Thursday, December 12, 2019

Dreaming


Midge and Jake walked to Booker-T's house looking for him. They walked into the back yard, but Booker-T wasn't there.
"Lets go inside," suggested Midge.
"His doggie door is too small for me," said Jake. "I will wait for you out here while you go look inside."
"Okay," said Midge. "Wait here."

Jake sat down near the door wile Midge crawled into the house. Inside, she walked into the living room, but Booker-T wasn't there.
"Hey, Booker-T," called Midge. "Where are you? Jake and I are here."
She stood a moment in silence and listened, but didn't hear Booker-T.
Jake poked hi head through the door. "Hey Midge," called Jake. "Did you find Booker-T."
Midge gran to the kitchen, "No, Jake," said Midge. "I called his name but he didn't answer me. I am still looking."
"Look in the bedroom and the basement," said Jake.
"Okay," said Midge. "Wait there."
"I'm waiting," said Jake. "Hurry."
Midge hurried to the bedroom and looked around the room and under the bed. She looked in the closet but couldn't find Booker-T. He was no where to be seen. She hurried back to the kitchen and poked her head outside.
"Did you find Booker-T?" asked Jake.
"Not yet," said Midge. "I'm going to look in the basement now."
"Maybe his owner took him to the vet's today," suggested Jake.
"Maybe," agreed Midge. "I will look in the basement and maybe he will be there."
"Okay," said Jake. "I will wait here again."
"I know," laughed Midge as she pulled her head back inside.
Midge ran to the basement stairs and carefully walked down the staird. In the corner of the room, she found Booker-T curled up on some blankets sleeping. She ran to him and tapped him on the head with her paw.
"Knock, knock, Booker-T," said Midge. "Wake up."
Booker-T stretched and slowly sat up. "What are you doing here?" asked Booker-T. "It is night time isn't it?"
"Jake and I came looking for you," said Midge. "It is morning time and we didn't see you."
"Why?" asked Booker-T. "Did you walk all the way here?"
"Yes," said Midge. "It was only a short walk next door to where you live."
"It's a long way here," said Booker-T.
"Are you awake Booker-T?" asked Midge.
"Oh sure," said Booker-T. "I was playing ball with my owner's nephew. Do you want to play with us/"
"Wake up, Booker-T." said Midge, poking him in the back. "I think you are dreaming. Booker-T, wake up."
Midge poked Booker-T on the head again.
"Hey," said Booker-T. "What are you doing?"
"Are you awake now?" asked Midge. "I think you were dreaming."
"Why did you wake me up?" asked Booker-T. "It isn't morning yet."
"Yes it is," said Midge. "Jake is outside waiting for me. come on. What were you dreaming about/" I called you when I came in the house and you didn't answer me."
"I was at the house my owner's nephew lives," said Booker-T. "We were playing fetch and having lot of fun."
"You were dreaming and talking in your sleep to me," said Midge.
"Hey, Midge!" called Jake when he poked hi head inside the house. "Where are you? I"m still out here waiting."
"Come on Booker-T," said Midge. "Jake is waiting for us."
Midge crawled through the door and Booker-T follower her outside.
"I found him sleeping in the basement," said Midge. "He was dreaming."
"Hi Jake," smiled Booker-T.
"Hi Booker-T," said Jake. "Are you okay?"
"I'm good," said Booker-T. "I was dreaming that I was at my owner's nephew's place. I never heard Midge call me."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T