Friday, October 1, 2021

The Grand Opening

 

Midge ran out into the living room and leaped into the chair next to Snappy's tank. "Good morning Snappy," smiled Midge.

"Good morning, Midge. You are happy this morning," smiled Snappy.

"I know," said Midge. "It is a happy day today."

"Why is it a happy day?" asked Snappy. "I'm always happy every day."

"We are going to the palace," said Midge. "I hope I can see the queen."

"You are going to see a queen?" asked Snappy. "Wow, that is exciting."

"Yes," smiled Midge. "I'm really excited to go see the queen."

"Where is the palace?" asked Snappy. "I didn't know we had a palace in our town."

"It's a new palace," said Midge. "They just built it."

"Who is the queen?" asked Snappy.

"I don't know the queen's name," said Midge. "She rules over the movies."

"She is a movie queen?" asked Snappy.

"Yes, I think so," said Midge.

"Why does she rule over movies?" asked Snappy.

"I don't know," said Midge. "We are going to see the queen and maybe we can find out why she rules over movies."

"Hey guys," said Booker-T as he entered the living room.

"Hi Booker-T," said Snappy. "Are you excited?"

"Excited about what?" asked Booker-T.

"Midge said you were going to see the queen," said Snappy as Midge sat there with a big smile on her face and raised her eyebrows.

"What queen are we going to see?" asked Booker-T.

"The movie queen," replied Midge.

"I didn't know there was a movie queen," said Booker-T.

"We are going to the Movie Palace today," said Midge.

"But I don't think there is a queen there," said Booker-T. "It is just a place that shows movies."

"It's a palace," said Midge. "There must be a queen there."

"I don't think so," said Booker-T.

"We can look for the queen when we go," said Midge. "Are you ready to go to Jake's house?"

"Sure," said Booker-T.

"Say hi to the queen," said Snappy. "It will be exciting to see a queen."

Midge and Booker-T said good-bye to Snappy and walked through the kitchen and out the doggie door in the kitchen. As Midges went through the door, she saw Jake coming around the corner of the house.

"Hi Jake," said Midge. "Booker-T and I were coming to your house."

"I think the Movie Palace is closer to your house so I walked over here," said Jake. "Are you ready to go?"

"We are ready to go," said Booker-T.

"Do you think we can sneak in to watch the movie when we get there?" asked Midge.

"I thought you had a plan," laughed Jake.

"I have to see the building first," said Midge. "Then I will think."

"But you are the queen of sneak," laughed Booker-T.

"I'm the queen," smiled Midge. "I belong in the palace."

"I thought you were going to wear the crown that your owner's niece has," said Jake.

"I couldn't find it," sighed Midge. "I think she took it home with her. I have my bows on my ears."

"They look nice," smiled Jake. "But I don't think they will know you are a queen."

"And I can't tell them either," sighed Midge. "They don't understand us when we talk. I wish they could understand what we say. I should be a human."

"You don't like being a dog?" asked Booker-T. "We have fun together."

"I know," said Midge. "I like having fun with with you."

"But you still want to do human things," said Jake.

"Yes," sighed Midge. "Humans have a lot of fun."

"But remember what I told you?" asked Jake.

"What?" asked Midge.

"They also have to go to work all the time," said Jake.

"Oh, I remember," smiled Midge. "I know. My owner goes to work every morning."

"Lets go to the movies," said Booker-T. "I want to watch a movie at the palace."

"Okay," laughed Midge. "Lets go Jake."

The three hurried out the yard gate and walked along the sidewalk to the new movie palace.

"Where are you three going?" asked Gabby as he flew down from above and landed on the sidewalk in front of them.

"Hi there Gabby," said Jake. "What are you doing?"

"I'm just flying around the town looking around," said Gabby.

"Why are you looking around?" asked Midge.

"I like to see what is happening," said Jake. "Remember I told you about the Movie Palace."

"Yes,' said Booker-T.

"I see things from up in the air," said Gabby.

"I know," sighed Midge. "I wish I could fly too."

"Dogs don't fly, Midge," laughed Jake.

"Did you see anything good?" asked Booker-T.

"I just flew over the movie palace," said Gabby. "There are many humans there in a big long line."

"Oh wow," said Midge. "We are going to the movie palace and going to try and sneak in to watch a movie."

"There are a lot of humans there," said Gabby. "Maybe it will be easy to sneak in and they won't notice you."

"Come on Jake, Lets hurry," said Midge. "Do you want to sneak in too?"

"No," said Gabby. "But maybe I can help you sneak in."

"How?" asked Booker-T.

"I will fly through the door and when they try to shoo me back out the door," said Gabby. "You can sneak in and go to the room where they show the movie."

"That might work," smiled Midge. "Come on, lets go."

The three started walking along the sidewalk while Gabby flew above them. When they reached the movie palace, they saw a really long line waiting to get into the building.

"Lets sneak up to the front of the line," said Jake. "They will never know that we are going to go inside."

"Okay," said Booker-T. "We have to watch for Gabby to fly in and then try to rush in."

The three stood near the door and watched as Gabby flew in and landed on the head of the young human inside the door taking tickets from the people. As the human tried to shoo the bird out the door, they ran past everyone and into the room where the movie will be shown. They hurried down the aisle and found 3 seats and climbed into the seats. They sat there looking around at all the humans walking into the room.

"When is the movie going to start?" whispered Booker-T.

"I don't know," said Midge.

Suddenly they looked up and there stood a big human with his hands on his hips.

"Go home!" shouted the human as he waved at the three sitting in the seats. "Go home. You can't be in here."

Midge looked at Jake and Booker-T and back at the human. As he walked closer to them, they jumped from the seats and ran the other way and out the front door.

"I wanted to see the movie," sighed Midge.

"I know," said Jake. "I think we will have to watch movies at home with our owners.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T