Thursday, December 26, 2019

Reading Minds


Jake and Booker-T entered Midge's yard and found her sitting on the porch staring at a large white ball.
"Hey Midge," said Jake. "What are you doing with the big ball?"
"Did you know I can read minds," said Midge.
"You can read minds?" laughed Jake. "How do you do that?"
"What am I thinking about?" asked Booker-T.
"You are thinking about food," said Midge touching the white ball.

"He is always thinking about food," laughed Jake. "That was an easy thing. You know that is all he thinks about. What am I thinking?"
Midge touched the white ball and stared at Jake.
"Why do you keep touching that white ball?" asked Booker-T.
"When I touch the ball, I can see what is in your minds," said Midge.
Booker-T was trying really hard not to laugh out loud. "But that is just a white ball," said Booker-T.
This is not just a normal ball, Booker-T," said Midge.  "It is a special ball."
"What is it? It looks like a ball," asked Jake.
"Do you really want to know what it is?" asked Midge.
"Are you going to tell us what kind of ball it is?" laughed Jake. "It looks like a regular ball to me."
"Me too," said Booker-T.
"This is a magic ball," said Midge.
"How do you know it is magic?" asked Jake.
"When I touch the magic ball, and close my eyes," said Midge. "I can read your mind. This ball is very magic. It has power to see into your minds."
"Have you been watching those movies with your owner again?" Laughed Jake.
"I think those balls in the movies are magic balls they call crystal balls," said Booker-T.
"They let you see into the future," said Jake. "Those magic balls are clear so you can see inside of them."
"Your ball is white," said Booker-T. "You can't see inside of it. How can it help you read our minds? Our minds must look really cloudy."
"All I have to do it touch it and I can see inside your minds," smiled Midge.
"Do you have a new name when you are reading minds?" asked Jake.
"A different name?" asked Midge.
"Yes," said Booker-T. "All those mind readers have a special name."
"I will call myself Madam Midge, Reader of Minds," said Midge as she touched the ball.
Jake fell over on the ground laughing.
"Why are you laughing at me?" asked Midge.
"You can't really read minds," said Booker-T. "I know you like to pretend."
"I might be able to read minds," said Midge. "I have been practicing."
"Try again Midge," said Jake. "Tell me what I am thinking about now."
Midge touched the ball and closed her eyes and said something under her breath. Slowly she opened her eyes and looked at the sky. "You are thinking about going to the park to ride the train."
"But... " said Booker-T.
Jake quickly put his paw on Booker-T's mouth. "Shhhh," whispered Jake.
"Did I read your mind, Jake?" asked Midge. "Were you thinking about riding the train?"
"You did it Midge," said Jake with a smile and a wink at Booker-T. "You did it.  You read my mind."
"But we were planning on going to the park today," whispered Booker-T.
"I know," said Jake.
"Oh," said Booker-T. "You were just letting her think she could read your mind."
"What are you two whispering about?" asked Midge.
"We were just really surprised that you could read my mind," said Jake.
"I'm the great Madam Midge," smiled Midge. "Lets go to the park now. My brain is tired now from all that mind reading and my magic ball needs a rest."
Booker-T and Jake glanced at each other and followed Midge out the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T