Friday, April 24, 2020

The Airline Attendant


Jake strolled along the sidewalk on his way to see Midge and Booker-T. As he turned the corner, he saw Booker-T entering the gate at Midge's house. He hurried to catch up to him and entered the gate right behind him.
"Hey Booker-T," said Jake. "Where is Midge? She's not up there on the porch."
"I don't know," sighed Booker-T. "Maybe she is still in the house. Let's go find her."
They hurried around the house to the doggie door and Booker-T went inside and Jake squeezed in through the door behind him.
"Hey Midge!" called Jake. "Where are you?"

They entered the living room and found Midge standing on top of the coffee table.
"We are preparing to land now," said Midge. "Put your seats in their upright spot and fasten those seat belts tight."
"Hey Midge," smiled Booker-T.
"What are you doing?" asked Jake.
"Hi Jake and Booker-T," greeted Snappy who was standing on a rock in his tank as he watched Midge. "She is playing."
"When we land," said Midge. "Please stay in your seats until the pilot says you can get up."
"What is she playing?" asked Jake as he walked over to the tank.
"She is playing flight attendant," laughed Snappy.
"Why?" asked Booker-T.
"Our owner watched a movie last night about flying," said Snappy. "And she wants to be a flight attendant and fly in a plane."
"Thank you all for flying the Midge Airlines," said Midge. "Hope to see you all again soon."
"Did you land now Midge?" asked Jake.
"Yes," said Midge turning around. "Hi Jake. Hi Booker-T. Do you want to play?"
"What are you doing?" asked Jake.
"I'm going to be a flight attendant," smiled Midge.
"Why?" asked Jake.
"I can fly if I'm a flight attendant," said Midge.
" What airlines will you be flying with?" Laughed Jake.
"What is so funny?" asked Midge.
"You can't be a flight attendant," said Booker-T.
"I can learn," said Midge.
"What airlines?" asked Jake again.
"I don't know yet," said Midge. "I haven't decided yet. I have to learn first and then I will try."
"Are you going to fly for an animal airlines?" asked Jake. "The human ones can't understand you so they won't let you be a flight attendant."
"Maybe you can fly for Midge Airlines," said Booker-T.
"I don't have an airline," sighed Midge. "I was pretending."
"You thanked everyone for flying Midge Airlines," said Booker-T. "Jake and I heard you."
"I know," said Midge.
"It is okay to pretend to be a flight attendant," said Jake. "You just have to remember that you can't really be one."
"I really want to fly, Jake," said Midge.
"We know you do," said Booker-T.
"You can pretend and Booker-T and I will be your passengers on the plane," said Jake.
"I will be a passenger too," smiled Snappy. "Maybe our new friend, Gypsy will be a passenger too."
"And Gabby will play," said Jake.
"You will have 5 passengers on your Midge Airlines," said Booker-T.
"But I want to fly with the humans way up there in the air," said Midge.
"You don't want to play with us?" asked Booker-T. "You don't like us?"
"I like you," said Midge. "You are my friends."
"Humans won't let you fly with them," said Jake. "They will put you in the bottom of the plane with the suitcases."
"They wouldn't understand you if you tried to talk to them," said Booker-T.
"That is so sad that the humans don't understand us," said Midge. "We understand them."
"I know, agreed Jake. "We just have to talk to each other."
"I'm really glad we can understand each other," said Midge. "It would be so boring if we couldn't talk to each other.
"Lets go the park," said Jake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T