Friday, April 1, 2022

Another Midge

 

Midge ran out of the bedroom and leaped into the chair and pressed her nose against the glass of Snappy's tank.

“Hi Snappy!” smiled Midge.

“You look happy this morning,” said Snappy.

“I'm always happy,” said Midge.

“But this morning, you sound excited,” said Snappy. “What are you guys going to do today?”

“We are going to the farm to see Lucy,” said Midge. “And take her to the park if she wants to go.”

“I thought you met Lucy yesterday,” said Snappy.

“We did,” said Midge. “We told her we would come and take her to the park with us, if she wanted to come along.”

“That will be fun, Midge,” said Snappy.

“I think so too,” agreed Midge.

“Do you think Booker-T feels lonesome?” asked Snappy.

“Why would he be lonesome?” asked Midge. “I don't think he is. Why do you think he might be lonesome?”

“Because he is the only cat,” said Snappy. “With you three dogs.”

“We are all friends,” smiled Midge. “We don't care what we are, only that we have fun and are all friends. Gabby is our friend too and he is a bird.”

“I guess that is the same with me,” said Snappy. “I'm the only little turtle and yes, Gabby is the only bird and we are all friends.”

“I'm happy we are all friends,” said Midge.

“Hi Midge,” greeted Booker-T as he entered the room. “Hi Snappy.”

“Hi Booker-T,” smiled Midge.

“Are you ready to go to Jake's house?” asked Snappy.

“Yes,” said Booker-T. “Wish you could go with us.”

“Me too, sometimes,” said Snappy. “But I walk very slow and I would get lost.”

“You can ride in the wagon,” suggested Booker=T. “We can keep you safe in the wagon.”

“Thanks Midge,” smiled Snappy. “You always ask me and I'm happy you do, but you all can run and have fun and I'm good being safe here and I can sit on the log and look out the window. Did you see what our owner put in my tank behind that rock?”

“What is it?” asked Booker-T.

“I don't know what it is” said Snappy. “But look at those rocks she piled up. The water runds down the rocks and into the pond. Isn't it pretty.”

“I like it,” said Midge. “It looks like a waterfall. Our owner is so nice.”

“Mine too,” smiled Booker-T. “We are so lucky.”

“Lets go to Jake's house,”s aid Midge.

“Are we going to the farm?” asked Booker-T.

“Yes,” said Midge. “We are going to show Lucy the park we go play in.”

“Okay,” said Booker-T. “Lets go!”

They strolled along the sidewalk on their way to Jake's house. As they turned the corner, they saw Jake walking toward them. “Hi,” greeted Jake.

“Hi, Jake,” said Midge. “We are on our way to your house.”

“Are we still going to the farm to take Lucy to the park today?” asked Jake.

“Yes,” said Booker-T. “Lets go!”

The three hurried along the sidewalk on their way to the farm. They ran through the field to the barn where they found the cows relaxing in the sun. Laying in the shade of a tall tree, they found Lucy.

“Hi Lucy,” greeted Midge.

“Hi guys” smiled Lucy. “What are you guys doing? I was enjoying the fresh air this morning.”

“We came to take you to the park,” said Booker-T. “Do you want to go?”

“Oh yes,” smiled Lucy. “that will be fun. Can we do what the humans do and play on the slides?”

“Oh, No,” said Booker-T.

“What's wrong Booker-T?” asked Lucy. “Don't you like to slide on the slides?”

“Another Midge,” laughed Jake. “Midge likes to do what the humans do.”

“They have a lot of fun,” said Lucy. “I just want to have fun too.”

“She even sounds like Midge,” laughed Booker-T.

“Do you like to do what the humans do?” asked Lucy.

“Yes,” said Midge. “Jake and Booker-T always tell me I can't do what they do because I'm not human. I try sometimes. Some things I can do and some I can't.”

“We are going to have fun, Midge,” said Lucy.

“Now we have two of them to watch out for, Jake,” said Booker-T.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T