Friday, November 13, 2020

Booker-T is Missing

 

Midge walked over to Booker-T's house and ran around to the back yard.

"Hey Booker-T!" called Midge. "Where are you?"

She sat by the back door and waited. Booker-T didn't come outside.

"Hey Booker-T!" called Midge again. "I'm out here!"

Again, there was no answer from Booker-T. She poked her head into the kitchen through the doggie door in the back door. "Hey Booker-T," said Midge. "It's me. I'm coming in the house. Where are you hiding?"

Midge entered the house and looked around the room. No Booker-T. She hurried into the other rooms and searched and called out to Booker-T. Booker-T was no where in the house. Midge sat down in the middle of the kitchen.

Booker-T is missing thought Midge. Maybe he went to the vet today. Midge poked her head out the doggie door and crawled back outside. She sat in the back yard and looked around. In a few minutes she heard Jake next door at her house.

"Hey Midge!" called Jake. "Where are you?"

Midge ran around the house and out the gate. "Hey Jake!" called Midge. "I'm over here."

She ran through the gate into her yard and found Jake sitting on the front porch with Booker-T. She stopped and stood staring at the Jake and Booker-T.

"Hey," said Jake. "What are you doing? We were waiting for you. I thought you were in the house."

"I went to Booker-T's house," said Midge. "But he wasn't there."

"I came over here," laughed Booker-T. "I didn't see you."

"I didn't see you either," said Midge. "Where were you hiding?"

"Maybe I was on the other side of the house," said Booker-T. "But I didn't hear you call me."

"I called out loud," said Midge. "What were you doing?"

"I was laying in the sun on the side of the house," said Booker-T. "Maybe I fell asleep and didn't hear you. When I woke up, I ran over here to your house and Jake was coming in through the gate.."

"We were looking for you," said Jake. "I thought maybe you had to go to the vet."

"I thought the same thing," laughed Midge. "I thought maybe you went to the vet."

"You two are funny," laughed Jake. "Midge is at your house and you are at her house and both of you thought the other one was at the vet."

I went to the vet yesterday when my owner came home after work," said Jake. "I sure don't like the shots. I'm happy we only have to go one time a year."

"Me too," said Midge. "My vet is nice but I wish she didn't give me shots. Do humans go to the vet for shots too?"

"I think humans go to human doctors," said Jake. "I think the humans get shots too."

"My vet is a human," said Midge. "Are there animal doctors?"

"Our vet is an animal doctor," said Booker-T.

"But the vet is a human," said Midge.

"Animals can't be doctors," laughed Jake.

"Isn't that funny," said Midge.

"What is funny?" asked Jake.

"Humans are doctors who take care of human people," said Midge. "And humans are vets who take care of animals. I think we should have animals who are doctors."

"How would an animal become a doctor?" asked Booker-T. Animals can't be doctors."

"Those chimpanzees are smart," said Midge. "Maybe they could be a doctor."

"Oh," laughed Jake. "Monkey doctors."

"I don't think so Midge," said Booker-T. "I like my vet. I just don't like the shots she gives me."

"I like my vet too," said Midge. "She always gives me a treat when I go after she gives me the shots."

"Mine too," smiled Jake. "She gave me one of those things called a Milk Bone yesterday."

"Don't we all go to the same vet?' asked Midge. "My vet is Sally."

"Mine too," said Jake.

"Me too," said Booker-T. "I think we do go to the same vet."

"Now that you are not missing anymore, Booker-T," said Midge. "What are we going to do today?"

" We can go to the petting zoo and see Pinky," suggested Booker-T. "Or we could go into the zoo building and see what new animals are there today. We haven't been there in a long time."

"Okay," said Midge. "Lets go see what animals are in the zoo building."

"Hey you guys!" said Gabby as he swooped down from the tree. "What are you all doing?"

"We are going to the zoo building to see what new animals are there," said Jake. "Do you want to come with us?"

"Did you see the new Hamburger Stand that they built over by the skateboard park?" asked Gabby.

"No," said Midge.

"They are giving samples in front of the little stand," said Gabby.

"Come on Jake," said Midge. "I want a sample of a hamburger."

"They won't give us one," said Booker-T.

"We can beg," suggested Midge. "We did it before and they always gave us something."

"We can try," said Jake. "I'm hungry. We can go get a sample and go to the zoo building after we get it."

"Okay," said Midge. "Lets go.

Midge, Jake, Booker-T hurried along the sidewalk to the skateboard park. In the park, they found the small hamburger stand and lot of human kids standing around eating a hamburger. They walked up to the stand and stood looking up at the young man inside. Midge stood up on her hind legs trying to see over the counter, but she was too short.

"Try to see Jake," said Midge.

Jake stood up on his hind legs and he could see over the counter. He sat there and begged for a burger. The young man turned around and saw the two dogs sitting up on their hind ends begging.

"Hey Jim," laughed the young man. "Look at these two dogs and a cat. I think they want a sample too."

"Go ahead and give them one," said Jim.

The young man tossed out a small burger to each of the two dogs and the cat.

"This is so good," said Midge. "Now, lets go to the zoo building."

The three ran off to the zoo building to see what new animals were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T