Friday, December 3, 2021

Jake and the Hives

 

Midge walked to Booker-T's house and hurried through the gate and around to the back of the house. As she came around the house, Booker-T was just crawling through the doggie door to the outside.

"Hi there Midge," said Booker-T. "Are you coming to see me?"

"Well, yes," said Midge. "That is why I am here."

"Here I am," laughed Booker-T.

"I see you," laughed Midge. "Lets go see Jake."

"Okay," smiled Booker-T as he and Midge hurried through the gate and walked along the sidewalk.

"What are we doing to do today?" asked Midge.

"I don't know," sighed Booker-T. "Do you have any ideas?"

"No," said Midge.

"But you always have ideas," said Booker-T.

"If I was a human, I could think of a lot of things to do," said Midge.

"Like what?" asked Booker-T.

"Well," said Midge. "We could ride some bikes, or jump on the trampoline or maybe we could go make a snowman."

"But there is no snow," laughed Booker-T. "You need the snow to make a snowman."

"We could go the school and play in the sand," said Midge.

"What will we do in the sand?" asked Booker-T.

"Can we build a sand castle?" asked Midge.

"How?" asked Booker-T. "We only have feet. You are thinking like a human again."

"I'm good at thinking like a human," laughed Midge.

"I know," said Booker-T. "We need to find something to do that we animals can do."

"I'm thinking," said Midge as they turned the corner and ran the rest of the way to Jake's house.

They hurried through the gate and ran to the porch.

"Where is Jake?' asked Booker-T.

"I don't know," said Midge. "Lets go around back and go in through the doggie door. Maybe he is sleeping late."

Midge followed Booker-T into the house.

"Hey Jake!" called Midge. "Where are you? Booker-T and I are here!"

"Jake!" called Booker-T. "Are you sleeping?"

Midge and Booker-T walked around the house looking for Jake, but they didn't find him.

"Lets go down to the laundry room," said Midge.

"Okay," agreed Booker-T as they walked down to the laundry room.

They didn't find Jake. Booker-T sat down on the floor. "Did something happen to Jake?" he asked.

"I don't think so," said Midge. "Maybe it is his day to go to the vet."

"Do you want to go back home and wait?" asked Booker-T.

"Maybe we should go," said Midge.

The two started to walk to the kitchen when they heard a noise at the door. "Hide!" said Midge as she turned back into the laundry room and sat behind the washing machine. Booker-T ran and sat down beside her. They listened and heard the door open.

"Come on Jake," said a human voice. "I'll get you some breakfast."

Midge and Booker-T heard the dry dog food being poured into Jake's bowl.

"I think it was Jake's vet day," whispered Midge. "Do you think his owner will go to work after she feeds him?"

"My owner always goes to work after she takes me," said Booker-T.

"Mine too," said Midge.

In a few minutes they heard the door open and heard the human say, "Got to go to work, Jake. Watch the house."

"I hear the car," said Booker-T. "Come on lets hurry to the kitchen."

Jake was in the kitchen eating when the walked in.

"Hi Jake," greeted Midge as she and Booker-T walked through the door.

"Hi guys," said Jake. "What are you doing here? I didn't see you come through the doggie door."

"We came here earlier and you weren't here," said Booker-T. "We looked all over the house for you, but couldn't find you."

"I had to go to the vet this morning," said Jake.

"For your yearly shots?" asked Midge.

"No," said Jake. "I had a problem this morning. My owner took me to the vet. I got a shot but it was for an allergy."

"What happened?" asked Midge.

"Are you okay?" asked Booker-T.

"I had something called the hives," said Jake. "The vet said I maybe got it from something I ate."

"Have you had the hives before?" asked Midge.

"No," said Jake.

"What are the hives?" asked Midge.

"I had bumps on my face and they itched," said Jake. "My owner saw the bumps and hurried to take me to the vet. He gave me a shot."

"I don't see any bumps," said Booker-T looking close at Jake's head.

"The bumps went away when the vet gave me the shot," said Jake.

"Do you want to go have fun this morning?" asked Midge.

"The vet said I should rest today and not run around," said Jake. "Let's go watch cartoons on the TV. I think I can make the TV come on if I push the button with my foot."

"Okay," said Booker-T as he and Midge followed Jake into the living room and crawled up on the sofa.

Jake turned on the TV and there was a movie on. "Do you want to watch the movie?" asked Jake.

"The movie is okay," smiled Midge. "What kind of movie is it?"

"I don't know," said Jake. "Hey look, there is a dog in it."

"He's a big dog," said Booker-T. "I think he is bigger than you are Jake."

"I think so too," said Jake. "It looks like a giant."

"What kind of dog is a giant?" asked Midge. "Maybe the movie is one of those Sci-Fi movies."

"What is a sci-fi movie?" asked Booker-T.

"My owner watches them a lot," smiled Midge. "It is always a strange movie."

"Hey guy!" said Jake. "Look out the window!"

Midge and Booker-T looked up and saw the snow falling outside."

"It's snowing!" said Midge.

"Lets go outside," said Booker-T.

They ran outside and hurried to the front of the house and sat down on the front porch.

"We can ride the sled down the hill, Jake!" said Midge.

"There isn't enough snow on the ground yet," laughed Jake.

"Maybe in the morning, we can go ride the sled," suggested Booker-T.

"Yes!" said Midge. "I want to go ride the sled."

"The snow is fun," said Jake.

"But it is cold," sighed Booker-T.

"We can wear our boots," said Midge.

"I don't like boots on my feet," said Booker-T. "They make my feet feel funny."

"We can walk in the snow with our bare feet," Jake. "Do you want to go watch the movie?"

"Lets sit and watch the snow falling," suggested Midge.

"Okay," said Booker-T.

They jumped on the swing together and watched the snowflakes falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T