Friday, June 5, 2020

It Was A Space Ship


Midge, Jake, Booker-T and Susie walked along the sidewalk with Gabby flying above them.
"I wish we could fly with you Gabby," said Midge. "My feet are getting tired."
"But if you were flying," laughed Gabby. "Your wings would be tired."
"We are almost there," said Jake. "You can rest near the pond."
They hurried into the park and ran to the pond.
"I'll be right back," said Gabby. "I'm going to fly to the other end of the park and see what is going on over there."
"Okay," said Jake as he walked toward the edge of the pond. "We are going swimming in the pond."
"Come on Susie," said Midge. "Lets go swimming."
"I don't know how to swim," sighed Susie.
"Come on and I will help you," said Booker-T. "It's fun."

The four stepped into the pond and Booker-T helped Susie swim along the edge of the pond. Suddenly above, Gabby came flying over them.
"They are here," said Gabby. "They really are here. Midge is right."
"Who is here?" asked Jake.
"There is a space alien ship flying around the other end of the park," said Gabby..
"What does it look like?" asked Midge coming out of the water. "It is big?"
"The space aliens must be really small," said Gabby.
"Why?" asked Booker-T.
"The space ship is small," said Gabby. "It looks like a 4 legged bug with antennas on top that are going around and around and I bet they are looking for humans."
"Did you see any of the space aliens?" asked Susie.
"No," said Gabby. "I just saw it flying around the park. I bet it is looking for something."
"Maybe they are looking for someone," said Midge. "Maybe there are more of them and the one you saw is looking for the others."
"If they are in the space ship," said Gabby. "They probably have phones to call each other with. Don't your owners have phones to talk to each other with?"
"Maybe," said Midge. "Come on Jake, lets go see where the ship is."
They all started to get out of the water and follow Gabby across the park.
"Wait!" said Jake. "Look up there. Is that the ship?"
"That's it," said Gabby. "Do you think the space aliens in it can see us?"
"Maybe," said Midge. "I hope they won't hurt us."
"Why would they hurt us?" asked Susie. "I don't want them to hurt us. I'm just a baby."
"I don't think they want to hurt us," suggested Midge. "I think they just want to talk to us. I bet they are friendly."
"But Midge, You don't know that," said Jake.
"If they would land, we could talk to them," said Midge.
"Why don't they land?" asked Susie.
"I don't know," said Jake. "Can you fly up there and look in the windows of the ship, Gabby?"
"Wait and I will try," said Gabby as he started to fly up toward the ship.
"What do you see?" shouted Jake.
"Nothing," said Gabby. "This thing has no windows."
"How do they see where they are flying?" asked Midge.
"I don't know," said Jake.
"Do you hear anything up there?" asked Booker-T.
"All I hear is a Whirring sound of those fans on the thing," said Gabby.
"Be careful Gabby so it don't run into you," said Midge.
"I will," said Gabby. "I'm coming down."
"Wonder what they are looking for?" asked Midge. "They just keep flying around the park."
"I don't know," said Gabby. "It is a nice ship. The space aliens must be really small to fit inside that ship."
"I wish they would land and come out so we can talk to them," said Jake.
"Do you believe me now?" asked Midge. "There really are space aliens."
"All we see is a space ship," said Jake.
"But someone must be flying the ship," said Midge. "It can't fly by itself."
"True," said Booker-T. "Do you think the space aliens are green?"
"Why would they be green?" asked Jake.
"I always here the kids talking about the little green men from Mars," said Booker-T. "Do you think they came here from Mars?"
"I don't know," said Gabby. "There is no sign on the ship."
Suddenly the ship started to come down toward them. They ran to the picnic table and crawled under it. They watched and then heard it hit the top of the table.
"It landed," said Susie. "Go see it."
"I'm not going to look," aid Midge. "You go Jake."
"Why should I go?" asked Jake.
"You are braver than I am," said Midge.
Jake started to crawl out from under the table when two humans came running toward them.
"Maybe they saw the ship flying around too," said Midge.
"Maybe they can talk to the space aliens," said Susie.
The two humans got to the table and sat down a minute. "I flies good," said one of them.
"I like it," said the other one. "Lets take it and go home now."
"Okay," said the first human.
"They took the ship," said Midge. "Do you think they know it is a space ship?"
"Maybe," said Jake. "Maybe they are taking it to their dad."
"I hope the space aliens won't hurt them," said Midge as they stood and watched the two boys walking away with the space ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T