Friday, April 3, 2020

Little Gypsy


Jake and Booker-T walked to Midge's house. When they entered Midge's gate and walked to the porch, they found Midge sitting on the front porch with a small black and white kitten.
"Hey Midge," said Jake. "Who is your little friend?"
"Hi Jake," smiled Midge. "This is Gypsy. Her owner's family just moved in across the street."
"Hi, Gypsy," greeted Booker-T.
"Hi," said Gypsy in a tiny voice.
Midge pushed a small piece of chicken to Gypsy. "Here Gypsy," said Midge. "Go ahead and eat."

Gypsy was enjoying the piece of chicken when Gabby flew down and landed next to her.
"Hey what are you doing?" snapped Gypsy as she fell backward into her bowl of milk.
Booker-T started laughing at Gypsy covered in milk. Midge and Jake Just sat there and shook their heads at the sight of Gypsy dripping milk from her back side.
"It's not funny," sighed Gypsy.
"I'm sorry," said Booker-T. "You did look funny falling in the milk."
"I'm sorry if I scared you," said Gabby. "I didn't mean to scare you."
"Gabby, meet Gypsy," said Midge.
"Are you new in the neighborhood?" asked Gabby.
"Yes," smiled Gypsy. "I love in the big yellow house across the street."
"Welcome to the neighborhood," smiled Gabby. "I will try not to scare you the next time I come here."
"Okay," nodded Gypsy as she licked the milk from her fur. "I don't usually take a bath in my milk."
"Sorry I laughed at you," said Booker-T again. "But you really did look funny. Jake did that to me one time. He scared me and I fell into my milk."
"And Booker-T looked really funny when he fell into his milk," said Midge.
"Are all of you friends?" asked Gypsy.
"Yes," said Midge. "You can be our friend too if you want to be."
"I never had a dog for a friend before," said Gypsy. "They always want to chase me up a tree."
"We are all good friends," said Jake.
"I never had a bird for a friend either," said Gypsy. "My mom used to chase after them if they landed on the ground."
"We have another friend in the house," said Midge. "The other friend lives in a tank inside and he is a turtle."
"Wow," said Gypsy. "Where I used to live, the dogs were mean and chased all the cats and the cats were chasing the birds. I only had a cat for a friend."
"We are all friends here and we all have fun together," smiled Midge.
"We go play at the park in the mornings," said Booker-T.
"Sometimes we go to the little zoo building and visit the animals who are there and then we visit the petting zoo and talk to the animals there," said Jake. "And Midge likes to do human things sometimes so it gets interesting sometimes."
"Why do you want to do human things?" asked Gypsy.
"I think humans have a lot of fun," said Midge. "I want to have fun too."
"Have you tried their fun stuff?" asked Gypsy.
"She tries," laughed Jake.
"What have you done?' asked Gypsy.
"She tried to fly one day like Gabby," said Booker-T. "That didn't work out too good."
"But humans don't fly," said Gypsy shaking her head. "What happened?"
Well," said Jake. "Gabby gathered all kinds of feathers and stuck them all over Midge. She went to the hill near the school and tried to jump off and kept flapping her legs."
"Wow!. Did you get hurt?" asked Gypsy.
"I was a little sore when I hit the ground, boom," said Midge. "Jake and Booker-T came running fast to see if I was okay."
"Wow," said Gypsy. "What else did you do?"
"She rode a sled down the snowy hill in the winter," said Booker-T. "When she reached the bottom of the hill, she hit a snow bank and flew off the sled and went head first into the snow bank."
"All we could see were her two back legs sticking out of the snow going back and forth," said Jake. "I had to grab her legs and pull her out of the snow."
"It is going to be fun being your friend," smiled Gypsy. "I like having fun too."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T