Friday, March 6, 2020

The Wonder Dog


Jake strolled along the sidewalk on his way to Midge's house. Around his neck he was wearing a flowing red cape and he walked with his head held high. "I'm a super hero," sang Jake. "I'm a super hero from the planet Mars. I fight the bad guys and they call me the Wonder Dog." Suddenly he fell into a hole and was standing on the bottom looking up.
"Ouch!" said Jake as he looked around. "Oh no. How do i get out of here now?"
Jake jumped up and down and stated calling for help. "Someone help!" called Jake. "Is anyone up there?"
He called and called and no one answered or came to help. He sat down and looked around the hole for a way out. In a few minutes a small squirrel looked down into the hole.
"Hey!" said the squirrel. "What are you doing down there?"

"I fell in," said Jake. "Can you help get me out of here?"
"Why are you wearing that cape?" asked the squirrel.
"I'm Jake the wonder dog," said Jake.
"If you are a wonder dog," said the squirrel. "Why don't you fly out of the hole?"
"I'm not a real wonder dog," sighed Jake. "I'm only playing one. Krypto the super dog on TV is my hero. I want to be like him."
"You watch TV?" asked the squirrel.
"I do," said Jake. "When my owner turns on the TV, I sit with her and watch it. When her nephew is there, he likes to watch Krypto the super dog so I sit and watch it."
"Nice," said the squirrel. "I have never seen TV before. What is TV?"
"It is a box and movies and other shows come on it and my owner likes to see them," said Jake. "Can you get me out of this hole?"
"How can I help you get out of the hole?" asked the squirrel. "I'm just a little guy."
"Can you go bring my friends here to help?" asked Jake. "they will know what to do to get me out of here."
"Where are your friends?" asked the little squirrel.
Jake told the little squirrel how to find Midge's house. "Her name is Midge," said Jake. "Tell her where I am and she will come."
"Okay," said the squirrel. "What is your name so I can tell her?"
"I'm Jake," said Jake.
"Nice to meet you Jake," smiled the squirrel. "I'm Flippy."
"Hurry Flippy," said Jake. "I want to get out of here."
"Okay," said Flippy. "Wait here."
"Oh, ha ha," said Jake. "A funny squirrel."
Flippy hurried along the sidewalk to try and find Midge.
Jake stood at the bottom of the hole looking around. "I wonder who dug this big hole and why?" thought Jake. "I should have looked where I was walking."
In a few minutes, a couple of boys looked down inside the hole and saw Jake siting on the bottom.
"Hey Jimmy!" called the one boy. "There is a dog down here."
"Can we pull it out of the hole?" asked Jimmy.
"Let me get a big heavy stick," said the other boy.
"Hurry Billy," said Jimmy.
Billy found a big heavy branch that had fallen from a tree and dragged it to the hole. He pushed it into the hole. Jake grabbed ahold of the branch and the two boys pulled hard to lift Jake from the hole.
Jake rubbed the boys hands to think them for their help. The two boys patted Jake on the head.
"Go home doggie," said Jimmy.
Jake hurried along the sidewalk on his way to Midge's house. Coming the other way were Midge and Booker-T dragging a rope behind them.
"Hey Jake!" said Midge. "I thought you were at the bottom of a big hole."
"I was," said Jake.
Midge grabbed onto the cape he wore around his neck. "Did you fly out of the hole with your cape?" laughed Midge.
"Funny, funny," said Jake. "No, some boys found me and helped me out."
"Why are you wearing the cape?' asked Booker-T.
"I'm playing Jake, the wonder dog," said Jake.
"And you fell into a hole," said Midge. "Did the cape cover your eyes?"
"No," said Jake. "I was holding my head way up and didn't see the hole."
"I'm glad you are okay," said Midge. "We were worried about you when Flippy told us you were at the bottom of a hole and couldn't get out."
"I'm glad Flippy came along and found me," said Jake. "I guess I better watch where I'm going next time."
"Good idea," laughed Booker-T.
"Lets go to my house," said Midge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T