Friday, July 22, 2022

What Happened To You

 

Midge and Booker-T were sitting on the front porch at Midge's house waiting for Jake and Lucy to come.

"What are we going to do today?" asked Booker-T.

"There you go again," laughed Midge.  "Asking me what we are going to do."

"We are the only two here," said Booker-T.  "Who should I ask?"

"I don't know," said Midge. "We need an event planner."

"What is an event planner?" asked Booker-T. 

"I don't know," said Midge.  "I think it is a human who plans parties and things for someone."

"If you don't know what that is," said Booker-T.  "How do you know if we need one?"

"I heard my owner tell someone on the phone last night," said Midge.  "That she needs an event planner next week.  She said she was going to plan a party for someone at work."

 "So an event planner is a party planner?" asked Booker-T.

 "I think so," said Midge.

"What are you guys talking about?" asked Gabby as he flew down and landed on the porch railing.

"Midge said we needed an event planner," laughed Booker-T.  "But she don't know what is is for sure."

"It is a human who plans different events for other humans," said Gabby.

 "So what is an event?" asked Booker-T.  "Do we need one?"

"An event is something to do," said Gabby.  "Like going on a picnic to the park, or going to a dance, or maybe a birthday party."

"So an event planner sets up the things to do," said Midge.

"Yes," said Gabby.

"We need a fun planner," laughed Booker-T.  "We don't need an event.  Just fun things to do."

They were trying to find an idea for something to do when Jake entered the yard followed by Lucy.  Jake was all wet.

"Jake!" said Midge.  "What happened to you?  Why are you dripping wet?"

  "Well," said Jake. "We were walking over here and there was this puddle on the sidewalk and I was going to slowly walk through it and get my feet wet.  But it was a deep hole and I fell in.  Lucy had to help pull me out."

 "You didn't know it was a hole?" asked Booker-T.

"No," sighed Jake. "I thought it was just a puddle, but it wasn't just a puddle."

"I guess deciding to walk through the puddle was not a good idea," Laughed Midge.

  "No it wasn't," said Jake.  "You are the one who likes to splash around in the puddles. I just decided to walk through it."

 "That's okay," smiled Midge.  "It is okay to splash around in a puddle."

"But this wasn't a puddle," sighed Jake.

"It's okay," said Booker-T.  "You didn't know."

"Now I need to dry off," said Jake.  "I'm all wet."

"Lay down in the sun Jake," said Gabby.  "The sun is warm and you will dry off."

"What were you doing?" asked Jake.

"Midge said we need an event planner," said Booker-T.

 "What?" asked Jake.  "Is it something humans do?"

"Yes," said Booker-T.  "She heard her owner talking about using one last night."

"What is it?" asked Jake.  "I have never heard my owner talking about one."

"They plan events for other humans to do," said Midge.

  "What events?" asked Lucy.  "Why do we need one?"

  "Midge and I were trying to think of something to do fun today," said Booker-T. "And we couldn't think of anything so Midge said we needed an event planner."

"We don't need a planner," said Jake. "We are good at finding something to do."

"We have a lot of things we can do," said Booker-T.  "We can do some things more than once."

"True," said Midge.  "We could go swimming at the farm again. That is fun."

"Swimming is good," laughed Jake.  "And look at me.  I'm already wet."

"Okay," said Midge. "That is a good idea.  Lets go."

  The four hurried out the gate and ran to the farm where they ran into the field and leaped into the water.

"This feels so good," said Jake.  "Much better than the hole in the sidewalk."

 "And probably cleaner," laughed Midge.

"Hey guys," said Booker-T.  "Look at all the fish near the edge of the pond.  Hello fishes."

"Pretty orange fish," said Midge.  "What kind of fish are they?"

"We are gold fish," said one of the fish.

"Hi," said Booker-T. "What is your name?"

"I'm Goldy," said the fish.  "Come on in and swim with us."

"Sure," said Booker-T as he stepped into the water.

 Midge, Jake and Lucy splashed around in the water with Booker-T and the fish. They played in the pond for a couple of hours and then laid down under the tree to rest.

"This was a good idea," smiled Jake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T