Friday, October 2, 2020

The Chef

 

Midge and Booker-T walked along the sidewalk on their way to Jake's house.

"What are we going to do today?" asked Booker-T.

"I don't know," said Midge. "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know," said Booker-T. "What do you want to do?"

"Hey guys," said Gabby as he swooped down from the trees above.

Midge and Booker-T stopped walking when Gabby landed on the sidewalk in front of them.

"Hi Gabby," smiled Midge. "What are you doing?"

"I saw you walking along and flew down to say hello," said Gabby. "Where are you going?"

"We are on our way to Jake's house," said Booker-T. "What are you doing this morning?"

"I was going to tell you about a show in the park today," said Gabby.

"What kind of show?" asked Midge. "Maybe we can go see the show."

"I think it is some kind of cooking show," said Gabby.

"Oh goodie," said Booker-T. "Food."

"Ha ha," said Midge. "What kind of cooking show is it?"

"I don't know," said Gabby. "Some guy is going to be cooking food out there in the park for the people who come to the show. Lets go see it."

"Maybe we can get some free food," said Midge.

"Lets go ask Jake if he wants to go see it," said Booker-T as they started walking along the sidewalk again. "Come on with us Gabby."

"I'm with you," said Gabby. I'm hungry."

"You are like Booker-T," laughed Midge. "You a re always hungry."

"I think you are too," said Booker-T.

They hurried through the front gate at Jake's and found him napping on the front porch swing.

"Hey Jake!" called Midge. "Wake up!"

"Lets go to the cooking show," said Booker-T.

"What cooking show?" asked Jake as he sat up in the swing blinking his eyes.

"Gabby said they are doing a cooking show in the park this morning," said Midge.

"Maybe we can get some free food," smiled Jake. "Okay, lets go."

The three friends hurried out through the gate and strolled along the sidewalk with their friend, Gabby, flying above them. They reached the park and checked the street both ways before crossing into the park. They hurried to the picnic area where they found people sitting in chairs and a man on the stage talking to them and cooking something. The air smelled good with what he was cooking.

"That smells really good," said Jake.

"It smells like Chicken that my owner makes at home," said Midge.

"I like Chicken," said Booker-T. "Lets get closer and see what he is doing."

They inched their way closer to the stage and sat down and sniffed the air. It made them hungry.

"What does the sign say, Jake?" asked Booker-T.

"It says 'Chef Bobby demonstrates his new cookware'," said Jake.

"What is demonstrate men?" asked Booker-T.

"He is showing everyone how to cook with some kind of cookware he has," said Jake.

"My owner has cookware," said Midge. "But she don't show people how to cook with it."

"I think he is selling cookware," said Gabby.

"He isn't a real chef?' asked Booker-T.

"He is a real chef," said Jake. "He just has some new cookware that he is selling for some cookware company."

"The chicken smells good," said Midge. "I want some."

"Me too," smiled Booker-T. "Do you think he will throw some at us to eat?"

"I hope so," said Midge. "We could dance along in front of the stage and maybe he will throw us some."

"Okay," said Booker-T.

"I want to be a chef," said Midge. "I could cook food all the time for my friends."

"You can't be a chef," laughed Gabby and Jake.

Booker-T raised his eyebrows and started laughing too. "You are funny."

"Don't you think I would make a good chef?" asked Midge.

"How would you cook?" asked Jake. "You don't have hands and you don't know how

to cook. that is just too funny."

"I could learn," said Midge holding her head up. "I will call myself 'Chef Midge'."

"No, it won't work," said Gabby.

"It could work," said Midge. "I can learn."

"Who is going to teach you to cook?" asked Jake.

"I don't know," said Midge. "I've never seen a dog chef before."

"I saw a dog and cat restaurant one time," said Booker-T. "But the chef in it was human."

"A human chef was cooking for dogs and cats?" asked Midge.

"Yes," said Booker-T.

"Where is that restaurant?" asked Jake.

"In my dreams," laughed Booker-T.

"Funny funny," said Midge. "Come on, lets go dance in front of the stage and see if he will give us some chicken. I want to eat."

"Okay," said Jake.

Midge got up and headed to the front of the stage and stood on her hind legs dancing around in the front of the chef. Jake stood up on his hind legs and joined her at the stage. Booker-T hurried to follow Jake. The people sitting in the chairs started laughing and clapping as they danced in front of the stage.

"Hey Bobby," called a man who was sitting on the stage to the left. "When did you add them to your show?"

"I didn't," said Bobby. "Where did they come from?"

"Maybe they want some chicken," said the other man. "They are cute and the people are loving it."

The chef tossed out some pieces of the cooked chicken to the three dancing animals.

"Welcome everyone to my show," said Chef Bobby. "Hope you enjoyed the surprise show we just had. The Barkley cookware was designed by me for chefs. I hope you will be interested in buying some for your own cooking pleasure. You can see my show manager, Mr. Stark if you are interested in getting some of the cookware. If you will come to the stage, I will give you samples of the chicken we cooked here today along with the buttered rice."

"That chicken was good," said Midge.

"I liked it too," said Booker-T.

They sat a few minutes and watched all the people coming to the stage to taste the chicken and rice. Jake put his front paws on the edge of the stage and stretched his head to see. Chef Bobby walked to the edge of the stage and reached down and patted Jake on the head. He tossed them each another piece of the chicken and then went back to greet the people.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T