouse," said Jake. "He has a cool song and he can fly."
"Hi Jake and Gabby," said Midge as they entered the yard through the front gate.
"Hi Midge," said Gabby.
"Where is Booker-T?" asked Jake.
"He is over at his house," said Midge. "He will be back in a few minutes. What are you two doing?"
"We were talking about super heroes," said Jake.
"What super heroes?" asked Midge.
"Jake was singing the song for some super mouse," said Gabby.
"What super mouse?" asked Midge.
"Remember Mighty mouse?" asked Jake. "Your owner used to show the cartoon about
Mighty mouse."
"Oh yes," said Midge. "I remember. Mighty mouse was a flying mouse."
"Yes," said Jake. "I was watching it last night when my owner's nephew was at the house."
"I want to be a super hero," said Midge. "I think I would make a good super hero."
"But you can't fly," said Gabby. "Well, Batman didn't fly."
"You can't drive a car either," laughed Jake.
"I could be a super hero that walks," said Midge. "Maybe there is a super hero somewhere who walks. Look who is walking along the sidewalk. It's Midge the Super Dog."
"You are going to be a super dog?" asked Gabby.
"Sure," said Midge. "I'm a dog and so I will be the Super Dog."
"Ha ha ha," laughed Jake. "My friend the super dog. What do you do that is super?"
"I will help human kids walk across the streets," smiled Midge.
"That's super?" asked Gabby.
"Sure," said Midge. "Anything I do to help a human or an animal will be super."
"You are funny," said Jake. "Just be Midge, a good friend to all."
"That's what I will be," said Midge. "Super friend."
"Good idea, " agreed Gabby. "You can have a song that says 'Here I come to save the day, it is Midge the super friend to all."
"I like that," smiled Midge as she pranced around the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T