Friday, October 29, 2021

The Halloween Party

 

Midge walked over to Booker-T's house and ran around to the back of the house.. She poked her head through the doggie door and looked around the kitchen. No Booker-T. she crawled through the door and into the house. She walked from room to room looking for Booker-T.

"Hey, Booker-T!" called Midge. "Where are you? I'm here!"

She didn't hear him reply. She stood a moment and then went to the bedroom where his owner slept, but he wasn't there.

"I wonder where he is," thought Midge., as she sat down on the living room floor. "He didn't come to my house. I don't think he went to Jake's without me."

She sat a few minutes and went outside and ran around to the front of the house. Booker-T wasn't there either. She walked back to her house and crawled back into her house and went to the living room.

"What are you doing, Midge?" asked Snappy. "I thought I saw you walking to Booker-T's house."

"I did," sighed Midge. "But he wasn't home. Did Booker-T come over here?"

"I hadn't seen him," said Snappy. "If he was here, you would have seen him when you came through the living room."

"I know," said Midge.

"Maybe he went to Jake's house," suggested Snappy.

"I don't think so," said Midge. "He was going to walk with me this morning."

"Why don't you walk to Jake's house and see if he is there," said Snappy.

"I wish I was a human," sighed Midge.

"Why?" asked Snappy.

"If we were humans, I could pick up the phone and call Jake," said Midge. "But I have to run over to Jake's house and he might not be there."

"You can run fast," smiled Snappy.

"I know," said Midge. "Okay, think I will run over to Jake's house. I will be back later, Snappy."

"Okay," said Snappy. "I hope you find Booker-T. "Maybe he went to the vets today."

"I don't think so," said Midge.

"How do you know?" asked Snappy.

"He went last week," said Midge. "He goes the same time I do."

"Oh, okay," said Snappy. "Where else would he go?"

"I don't know," said Midge.

"Hey Midge," said Jake as he walked into the living room. "What are you doing? I thought you and Booker-T was coming to my house this morning"

"I was," said Midge. "But I can't find Booker-T."

"Was he going to the vet this morning?" asked Jake.

'No," said Midge.

"Is your owner having the Halloween party tonight?" asked Jake.

"Yes," said Midge. "Did you see all those tables in the kitchen?"

"I saw them when I walked through the house," said Jake.

"Everyone is suppose to be here at 7:00 this evening," said Midge. "I heard her tell her brother on the phone to come little early at 6:30."

"I am excited to be at your party," smiled Jake. "Are you going to wear a costume like you did last year?"

"Yes," said Midge. "My owner got me a new costume. It's on the bed in the bedroom."

"What are you going to be?" asked Snappy.

"I'm going to be raccoon," laughed Midge.

"You will be funny," said Jake. "I wonder what Booker-T is going to be."

"I don't know," said Midge. "I can't find him."

"Lets run to his house and see if he is there," said Jake.

"I was there and he wasn't there," said Midge.

"Lets go again," suggested Jake. "Maybe he is back there now."

"Okay," said Midge as she followed Jake out the doggie door.

They walked around the house and was about to turn the corner into the front yard when suddenly a ghost jumped out of the bushes and Midge screamed and ran behind Jake. Jake grabbed the ghost and the sheet came off of Booker-T.

"Booker-T!" said Midge. "You scared me!"

"I know," laughed Booker-T. "That was fun."

"That was mean," said Midge.

"You did it to him in the living room the other day," said Jake. "That was good Booker-T."

"I know," laughed Booker-T. "It was fun. I'm going to come to your party as a ghost."

"What are you going to be Midge?" asked Booker-T.

"My owner got me a raccoon costume," said Midge. "She will put it on me tonight."

"This is going to be so fun," said Jake.

"What are you going to be Jake," asked Midge.

"I am going to be a little horse," said Jake.

"Oh wow," said Booker-T. "That will be fun. Do you think the kids might try to ride you?"

"I didn't think of that," said Jake. "I hope not."

"Lets go sit on the front porch and rest," said Midge.

"Why do you want to rest?" asked Booker-T.

"I want to rest for the party," said Midge.

"Okay," agreed Jake. "I have to go home soon so my owner can put my costume on before

she brings me back here for your owner's part."

"This is going to be fun," sang Midge. "I like a party and this will be a costume party."

They sat on the porch and watched the little humans walking along the sidewalk with their costumes. They saw clowns, kings and princesses, superman and cat woman, a few ghosts came along also. Jake fell asleep on the swing. In a couple hours, Midge woke him up so he could go get his costume on. Booker-T ran next door to get his costume on and Midge ran in the house to get hers on.

Midge stood at the door with her owner as she gave out candy to the little humans with their costumes on. Soon the party people came in to dance and have fun. A song began to play called the Monster Mash. Midge's owner came out of the bedroom dressed like a blue monster.

"It's party time!" she called out and everyone started to dance and laugh. Midge, Jake and Booker-T watched them laughing and dancing around.

"Lets dance Midge," said Jake.

Midge stood up on her two hind legs and started to dance around the floor. Jake and Booker-T decided it would be fun to dance with her. The room was filled with monsters of all kinds.

"What kind of party is this? asked Booker-T.

"I think this is the Monster mash party," laughed Midge. "They are all monsters."

"It's a monster of a party," laughed Jake.

"And we are different animals," said Midge.

"You and Jake are animals and I'm a ghost," said Booker-T.

"You are a ghost of a billy goat," laughed Midge. "I like billy goats."

"Lets go find something to eat," said Jake. "I'm hungry."

A little boy tried to climb on Jake.

"Run!" screamed Jake as he, Midge and Booker-T ran to the other room looking for food.

"Time to find a safe space from the little humans," laughed Midge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T