Friday, August 19, 2022

 

Booker-T walked over to Midge's house and Midge was not outside yet. He walked around to the back door and crawled through the doggie door and ran into the living room. He leaped into the chair and climbed onto the back of the chair. He stood on his hind legs and peaked over the top of the tank.

Hey Snappy,” said Booker-T. “Where are you?”

Snappy poked his little head from under the big log inside his tank.

Hi Booker-T,” said Snappy. “What are you doing here?”

I was looking for Midge,” said Booker-T. “We are going to Jake's house.”

I haven't seen Midge,” said Snappy. “Maybe she is still sleeping. Check the bedroom.”

Booker-T jumped down and ran into the bedroom, but Midge wasn't there. He came back to the living room and leaped into the chair.

Okay Snappy,” said Booker-T. “Is Midge hiding again?”

I don't know,” said Snappy. “Maybe she is outside doing her duty, if you know what I mean.”

I do,” smiled Booker-T. “I forgot she don't have a doggie box like my cat box. I will go check out back.”

Booker-T crawled through the doggie door and looked all around the back yard, but he didn't see Midge. He walked back to the front and checked the porch again and no Midge.

She's hiding again,” thought Booker-T. “What is she doing?”

Booker-T turned around and saw Jake and Lucy walking through the gate.

Hi you guys,” said Booker-T. “At least you guys are not missing.”

No we are here,” said Jake. “Who is missing?”

Midge,” said Booker-T. “I came over and she is no where around. Again.”

Did you look everywhere for her?” asked Lucy.

I went outside in the back and all over the house,” said Booker-T.

Is this her vet day?” asked Jake.

I don't remember what day her vet day is,” sighed Booker-T. “Maybe that is where she went this morning.”

Lets go in the house and talk to Snappy,” said Jake. “Maybe Snappy knows where she is.”

I asked him and he didn't know,” said Booker-T.

Lets go in so Lucy and I can say hi to Snappy.” said Jake.

Okay,” said Booker-T as he led Jake and Lucy into the house.

There laying on the floor near the bowl of food and water, was Midge.

Hey Midge!” said Booker-T poking her in the head. “Hey wake up. What are you doing?”

Oh, hi Booker-T,” said Midge. “Where did you guys come from?”

I came earlier and talked to Snappy,” said Booker-T. “But you weren't here. I looked all over the house.”

I've been here all the time,” said Midge.

No you weren't,” said Booker-T. “I came into the house and went to talk to Snappy. He said he didn't know where you were.”

Maybe he was sleeping,” suggested Midge.

Where were you hiding?” asked Booker-T. “I came in the doggie door right there and you weren't laying near your bowl.”

I never left the house except to do my duty earlier,” said Midge. “Maybe I was outside when you came into the house.”

I looked outside and you weren't out there either,” said Booker-T.

We didn't see you in the yard when we got here,” said Jake. “Were you trying to play a joke on Booker-T again?”

Oh no,” said Midge. “Would I do that?”

Yes you would,” said Booker-T. “You like to play jokes.”

Were you sleep walking Booker-T?” asked Lucy.

I don't think so,” said Booker-T. “I have never slept walked before. I don't know.”

Maybe that is what happened,” suggested Jake.

But why don't I remember walking in my sleep?” asked Booker-T.

Because you would be asleep,” said Jake.

Oh, yes,” laughed Booker-T. “I guess if I was sleeping, I wouldn't remember. I must have been talking in my sleep also because I talked to Snappy. But I was awake when I was talking to you Jake and to Lucy.”

Maybe you are still asleep,” suggested Midge as she pinched him on the leg.

Ouch!” said Booker-T. “Why did you pinch me?”

I wanted to make sure you were awake,” smiled Midge.

I'm awake,” said Booker-T. “Were you really sleeping there beside your food bowl this morning?”

I ate my breakfast and decided to take a nap when I finished what I wanted,” smiled Midge. “I didn't see you come in because I was asleep.”

I think you are kidding me,” said Booker-T. “Making me think I was sleep walking.”

Are you sure you weren't?” asked Jake.

No, I guess I really don't know,” sighed Booker-T. “Tell me me the truth Midge.”

Ha ha ha,” laughed Midge. “I was joking with you, Booker-T. You weren't sleep walking. I was hiding. I can't hold my laughing any longer. I had you fooled, didn't I?”

You are so funny,” laughed Booker-T. “I started to think I was really sleep walking and even talking in my sleep.”

Lets go play,” said Jake. “And no more jokes for now.”

Okay,” agreed Midge. “Lets go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T