Friday, September 25, 2020

The Photo Album

 

Jake and Booker-T walked into the front yard at Midge's house. Midge wasn't sitting on the front porch like she usually does every morning. sitting on the table was a big red book. Jake put his paws up on the table to see what it was.

"What is it Jake?" asked Booker-T.

"It says, 'Photo Album' on the outside of it," said Jake.

"What is a Photo Album?" asked Booker-T.

"It is a book of pictures," said Jake. "My owner has one in the bedroom."

"What kind of pictures?" asked Booker-T.

"My owner has pictures of her family and I'm in it too," said Jake. "Does your owner have one?"

"I don't know," said Booker-T.

Midge came around the corner of the house and saw Jake and Booker-T sitting on the porch.

"Hi guys," smiled Midge. "What are you doing?"

"We came to see if you wanted to go to the little zoo today," said Jake.

"What are you doing?" asked Booker-T.

"I was looking at the pictures in that book my owner forgot on the table last night," said Midge.

"Can we see your pictures?" asked Booker-T.

"Sure," said Midge as she took her nose and pushed the cover of the album open.

"Who is that?" asked Jake.

"That's my owner when she was a little girl," said Midge. "I think she told her nephew she was 12 years old in that picture."

"Wow," said Booker-T. "I guess I forgot our owners were little humans one time and grew up."

"She was cute," smiled Jake.

Midge flipped the pages with her nose as they sat and looked at the pictures.

"Is that you?" asked Jake looking at the picture of the little puppy on the page.

"Yes," said Midge. "I was a little puppy and that was the day I came to live with my owner."

"You were really cute when you were a puppy," said Booker-T.

"I'm still cute," smiled Midge. "I'm just bigger now."

"I think all puppies and kittens are cute," said Jake. "I was a big puppy."

"You are a big dog too," laughed Booker-T.

"Who is that?" asked Jake looking at the picture of a man and woman in front of a Christmas tree.

"That is my owner's mom and dad," said Midge. "They are the ones who brought me to live with my owner."

"Do they come to see your owner?" asked Jake. "I never heard you talk about them. Only a nephew and a brother."

"They went to heaven a year ago," sighed Midge. "I think my owner said they were in a car accident and died."

"Oh, that is sad," said Booker-T. "Is this her nephew?"

"Yes," smiled Midge. "He was just a little baby human in that picture. He sure did cry a lot."

"I think babies do a lot of crying," said Jake. "My owner's niece came over one day when she was a baby human and she was always crying and sleeping. I liked it when she was sleeping. "

"Hey look here," said Jake. "Who is the clown?"

"That is my owner's nephew," laughed Midge. "My owner dressed him like a clown for Halloween."

"He makes a good clown," laughed Booker-T. "Look at all the pumpkins around him and the black cat."

"Pictures are nice," said Jake. "Do they have animal albums too?"

"I think the humans can make them," said Midge. "My owner has a little book with pictures of me in it. She has a picture of me on the bedroom wall."

"Nice," smiled Booker-T. "I want to see it."

"I will show you later," said Midge.

"Who are those people?' asked Jake looking at a picture of about 12 boys and 6 girls sitting under a tree.

"Those are all the little humans in her nephew's daycare class," said Midge.

"He goes to daycare?" asked Booker-T.

"Yes," said Midge.

"What is daycare?" asked Booker-T.

"It is a place that takes care of little humans in the day time so their moms and dads can work," said Jake. "My owner's niece goes to daycare place after school."

"Do they have daycare for dogs and cats too?" asked Booker-T.

"No," said Jake. "I think they have something called Kennels for dogs and cats when humans need someone to care for their pets."

"I've been in a Kennel once," said Midge.

"Me too," said Jake. "It isn't too bad."

"I missed everyone when I was there," said Midge.

"Hey Jake, look at this picture of Midge with the pretty blue ribbon in her fur," said Booker-T.

"I remember when you got that blue ribbon," smiled Jake. "You pranced around trying to get Booker-T and me to notice your new bow."

"Oh yes," laughed Midge. "I remember. I wanted you to see my new bow I got."

"I like this picture," said Jake. "You look really nice sitting with your owner."

"I like that one too," said Midge. "The Photo man came to the house and took it and a couple more."

"These are nice pictures Midge," said Jake. "I never looked at my owner's photo album. Maybe I will look at her pictures too and see who is in them."

"Does your owner have one, Booker-T?" asked Midge.

"I don't know," said Booker-T. "I will look in the house. Maybe she has one somewhere."

"These are nice," said Jake. "Think my owner calls them memories."

"That's nice," said Midge. "Memory pictures in a book."

"Can we go to the petting zoo now and visit Pinky and the other animals?" asked Booker-T.

"Sure," said Jake. "Lets go."

The three ran through the gate and started walking along the sidewalk on the way to the petting zoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T