Friday, November 27, 2020

The Holidays

 

Midge and Booker-T walked to Jake's house. They hurried through the gate and found Jake sleeping on the porch swing.

"Hey Jake!" called Midge.

Jake didn't move.

"He is really sleeping," said Booker-T as he picked up a small twig from the yard.

Booker-T walked to the swing and took the twig and tickled Jake's nose with it.. Jake moved and swatted at his nose with his paw.

"Hi Booker-T," said Jake as he sat up and rubbed his nose. "Hi Midge. What are you two doing?"

"You were really sleeping a lot," said Midge.

"I was dreaming," said Jake.

"What did you dream about?" asked Booker-T.

"I was a super hero dog," said Jake. "I had a yellow cape on and I ran around saving little dogs and cats.

"That's cool," said Midge. "I want to be a human super hero."

"A super hero who saves humans?" asked Booker-T.

"No, I want to be human," said Midge.

"But you are a dog," said Jake. "And no way to change into a human."

"I need a fairy godmother to wave her little magic wand and turn me into a human," said Midge.

"I don't know any fairy godmothers," laughed Jake. "You could be a super dog hero that saves little humans."

"That would be fun," said Booker-T.

"You could be like Mighty Mouse," said Jake.

"Here I come to save the day," sang Midge. "Mighty Midge is on the way."

"That sounds pretty good, Midge," said Booker-T. "Mighty Midge."

"I could walk around the neighborhood and look for little humans who need saving," said Midge. "When I see on, I can run in and save the day."

"But what if a big human thinks you are going to hurt the little human," said Jake. "Humans don't know what we are talking about when we try to talk to them."

"That would be bad, Midge." said Booker-T. "The big human might hit you and make you go away."

"Maybe I can just be Mighty Midge and help little puppies and kittens who need help," said Midge. "I helped Snappy. Remember?"

"I remember," said Jake. "You helped Snappy get a nice home with you and your owner."

"But I don't think your owner would want a houseful of puppies and kittens," laughed Booker-T.

"Maybe if the puppy or kitten was lost, I could help it get back home," said Midge.

"You could do that," agreed Jake. "And Booker-T and I can help you."

"I can be Mighty Midge super dog," said Midge. "And you can be Super hero Jake and Super hero Booker-T. We will be like the 3 musketeers."

"What is a musketeer?" asked Booker-T. "Are they good guys?"

"I saw it on a cartoon that my owner's little niece was watching one day," said Midge. "The 3 friends helped other humans. We are three friends, so we can be musketeers."

"I like the 3 Super heros," said Booker-T. "And we will be helping little puppies and kittens so the 3 Super Heros is better."

"Here we come to save the day," sang Midge. "Mighty Midge and friends are on the way."

"I like that song," said Booker-T.

"What is the rest of the song?" asked Jake.

"When there is a wrong," sang Midge. "Mighty Midge will make things better."

"We will be good super heros," smiled Booker-T.

"Lets go to the park and see if anyone needs a super hero," said Midge.

"Okay," said Jake. "And we can go to the petting zoo and maybe one of the little animals needs a super hero too."

"But the petting zoo animals are in a big pen," said Midge.

"I don't think they need help," said Booker-T.

"Maybe they need help getting away from the little humans," laughed Jake. "Little humans always step on my feet."

"That would hurt," said Midge. "My owner's nephew always wants to pull my tail and my ears. I go hide outside when he is at the house."

"Me too," said Jake. "I go outside or in the laundry room."

"Lets go," said Midge.

The three ran out of the yard onto the sidewalk and hurried to the park. They stood at the corner and looked both ways and then ran across the street into the park.

"Lets ride the little train," said Booker-T. "We can look for lost puppies and kittens from the train."

"Okay," said Jake as they walked to the little train station.

The train rolled in and stopped to let humans off and some got on. The three animals hurried onto the last car and jumped onto the seat. As they went through the park, they looked all around but saw no animals except some birds.

"Do you see any lost puppies or kittens?" asked Midge.

"No," said Jake. "Lets get off the train at the pond."

"Okay," agreed Midge.

When the train stopped, the three jumped off and ran to the pond. They saw a little dog playing in the water.

"Hi," said Midge. "Who are you?"

"I'm Billy," said the little dog.

"Are you lost Billy?" asked Midge.

"No," said Billy. "I'm am just playing in the water."

"Where do you live?' asked Midge.

"I live in the green house across the street," said Billy. "Why do you want to know? Who are you?'

"I'm Mighty Midge, hero dog," said Midge.

"What is a Mighty Midge?" asked Billy.

"I'm Midge," said Midge. "I am super hero who helps lost puppies and kittens find their way home."

"I'm not lost," smiled Billy.

"These are my super hero friends, Booker-T and Jake," said Midge. "Can we play with you?"

"Okay," said Billy.

The three ran and leaped into the water to play with Billy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T