Friday, April 10, 2020

Who Did That


Jake strolled along the sidewalk on his way to Midge's house. Booker-T was standing at the gate to his front yard when he saw Jake coming.
"Hey Jake," said Booker-T as Jake neared his gate. "What are you doing?"
"Hi Booker-T," greeted Jake. "I'm on the way to see Midge. Are you coming?"
"Yes," said Booker-T. "I'm coming. I saw you coming so was waiting for you."
Booker-T walked with Jake over to Midge's house. They entered the yard through the gae and found Midge and Gypsy sitting on the front porch.
"Hi there," smiled Booker-T. "What are you two doing?"

"Just sitting here," said Midge. "What are you two doing?"
"We came to see what you were doing," said Jake.
"We are looking at pictures," smiled Gypsy.
"What pictures?" asked Jake.
"In this book," said Midge. "I found it laying on the sidewalk outside my gate."
"Someone must have dropped it," said Jake. "It looks like a story book. Maybe one of the kids dropped it on the way to school."
"They all sat around looking at the pictures of cats and dogs in the book. Suddenly Gypsy yelled, "Ouch!"
"What happened?" asked Booker-T.
"I don't know," sighed Gypsy. "Something hit me on the head."
"What?' asked Midge.
"I don't know," said Gypsy. "Maybe someone thew a rock at me."
"Why would someone throw a rock at you?" asked Jake.
'I don't know," said Gypsy.
Suddenly Midge yelled out, "Ouch!"
"What happened?" asked Booker-T. "Did you get hit too?"
"I just got hit on the head with something," said Midge.
"Why is someone throwing rocks at us?" asked Booker-T.
"I don't know," said Jake looking around. I don't see anyone near the house."
Then something hit Booker-T on the head. "Hey!" yelled Booker-T. "Who is throwing things?"
"Hey guys," said Gabby as he flew down from the trees and landed on the porch table. "What are you guys doing this morning?"
"Nothing," said Midge. "We were looking at pictures in this book, but something is hitting us on the top of the head. Someone is throwing rocks or something at us."
"I didn't get hit with one," said Jake.
"Oh no," said Gabby.
"What happened?" asked Midge. "Did you just get hit on the head too?"
"No," said Gabby. "I think maybe it was me who hit you on the head."
"You?" asked Jake. "Why did you hit them on the head?"
"I didn't mean to do it," said Gabby. "It was an accident."
"What were you doing?' asked Midge.
"I was sitting up there in the tree trying to eat some acorns," said Gabby. "Every time I tried it would pop out of my beak. I'm so sorry it hit you on the head. I didn't mean to do it."
"They must be slippery little things," laughed Jake.
"Yes," said Gabby. "I don't know who those squirrels eat them."
"Maybe because the squirrels have teeth and you don't," said Jake.
"Maybe that's the problem," sighed Gabby. "So I'm sorry hey hit you in the head."
"It's okay," said Gypsy. "You didn't mean to."
"Maybe if we drop a brick on the acorns, they will break for you," suggested Midge.
"Who is going to pick up the brick to smash the acorn?" asked Gypsy.
"I don't think we can do it," said Midge. "Can you pick up the brick Jake?"
"I think you need to find some softer seeds to eat," said Jake. "I can't pick up those bricks."
"Maybe you are right, Jake." said Gabby. "I will find something else to eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T