Friday, September 24, 2021

The Little Queen

 

Jake and Booker-T walked through the gate at Midge's house and stood there watching Midge. She had a pink bow on her ears and was prancing back and forth across the porch. She would get to one side of the porch and flip her head around and back across the porch.

"Hey Midge!" called Jake as they walked to the porch. "What are you doing?"

"I'm practicing," smiled Midge as she flipper her head back and forth.

"Is there something wrong with your head?" asked Booker-T.

"No," said Midge.

"Why are you practicing?" asked Jake. "You know how to walk."

"I am practicing being a queen," said Midge.

"Ha ha ha," laughed Booker-T. "Where are you going to be queen?"

"I'm going to be queen of the palace when they open it," said Midge.

"You can't be queen," said Jake. "It's a movie palace and they don't have queens."

"I will be the first queen," smiled Midge. "Don't you think I'd make a good queen."

"You would be a good queen," said Booker-T. "You can be queen in your house."

"I'm already queen in my house," said Midge.

"And Jake and I are kings," smiled Booker-T. "Do you think we could be king of the palace?"

"One of you can be a king and the other can be a prince," said Midge.

"It's just a movie palace," said Jake. "We can't be king and queen of the movie palace. And Booker-T can't be a prince."

"Do you have a crown?" asked Booker-T.

"Oh," said Midge. "I don't have a crown. Where can I get a crown?"

"Maybe they will give us our crowns when we go to the palace," said Booker-T.

"Do you want to go and see what they are doing at the palace?" asked Jake.

"Lets go!" said Midge as she hurried across the yard with Booker-T and Jake following behind her. "I want to see what they are doing?"

They hurried along the sidewalk where they were building the movie palace. Big humans were all over the place as they worked on the front of the palace. "Wow," said Midge. "Looks just like a big palace with kings and queens. It has fancy windows."

"It is going to be really pretty when they finish it," said Booker-T. "Does the sign say when they will be open?"

Jake got close enough to read the sign. "It says, Grand Opening on the 2nd of October," read Jake.

"Wow," said Booker-T. "That is soon, isn't it?"

"I think it is next week," said Midge. "I need to find a crown so I can wear it here when we come."

"They won't let you be queen, Midge," smiled Jake.

"When I come with my crown on my head," said Midge. "They will open the doors for me so I can walk in with my head up high."

"Where are you going to get a crown?" asked Booker-T. "Do you have one at home?"

"I remembered my owner's niece had one in the closet in my owner's bedroom," said Midge. "I will use her crown."

"Is your owner's niece a queen?" asked Booker-T.

"I don't know," said Midge. "I think maybe she is. She has a crown and a pretty pink dress she wears with the crown."

"Wow, you have a little human queen in your family," said Jake. "That is so cool."

"I know," said Midge. "I will get her crown and then we can go to the palace and walk in together."

"You will be a pretty queen," said Booker-T. "Jake and I will sneak inside with you. I want to see a movie."

"I will be ready to go that morning," said Midge. "I want to see a movie too. I like movies."

"Me too," said Jake. "My owner likes movies too. I sit with her when she watches movies, but sometimes I fall asleep on the sofa."

"Ha ha," laughed Midge. "Me too. I will be sitting there with my owner and I always fall asleep and she wakes me up when she turns off the TV."

"Wow, Jake!," said Midge. "Look at that big statue they are putting in the front. what is it?"

"I'm not sure," said Jake. "It is really big."

"Looks like a big human," said Midge. "Do you think it is a statue of a big king?"

"Maybe," said Jake.

They sat and watched as the working humans set up the big statue. They pulled the big cover off the statue and it was a big human with a cowboy hat on.

"Who is it?" asked Booker-T.

"I don't know," said Jake.

"Can you read the sign on the bottom of the statue?"asked Midge.

"Not from here," said Jake. "I need to walk over there."

Jake stood up and slowly walked over to the statue, keeping his eyes on the workers. He got

close and they ran him off telling him to go away. Jake turned and hurried back to Midge and Booker-T.

"Did you see the sign?" asked Midge.

"Yes," said Jake. "It said, John Wayne."

"Is he a cowboy?" asked Midge.

"I think so," said Jake. "Cowboys wear the hats. I saw it in the movies. My owner likes Cowboy movies. I like the horses in the movies."

"I want to see Lassie," smiled Midge. "She is a pretty dog."

"I do too," said Jake.

"I never saw a cat in the movies," sighed Booker-T. "Don't they like cats?"

"I saw one movie with a cat," said Midge. "It was a funny movie. The cat was really smart in the movie."

"I want to see that movie," said Booker-T.

"Are you ready to go home?"asked Jake. "I'm hungry."

"Okay," laughed Midge.

"What is so funny?" asked Jake.

"You are always hungry," said Midge. "Lets go to your house."

They each agreed and started to walk to Jake's house.

"I'm sleepy too," said Booker-T.

"You can take a nap when we get to Jake's house," said Midge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T