Friday, September 18, 2020

Looking at the Sky

 

"Hey Midge!" called Booker-T as he strolled through the front gate of her yard. "What are you doing?"

"Hi Booker-T, "greeted Midge. "I'm sitting here looking at the pretty clouds in the sky."

"Why?" asked Booker-T.

"I was looking for things up there," smiled Midge.

"Are you looking for space aliens again?" laughed Booker-T.

"No," said Midge. "My owner's nephew was here yesterday and they were laying on the grass looking at the sky and she said she saw an elephant in the sky and the little boy said he saw an angel. I was trying to find that elephant and the angel."

"Did you find them?" asked Booker-T.

"No," sighed Midge. "I guess they aren't up there now. I was looking if there was something else up there."

"Did you see anything?" asked Booker-T.

"No," said Midge.

Both of them sat looking at the sky. "Do you think an elephant could walk on those clouds?"

"I don't know," said Midge. "If they saw an elephant up there yesterday, it must be walking in the clouds."

"Do those clouds ever fall down?" asked Booker-T.

"I don't know," said Midge.

"Hey you guys," called Jake as he came through the gate with Gabby flying above him. "What are you doing?"

"Hi Jake," said Midge. "Hi Gabby."

"We were talking about the sky and the clouds," said Booker-T. "Midge was looking for an elephant up there."

"An elephant," laughed Jake as he sat down. "Are you looking for a space alien elephant?"

"No," sighed Midge. "I was looking for the elephant that my owner said she saw in the sky yesterday."

"Was your owner dreaming?" asked Jake.

"No," said Midge. "She was awake and talking to her little nephew."

"Did you see the elephant yesterday?" asked Gabby.

"No," said Midge shaking her head. "I looked but never saw the elephant. Her little nephew said he saw and angel, but I didn't see it either."

"How can an elephant be in the sky?" asked Jake. "It is too heavy to be up there."

"Maybe it was walking on the clouds," suggested Booker-T.

"I don't think clouds can hold an elephant," said Gabby. "They look fluffy."

"Humans are weird," said Midge.

"Does your owner see things that aren't there like you and your space aliens?" asked Jake.

"I think my space aliens are real," said Midge. "One of these days, the space aliens are going to come down and talk to us."

"Maybe," smiled Booker-T. "Maybe if there are space aliens up there somewhere, there are elephants up there too."

"Are there angels in the sky?" asked Midge. "I didn't see the angel either."

"I have heard the humans talk about angels up there," said Gabby. "They were telling someone that the angels would watch over them."

"I remember my owner telling her brother he must have a guardian angel," said Jake.

"Wow," said Midge. "Did he see the angel?"

"I don't think so," said Jake.

"Does all the humans have those guardian angels?" asked Booker-T.

"I don't know," said Jake.

"I wonder if dogs and cats and other animals have those guardian angels," said Midge.

"I don't know," said Jake.

"Maybe," said Gabby.

"I will look for angels in the sky," said Midge. "Maybe one day I will see one too."

"Just keep looking Midge," said Booker-T. "Maybe you will see one."

"Do you want to go to the farm today?" asked Jake.

"Okay," said Midge. "I want to go see the horses and the cows. We haven't been there in a long time."

"I like to go running in the country," said Booker-T.

"Let's go," said Jake as he got up and started walking to the gate.

Booker-T and Midge followed Jake through the gate and Gabby flew above them.

"Oh, look up there, Jake," said Midge. "Dark clouds coming."

"Maybe going to rain," said Booker-T.

"Maybe we better stay home," said Jake. "We don't want to go to the country and then the rain comes."

"We can get wet," laughed Midge. "I like running in the rain."

"Me too," said Booker-T.

"Okay," said Jake.

As they got closer to the farm, it began to rain. They ran around at the farm laughing and getting wet. "This is fun," laughed Midge.

"Look," said Booker-T. "All the cows and the horses are running around in the rain too."

"The rain is cool," said Midge.

"Now we don't need a bath," said Jake.

"I don't know," said Midge. "Every time I get wet from the rain, my owner gives me a bath."

"Why?" asked Gabby.

"She says I stink," sighed Midge. "So she puts shampoo on me and gives me a bath."

"Does the rain make you stink?" asked Booker-T.

"Maybe," said Midge. "I don't know."

"Lets go talk to the cows and horses," said Jake.

They all ran up to visit the cows and the horses before going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T