Friday, May 24, 2019

A Nice Home


“Midge!” called Booker-T as he poked his head through her doggie door. “Where are you?”
“Hi Booker-T,” smiled Midge as she entered the kitchen. “Come on in and say hi to Snappy before we go to Jake's house.”
“Okay,” said Booker-T as he crawled the rest of the way into the kitchen.
He followed Midge to the living room and leaped into the chair beside Snappy's tank which sat on a table near the window.
“Hey there Snappy,” said Booker-T.
“Hi Booker-T,” smiled Snappy. “What are you doing? Good to see you.”

“I don't know what we are going to do today yet,” said Booker-T. “Midge hasn't said what we will do. I don't think she has an idea yet.”
“Do you want come with us Snappy?” asked Midge. “We can pull you in the wagon if you want to come along.”
“No,” said Snappy. “I will stay here.”
“Okay,” said Midge. “We don't mind pulling you along in the wagon. We will keep you safe.”
“I know you will,” said Snappy. “Thanks for asking me. You and Booker-T go to Jake's house and have fun. Tell Jake hello when you go.”
“You can tell Jake hi,” smiled Jake as he entered the room and heard them talking. “Hi Midge and Booker-T.”
“Hi Jake,” said Snappy. “What are you doing?”
“I didn't see Midge and Booker-T outside,” said Jake. “So I came on inside.”
“Booker-T came inside to see Snappy before we came to your house,” said Midge.
Jake stood on his hind legs and put his front paws onto the table in front of the tank where Snappy lived.
“I like your pretty pink and white flowers around your little pond,” smiled Jake.
“Our owner put them in this morning,” said Snappy. “she makes my home really nice for me. The flowers smell so pretty.”
“She is a really good person and loves animals,” said Midge.
“I think we are all lucky,” said Booker-T. “Some dogs and cats don't have nice homes like we do.”
“Other animals too,” said Snappy. “Lot of turtles still live in the cold winters outside. Our owner was so nice to give me a warm home inside.”
“We should live on a farm,” said Midge.
“Why?” asked Jake. “Don't you like your home here?”
“Oh yes,” said Midge. “I just thought if we lived on a farm, we could let all the homeless dogs and cats and other animals live there with us. Don't you like that idea?”
“That would be nice,” said Booker-T. “But we have to live in our houses. I don't think our owners will buy a farm.”
“Lets go visit the cows an horses today,” suggested Midge. “I want to go to the farm.”
“That will be fun,” said Booker-T.
“We will see you later, Snappy,” said Jake as he followed Midge into the kitchen on their way to the doggie door.
One by one, they crawled through the door out into the back yard.
“We are really lucky aren't we,” said Midge.
“I think so too,” said Jake. “I only wish we could talk to our owners like we talk to each other. We can understand what they say but they don't know what we are saying.”
“Me too,” said Booker-T. “Now, lets go have some fun.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T