Saturday, February 8, 2020

Did You Know?


Midge walked to Booker-T's house singing, “Skip, skip skip to my Lou.”
She entered the yard through the front gate and skipped across the yard to the back door still singing, “Skip, skip, skip to my Lou.”
She poked her head in through the doggie door. “Booker-T!” called Midge. “Hey, Booker-T! Where are you ? I'm coming in now.”
Booker-T entered the kitchen. “Hi Midge,” said Booker-T. “Come on in. What are you doing?”
“Did you hear the news?” asked Midge.
“Hear what?” asked Booker-T.
“It was on the TV last night,” said Midge. “I heard it.”
“What was on TV last night?” asked Booker-T.
“It's the first one ever, Booker-T.,” said Midge. “Didn't you see it on TV last night?”
“Are you going to tell me what it is?” asked Booker-T.
“Oh, I forgot,” laughed Midge. “They are going to have the very first cat show right here in town in 3 days.”
“A Cat show!” said Booker-T. “Are you sure it isn't a dog show?”
“Not a dog show this time,” said Midge. “It will be a cat show. I heard that a few cat owners requested a cat show, so they are holding a cat show at the gym this year for the cat owners of our town. Isn't that cool?”
“Wow!” smiled Booker-T. “I want to be in it too.”
“Do you think your owner will enter you in it?” asked Midge.
“I don't know,” said Booker-T. “I don't know if she knows there will be one yet.”
“That would be so cool, Booker-T,” smiled Midge.
“I can strut around in the ring as good as the others can,” said Booker-T. “And I'm a good looking miniature tiger, don't you think?”
“You are,” smiled Midge. “I would vote for you and I know Jake and Gabby would vote for you.”
“But you can't vote,” said Booker-T.
“I know,” sighed Midge. “But you know we would if we could.”
“I know Midge,” said Booker-T. “You are all great friends. Is Jake coming to your house this morning?”
“Oh!” said Midge. “I forgot. Lets go to my house.”
Booker-T and Midge hurried out the doggie door into the back yard and ran across the yard and out the gate. They saw Jake going into Midge's yard and hurried to catch up to him.
“Hey Jake!” called Midge as she and Booker-T went through the gate into her yard behind Jake.
“Hey there Midge,” said Jake turning around. “What are you two doing?”
“Midge came to my house and told me about the cat show here in 3 days,” said Booker-T. “Isn't that cool?”
“I saw it on TV last night,” said Jake. “Are you going to be in it?”
“I want to be,” said Booker-T. “But I don't know if I will be.”
“I know you can't enter,” said Jake. Maybe your owner will enter you if she knows about it.”
“I don't know,” sighed Booker-T. “I would win most like a tiger, don't you think?”
“I know you would,” said Jake. “Midge and I would vote for you.”
“Midge said you would,” said Booker-T. “Thanks for wanting to vote.”
“Do you want to go see it when it comes?” asked Midge. “Maybe you can sneak into the ring and strut your stuff in front of the judges like I did.”
“Sure,” said Booker-T. “I want to go see what kind of cats are in it. I don't know if I can sneak into the show like you did.”
“We will all go together and see it,” said Midge.
“You should prance around the house in front of your owner,” said Jake. “Maybe she will get the hint and enter you in the show.”
“The ad said anyone can enter,” said Midge. “Maybe when they are in the ring, you can just walk right in there if she don't enter you.”
“Maybe,” said Booker-T. “I will strut around for my owner tonight. Maybe if she don't get the hint and enter me, I will crash it.”
“Sure,” agreed Midge.  "You can do it.  I know you can."
“Midge,” said Jake. “Maybe Booker-T don't want to sneak into the show.”
“Sure I do, Jake,” laughed Booker-T. “I'll sneak in. I'm a good sneaker you know. I can prance around just as good as the others.”
“We will all sneak into the show that day,” said Jake. “When we are all in there, you can sneak into the ring.”
"Ok," said Booker-T.  "I can do that.  When the cat show comes, I will do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T