Friday, September 4, 2020

The Mysterious Alien

 Midge is sitting on the front porch staring into space. The sun was starting to go down for the night as she watched the clouds slowly moving across the skies. suddenly she heard a funny noise and looked around.

  "Maybe something on the street," thought Midge. 

 She stood up and slowly went to the front gate and looked up and down the street. She saw nothing there. She stood there for a few minutes. She turned around to go back to the front porch. There standing in front of her, stood a short little guy with a green suit on and a bald head. Midge stood and stared at him.

 "This is a funny little human," thought Midge.

"Why am I funny?" asked the little guy.

Midge stared at him. "How does he know I think he looks funny?" thought Midge.

"I can hear you," said the guy. "My name is Semor. What is your name?"

"I'm Midge," said Midge. "Can you read my mind?"

"I can hear your thoughts and what you say," said Semor.

"Where did you come from?" asked Midge.

"I come a long way from here," said Semor. "My ship is in your back yard."

"Your ship?" asked Midge. "You have a ship?"

"Yes," said Semor. "Do you want to see it?"

"Sure," said Midge as she followed Semor to the back yard.

She stood there and stared at this big silver ship sitting in the back yard.

"Come on inside," said Semor as he held out his hand toward the ship and a door opened and steps lowered to the ground.

Midge stood just staring at the ship unable to get her feet to move. "Oh wow," thought Midge. "A real space ship."

"Yes," said Semor. "It is a space ship. It is how I travel to different places. Come on inside."

She raised her eyebrows and slowly followed him up the stairs to the inside of the ship. She stood in the doorway of the ship and looked around the inside. Along one wall, was a long table like thing filled with all kind of gauges and knobs. More gauges filled the wall behind the long table.

"Wow," said Midge. "This is really big."

"Do you like my ship?" asked Semor.

"It is very big," smiled Midge. "Why did you come here to my house?"

"You keep searching for a spaceman all the time," said Semor.

"How do you know that?" asked Midge blinking her eyes.

"I have heard your thoughts as I fly over your house," said Semor. "I was on my way home and saw you staring into the skies so I landed to say hello."

"Are you really a space alien?" asked Midge.

"I guess that is what I am," said Semor. "Why do you call me a space alien?"

"Because you come from somewhere out there in space," said Midge.

"Is that what a space alien is?" asked Semor.

"Yes," said Midge.

"What are you called?" asked Semor.

"I'm a dog," said Midge. "I am what humans call a pet."

"You live with humans?" asked Semor.

"Yes," replied Midge. "Are you a human?"

"No," said Semor. "I can talk to you and I can hear you talk and I hear your thoughts. I don't think humans understand you when you talk or hear you think."

"No," said Midge. "My friends and I understand what the humans say but they don't know what we say. The humans don't speak Meow or bark bark."

"What is bark bark or meow?" asked Semor.

"Dogs bark and cats say meow," said Midge. "That is what humans hear."

Semor reached for a small chain with a small round disk hanging on it and placed it around Midge's neck.

"What is this?" asked Midge.

"It is magic, Midge," said Semor. "With the magic disk, the humans will understand what you are saying."

"Wow," said Midge. "I can talk to my owner and she will know what I am saying?'

"Yes," said Semor.

"Wow," smiled Midge. "I can talk to my owner now. She will be so surprised."

"Yes, she will," agreed Semor. "She will think it is normal and that she has always been able to talk to you."

"I'm excited," said Midge. "I can't wait to talk to her."

"Time for me to go," said Semor.

"Will you come back tomorrow to meet my friends?" asked Midge.

"I will if you want me to," said Semor.

"My friends don't think there are space aliens out there in space somewhere," said Midge. "I want to show them you are real."

"Okay," agreed Semor. "I will fly back to your world to meet Jake and Booker-T."

"You know their names?" asked Midge.

"I heard your thoughts, remember," said Semor.

"I remember," said Midge.

"Okay," said Semor. "Now I have to go. I have a long way to go tonight. Good-bye Midge."

"Bye Semor," smiled Midge as she walked away from the ship so Semor could fly away.

She walked back to the front porch and climbed onto the bench and stared at the sky as Semor flew away into the night.

"Midge!" called Jake. "Midge! Wake up!"

"Hi Jake," said Midge. "Did you see him?"

"See who?" asked Jake.

"Semor," said Midge.

"Who is Semor?" asked Booker-T.

"He's a little space alien who came to visit me," said Midge. "He gave me a magic disk."

"You must be dreaming again," said Jake.

"I saw him," said Midge. "I was inside the space ship. He gave me this disk around my neck."

"There is nothing around your neck but your pink collar," said Booker-T staring at her neck.

"I was dreaming?" asked Midge.

"I think so," smiled Jake. "You are always wanting to see a space alien so you were dreaming about it again."

"I thought it was real," sighed Midge.

"Come on Midge," said Booker-T. "Lets go to the little zoo place."

Midge got down from the bench and followed Jake and Booker-T out the front gate.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T