Friday, April 9, 2021

Where did Midge Go

 

Midge was sitting on the front porch waiting for Booker-T and Jake to come. They planned to go ride the train at the park today. She looked down the street and saw Jake coming along the sidewalk. He was joined by Booker-T when he reached Booker-T's gate. Booker-T ran out and both he and Jake walked to Midge's house. Midge jumped up as they walked through the gate and started pacing back and forth.

"Hi Midge," said Jake. "You don't know where your owner is taking you yet?"

"I know you will be okay," said Booker-T. "Don't worry Midge. We are here for you."

"I just got home an hour ago," smiled Midge.

"You look okay," said Jake.

"I see pretty pink bow on your ears," said Booker-T. "Did you have to dress up to go where she took you?"

"No," said Midge.

"Where did you go?" asked Jake.

"My owner took me for a hair cut and the lady gave me a bath and combed my hair and put the pretty pink ribbons in my hair," said Midge as she started to prance back and forth. "Don't I look good guys?"

"You look really nice, Midge," smiled Booker-T. "Are you too pretty to go ride the train?"

"Why would I be too pretty to ride the train?" asked Midge tilting her head to the side.

"I thought maybe you didn't want to get dirty," suggested Jake. "Your pretty pink bows might get messed up."

"I will be careful," said Midge. "I want to ride the train. Lets go."

"See Midge," said Jake as the three walked out the gate to go to the park. "You were worried about going to the vet and you went to another place. Where did you go?"

"My owner called it a groomer," said Midge.

"What is a groomer?" asked Booker-T.

"They wash dogs and cut their hair if they have long hair," said Jake. "They make dogs look pretty. The dog show dogs go to groomers all the time."

"Are you going to be in a dog show, Midge?" asked Booker-T.

"No," said Midge. "I think she just wanted to give me a bath and trim my long hair."

"I think it is nice," said Jake. "My owner gets the outside water hose and gives me a bath."

"You have to take a bath outside?" asked Booker-T.

"Yes," said Jake. "I'm too big for the bathtub so she gets a big tub of water outside and the hose and gives me my bath. How do you get a bath Booker-T?"

"I give myself a bath," smiled Booker-T. "How can you give yourself a bath?"

"We cats, always lick ourselves clean," said Booker-T.

"Your owner don't put you in water?" asked Midge.

"No," said Booker-T. "I didn't like water until I started going to the pond with you guys."

"How do you give yourself a bath?" asked Midge.

"I use my tongue," smiled Booker-T.

"Oh," said Jake. "How to you take a bath with your tongue?"

"I lay down and lick myself clean," said Booker-T.

"You eat all the dirt?" asked Midge.

"Oh," said Booker-T. "I guess I do. I didn't think about that."

"We can all go to the pond at the park and jump in for a quick bath," said Jake.

"But I already had a bath this morning," smiled Midge. "We can go to my house and you and Booker-T can jump into our little fountain in the back yard.,"

"Do you want to go and play in the fountain, Booker-T?" asked Jake.

"Sure," smiled Booker-T. "Lets go."

"Come on Midge," said Jake.

The three walked along the sidewalk to Midge's house. After going through the gate, they ran around to the back yard and found the fountain empty.

"Where is the water?" asked Jake. "We can't play in the water if there is no water."

"I don't know where it is," sighed Midge. "Maybe my owner turned it off for the winter."

"But it is spring now," said Booker-T. "Do you know when she will turn it on?"

"No," said Midge shaking her head. "I don't know."

"Here we are again," said Jake.

"Where are we?" asked Booker-T.

"We are at my house," said Midge. "Did you forget where we came?"

"No," said Booker-T. "I know we are at your house. But here we are again with nothing to do."

"Ha ha," said Jake. "We can go to the park tomorrow to ride the train."

"What can we do today?" asked Booker-T.

"We can be lazy," laughed Midge.

"Do humans do lazy?" asked Booker-T.

"Maybe they do," suggested Jake. "My owner likes to sit sometimes and do nothing."

"Mine does too," said Midge. "But when she is sitting, she watches TV."

"We could watch TV," suggested Booker-T. "You know how to hit the button with your foot."

"We can go inside and see Snappy," said Midge. "He would like to see you guys too."

"Okay, lets go," said Jake.

The three crawled into the house and hurried to the living room where Snappy was sitting on a small rock in his tank.

"Hey Snappy!" greeted Midge as she jumped into the chair beside the tank. "Look who is here to see you."

"Hi everyone!" smiled Snappy. "Long time not see you all."

"I know," said Booker-T. "We miss playing with you at the park pond."

"Me too," said Snappy. "But my new home here is safer for me."

"Because you are so little?" asked Booker-T.

"Yes," said Snappy. "I am happy you came to see me."

"We need to come see you more," said Jake. "We forget."

"Yes, you do," said Midge. "I see Snappy every day. Maybe you can come to see him two times a week."

"We will do that," said Jake.

"Me too," said Booker-T. "I live next door so I can walk over to see you."

"Okay," smiled Snappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T