Friday, November 20, 2020

Thanksgiving

 

Booker-T walked to Midge's house and when he entered the front yard, he saw Midge coming around the house to the front yard.

"Hey there Booker-T, " said Midge. "What are you doing?"

"I came to see what you are doing," said Booker-T.

"Did you know that next week is Thanksgiving day?" asked Midge.

"What is Thanksgiving?" asked Booker-T.

"Did your owner go somewhere last year for Thanksgiving day?" asked Midge. "My owner went to her brother's house."

"Let me see," said Booker-T. "That was a year ago. I have a short memory."

"Ha ha," said Midge.

"I don't remember," said Booker-T scratching his head.

"I remember," said Midge. "My owner came home with lot of turkey and dressing and some good pie."

"They dressed the turkey?" asked Booker-T.

"No," said Midge. "That would look funny. A turkey dressed up for Thanksgiving. ha ha ha."

"You said dressing," said Booker-T.

"Dressing is some kind of food you eat with the turkey," said Midge. "My owner gives me a little of it with some turkey. It is good."

"What is Thanksgiving day?" asked Booker-T.

"I don't know," said Midge. "My owner told her little niece that it is a holiday."

"I like Christmas," smiled Booker-T.

"Me too," said Midge. "Christmas is good. I don't know why Thanksgiving is a holiday."

"Maybe Jake will know," said Booker-T. "When is it?"

"I think my owner said it was next week on Thursday," said Midge. "My owner don't have to go to work that day."

"So it is a holiday from work," said Booker-T.

"She don't work on Christmas either," said Midge.

"Hey you guys!" called Jake as he walked to the porch. "What are you guys doing?"

"We were talking about some Holiday called Thanksgiving," said Booker-T. "Do you know what that is?"

"I remember that," said Jake. "My owner had lot of family at her house last year. I hid in the bedroom because the little humans wanted to try and ride me."

"Oh," said Midge. "My owner went to her brother's house."

"I don't remember it," said Booker-T. "What is Thanksgiving?"

"My owner was telling her nephew that it is a day of giving thanks," said Jake.

"Giving thanks for what?" asked Midge.

"I don't know," said Jake.

"Do they get presents that they say thank you for?" asked Booker-T.

"No," said Jake. "That is Christmas."

"I like Christmas," said Booker-T. "I like getting presents."

"Me too," said Midge. "Christmas is fun. My owner has all kinds of good food to eat."

"My owner has lot of food at Thanksgiving too," said Jake. "The turkey smelled really good when it was cooking. Sometimes I would sit in the kitchen by the stove and smell it."

"I want some turkey," said Booker-T. "Is it good?"

"It is like chicken," said Midge.

"But it is bigger," said Jake. "They are as big as you are Midge."

"Wow," said Midge. "That is big. I hope my owner's brother will come to our house on Thanksgiving this year. I want to smell the turkey. But my owner don't like to cook."

"How does she eat every day?" asked Booker-T.

"She eats those things she calls TV dinners," said Midge.

"What are TV dinners?" asked Booker-T.

"She has them in the freezer," said Midge. "When she wants something to eat, she puts one in her microwave and pushes a button and then she eats."

"That's easy," said Jake. "My owner cooks all the time."

"Mine too," said Booker-T. "She cooks it and I eat some of it."

"I eat dog food," sighed Midge. "Sometimes she gives me a taste of her food."

"Mine too," said Jake. "I eat dog food and sometimes little human food."

"I like human food," smiled Booker-T. "Sometimes she makes me eat cat food."

"Do they have Thanksgiving dog food?" asked Midge.

"I don't think so," laughed Jake. "I think it is the same every day. Boring."

"Humans need to make some Thanksgiving and Christmas dog food for us," said Midge.

"Cat food too," said Booker-T.

"I want some different kind of food," said Midge. "She gives me the same kind every day. I wish humans knew what we said to them."

"Me too," said Booker-T. "We could tell them to get something different."

"See Jake," said Midge. "Humans get so much. I want to be a human too."

"You can't change," said Jake. "You were born a dog and I guess you have to stay a dog."

"I think you have to give thanks that you are a dog," laughed Booker-T.

"But Thanksgiving would be more fun as a human, I think," said Midge.

"So would Christmas." said Jake. "My owner's nephew gets lot of toys at Christmas and I sit and watch him play with them."

"My owner gives me a ball at Christmas time," said Midge. "And some chew bones. I like chew bones. Maybe they can give us chew bones at Thanksgiving."

"But how do we tell them we want chew bones?" asked Booker-T. "I don't get chew bones at Christmas. She gets me little treats that taste like fish."

"Do cats chew on bones?" asked Midge.

"I like to chew on chicken bones sometimes," said Booker-T.

"Do you want to go to the zoo and see what animals are there now?" asked Midge.

"Okay," said Jake and Booker-T. "Lets go."

The three walked out the gate and started walking along the sidewalk to the zoo building.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T