Friday, February 12, 2021

The New Pet Store

 

Midge crawled out the doggie door and hurried to Booker-T's house next door.

"Booker-T!" called Midge as she ran to the back of the house.. "Booker-T, where are you?"

"Hey Midge!" called Booker-T as he poked his head out the doggie door. "Hi. I'm here."

"What are you doing?" asked Midge.

"I just finished eating breakfast," said Booker-T as he crawled through the door. "What are you doing?"

"I came to get you so we can go to Jake's house," said Midge. "We are going to the farm today to visit the cows."

"Okay," said Booker-T. "I'm ready to go."

As they came around the front of the house, Gabby met them in the front yard when he flew down from the trees above. "What are you doing?" asked Gabby.

"We are going to Jake's house and then to the farm," said Midge.

"Do you want to come with us?" asked Booker-T. "We are going to ask Boston if he wants to come with us too."

"I came to tell you there was a new pet store opened near the farm," said Gabby.

"A new pet store?" asked Booker-T. "Wow. Do you want to check it out, Midge?"

"Lets get Jake and Boston and we can check it out when we go to the farm," said Midge.

"You want to come with us?" asked Booker-T.

"I'll go with you to Jake's house," said Gabby as he flew above them and followed them out the gate.

Midge and Booker-T stopped at Boston's house to check with him about going along to Jake's.

"Hey Boston!" called Midge. "Are you here?"

"Hi you guys," greeted Boston as he came around the house from the back yard. "What are you guys doing?"

"We are going to Jake's house so we can go visit the farm today," said Midge. "Do you want to come with us?"

"Sure," smiled Boston.

"We are going to check out the new pet store Gabby said was opening near the farm," said Booker-T.

"That will be fun," said Boston.

The three hurried along the sidewalk to Jake's house while Gabby flew above them. When they reached Jake's house, they hurried through the gate and found Jake sitting on the porch.

"Hi guys," said Jake. "What are you doing?"

"We came to get you so we can go to the farm," said Midge. "Gabby said they opened a new pet store near the farm. We want to go see it."

"Okay," said Jake as he stood up and left the porch. "Come on lets go."

"I'll see you guys later," said Gabby.

"Bye Gabby," said Midge.

The four walked along the sidewalk to the farm. Across the street the found a big red brick building with a large statue of a big dog in front of the building.

"Hey Boston," said Midge. "The statue looks like you."

"Wow," smiled Boston. "It does look like me. I'm handsome, don't you think?"

"What kind of dog are you?" asked Midge.

"My owner calls me a German Shepherd," said Boston.

"You and Jake are big dogs," said Booker-T. "Midge is a little dog and I'm a little cat."

"You two can be our body guards," smiled Midge.

"Why do you need a body guard?" asked Boston.

"She's been watching too much TV with your owner," laughed Jake.

"Do they have body guard dogs?" asked Booker-T.

"I think they have police dogs that look like you Boston," said Jake.

"In the other town I lived, I had a friend who was a police dog," said Boston. "He lived with a policeman next door to me."

"Wow," said Midge. "Your friend was a police dog. That is exciting."

"He was a good friend," said Boston. "I miss him."

"What happened to him?" asked Booker-T.

"Nothing," said Boston. "He still lives in the other city, but my owner moved us here for a job. But I have three new friends."

"Look at all the people going inside," said Midge. "Lets sneak in and look around."

"I don't think they will let us in," said Boston.

"Midge is good at sneaking inside," laughed Booker-T.

"She gets caught and they run her out," said Jake. "But she is good at sneaking in. Come on and we can watch through the window."

Jake, Midge and Boston stood at the window as Midge sneaked into the place with some people. She walked around inside looking at all the dogs and cats in cages. "Hi," greeted Midge to a little dog on the bottom near the floor.

"Hi," said the little dog. "Hey, how did you get out of your cage?"

"I wasn't in a cage," said Midge. "I just walked into the store. My name is Midge."

"How do I get out of this cage?" asked the little dog. "My name is Tiny and I want to come out there with you."

"I can't unlock the door," said Midge. "Maybe a nice family will take you home."

"Can you find me a nice family?" asked Tiny.

"I don't know these humans," said Midge. "I can't talk to them."

"You are talking to me," said Tiny.

"I can talk to other animals," said Midge. "But humans don't understand when we animals

talk to them. We can understand them."

"I want to get out of the cage," sighed Tiny.

Midge noticed a little boy standing near the cage. She grabbed his shirt and pulled him close to the cage. She looked at him and stuck her nose on the bars. Tiny stood on his little back legs and poked his nose out of the bars near the little boy. The little boy reached in a patted the little dog on the head.

"Mommy!" called the little boy. "Mommy. I want this little doggie. He is so cute."

The mother walked to the cage and reached down to pet the little dog. "Please Mom," said the boy.

The mother opened the cage and reached in to pick up the little dog. "Lets go," said the mother.

Tiny looked at Midge and smiled. "Thank you Midge."

Midge smiled as the mother human walked to the front to buy the little dog for her son. The little dog was going to a new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T