Friday, October 9, 2020

The Dream

 "Hey Midge," said Booker-T as he walked to her front porch where she was asleep in the porch bench.

Midge didn't move.

"Midge," said Booker-T. "Wake up."

Midge opened her eyes and slowly stood up and shook her head.

"You were sleeping good," said Booker-T.

Midge started looking around at herself and then stared at Booker-T.

"Do I look different?" asked Midge.

"Different than what?' asked Booker-T.

"Different than I always look," said Midge.

"No," said Booker-T.

"My tail looks okay?" asked Midge.

Booker-T walked around to the back of Midge and checked her tail. "It looks the same, Midge."

"You are sure?" asked Midge.

"I ate a lot of carrots and I turned into a rabbit," said Midge.

"When did you eat all the carrots?" asked Booker-T.

"I ate them, I think last night," said Midge.

"You don't remember?" asked Booker-T.

"I think it was last night," said Midge.

"Hi Midge," greeted Jake as he walked up to the porch. "What are you two talking about?"

"Do I look okay, Jake?" asked Midge.

"You look like Midge," said Jake.

"I have turned into a rabbit," said Midge. "See my fluffy white tail."

"Turn around let me see," said Jake.

Midge stood back up and turned around to show Jake her tail.

"I don't see a fluffy white tail," said Jake. "It looks like your long tail."

"She thinks she is a rabbit," said Booker-T.

"Midge," said Jake. "Are you sleep walking again?"

"I am awake," said Midge.

"Why do you think you are a rabbit?' asked Jake.

"I ate too many carrots last night and then went to sleep," said Midge. "When I woke up, I am a rabbit now. I don't want to be a rabbit. I like rabbits but I don't want to be one."

"I don't think you look like a rabbit," said Jake. "I don't think Booker-T sees you as a rabbit."

"Maybe you are walking and talking in your sleep again," said Booker-T. "Why don't you go lay down and wake up."

"But I'm awake," said Midge.

"You think you are awake, but you are sleeping Midge," said Jake.

"If I am asleep," said Midge. "Why am I talking to you?"

"Because you do that some times," said Booker-T. "You fall asleep and then start taking."

"What am I going to do," said Midge. "I'm a rabbit. Do you think my owner will like me as a rabbit. She gave me all those carrots."

"Sure Midge," said Jake. "She will love you as a rabbit."

"But she might not recognize me and I can't tell her it's me," sighed Midge.

"I think after a good sleep, you will be fine," said Jake. "Why don't you go lay down."

Midge agreed and went to the back doggie door and crawled through into the kitchen and slowly walked to the bedroom where she climbed into her bed and curled up. Jake and Booker-T followed her into the house and and stopped to talk to Snappy.

"Hey you guys," said Snappy. "What are you doing?"

"Did you see Midge this morning?' asked Jake.

"She said hi to me this morning," said Snappy.

"Was she okay?" asked Booker-T.

"She was talking funny," said Snappy. "She kept saying she was a rabbit."

"I think she is walking and talking in her sleep and she was dreaming she was a rabbit," said Jake.

"Wow," said Snappy. "I never saw her do that before. I kept telling her she didn't look like a rabbit to me."

"She does that some times," said Jake. "One time she was talking in her sleep and she thought she was a little girl human and was ready to go to school. We had to wake her up."

They sat and talked to Snappy and in a few minutes, Midge strolled out of the bedroom.

"Hey guys," said Midge. "When did you get here?"

"Hi Midge," said Jake. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I feel fine," said Midge. "I had a really strange dream this morning."

"Really," said Booker-T. "What kind of a dream?"

"I dreamed I was eating a lot of carrots and then went I went to bed for the night, I woke up and I had turned into a rabbit," said Midge.

"Wow, that is funny," smiled Booker-T. "Did you look good as a rabbit?"

"I was a fluffy white rabbit with a puffy white tail," said Midge.

'I never dreamed I was something else before," said Jake. "That's cool."

"Sometimes, Midge dreams she is a human," laughed Booker-T.

"I can dream," smiled Midge. "Sometimes, I day dream I'm a human."

"I know," smiled Jake.

"I think I was cute as a rabbit," said Midge. "But I don't want to eat carrots all the time. I don't think rabbits eat the same things dogs do. And I think I would get tired of hopping around all the time."

"I like you as a dog," said Jake.

"Me too," smiled Booker-T.

"Now that you are awake," said Jake. "Do you want to go to the park?"

"Okay," smiled Midge. "Lets go."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T