Friday, February 19, 2021

Dreaming

 

Midge stood on the end of the owner's bed and stretched as she heard her owner go out the door on her way to work. She leaped off the bed and ran to the living room and leaped in the chair next to Snappy's tank home.

"Good morning, Snappy," smiled Midge as she stood on her hind legs on the back of the chair and poked her nose over the side of the tank. "What are you doing?"

"Hi Midge," said Snappy. "I was looking out the window watching the birds flying around the front yard."

"Is Gabby out there?" asked Midge.

"No," said Snappy. "I didn't see Gabby out there, but look over there. Here comes Booker-T."

"I'll be right back," said Midge as she leaped down from the chair and ran to the kitchen.

As she started to crawl through the doggie door, Booker-T poked his head through the door.

"Hi Booker-T," greeted Midge as she backed up. "Come on in."

Booker-T crawled into the house and followed Midge to the living room. He leaped into the one chair as Midge jumped into the other one. Booker-T crawled up onto the side of the tank and poked his head into the tank. "Hi Snappy," said Booker-T.

"Hi Booker-T," smiled Snappy. "What are you doing?"

"I came to get Midge so we can go to Jake's house," said Booker-T.

"What are you going to do today?" asked Snappy.

"I think we are going to the petting zoo today to see what animals are there," said Midge.

"That will be fun," said Snappy. "Is it still cold outside?"

"It is cold," said Midge. "The sun feels good when we are in the sun."

"I and wanting Spring to come," sighed Booker-T. "I don't like the cold weather too much. I like playing in the snow when it is on the ground, but don't like that it is cold."

"Looks like the snow is almost all gone now," smiled Midge. "I like the warm weather too."

"Lets go," said Booker-T.

"I will see you later Snappy," smiled Midge as she jumped out of the chair.

Booker-T and Midge hurried into the kitchen and crawled out the doggie door. They ran around to the front yard and out of the gate. They hurried along the sidewalk on their way to Jake's house. They turned the corner and got to Jake's house and entered the yard through the gate and found Jake sitting on the porch swing.

"Hey Jake!" said Midge. "What are you doing?"

"I am just sitting and watching the little humans across the street playing ball," said Jake.

Midge looked at the house across the street but didn't see any little humans. "I don't see any humans over there," said Midge. "Are you dreaming?"

"Sure," said Jake. "They are playing ball."

"Jake?" said Booker-T as he poked Jake in the side. "Wake up! You are dreaming."

"Jake!" said Midge as she poked Jake in the other side.

"Hi Midge," said Jake. "Why are you poking me?"

"You were sleeping," said Booker-T.

"What do you see across the street?" asked Midge.

"Nothing much," said Jake as he looked at the house across the street. "I only see the house and a swing set that the little humans play on. Do you see something else?"

"No," said Midge shaking her head. "You said you were watching little humans playing ball, but Booker-T and I didn't see them."

"No," said Jake. "I didn't see any boys."

"I think you were sleeping, Jake," said Booker-T. "And you were talking in your sleep."

"I don't talk in my sleep," laughed Jake.

"Yes you do," said Midge. "We both heard you."

"What all did I say?" asked Jake.

"We came to the porch and asked you what you were doing," said Midge. "You were sitting there talking and you were seeing something that wasn't there."

"I was talking in my sleep and was sitting up?" asked Jake.

"I never saw you sleeping sitting up," said Booker-T. "You were funny."

"You are pulling my leg," said Jake.

"I'm not touching your leg," said Midge.

"I'm not either," said Booker-T.

"It means you are joking," laughed Jake. "I don't sleep sitting up."

"I never saw you sleeping when you are sitting," said Midge. "But maybe this is the first time."

"Did you sleep last night?" asked Booker-T.

"Yes," said Jake.

"You were dreaming about little humans playing ball," said Booker-T.

"Do any little humans live in that house?" asked Midge.

"I think there are two little boy humans over there," said Jake.

"Do they come out and play in the yard?" asked Midge.

"Yes," said Jake. "Sometimes they come to my house and sit and pet me on the head."

"That's nice," smiled Midge. "I don't have any little humans living near me."

"There is a little girl human on the corner," said Booker-T.

"I never saw her," sighed Midge.

"She is too little to go outside by herself," said Booker-T.

"But why are you sleeping sitting up and talking in your sleep?" asked Midge.

"I don't know," said Jake. "Did I walk in my sleep also?"

"You weren't walking when we got here," said Midge. "Only sitting on the porch and when we talked to you, you answered us."

"That's funny," said Jake. "I hope I don't do that all the time."

"This is the first time we heard you," said Booker-T. "I think you will be okay."

"If I do it again," said Jake. "Wake me up and tell me all about it."

"Ha ha," laughed Booker-T. "Lets go to the zoo."

"Lets go," said Midge. "Are you awake now?"

"I'm awake," said Jake. "I really am you guys. Lets go."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T