Friday, March 26, 2021

Going to the Zoo

 

Booker-T walked over to Midge's house and Midge wasn't on the porch. He walked to the back of the house and poked his head into the doggie door.

"Hey Booker-T!" called Midge. "Where are you?"

Midge didn't hear anything. She waited a few minutes and called to Booker-T again.

"Hey Booker-T!" called Midge again. "I'm coming in!"

Midge waited a few minutes and no answer from Booker-T so she crawled into the house. She walked across the kitchen into the living room and no Booker-T there either. She walked down the hall and into the bedroom. Booker-T was laying on the end of the bed. She stood up on her hind legs and put her front paws onto the bed. She poked him with her nose.

"Hey Booker-T," said Midge, poking him again. "Wake up Booker-T."

Booker-T rolled over onto his stomach and stretched. He opened his eyes and lay there looking into Midge's face.

"Hi Midge," said Booker-T. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you," said Midge. "I thought we were going to the little zoo building to see what animals are there today."

"Oh," said Booker-T. "I was sleeping."

"I saw you sleeping," laughed Midge. "I called you from the door but you didn't answer me so I came inside to find you."

"I think I slept too long," said Booker-T.

"Yes you did," said Midge. "Time to get up so we can go to Jake's house."

"Okay," said Booker-T standing up and stretching his legs.

He jumped off the bed and ran to the kitchen with Midge following behind him.

"Sit down Midge," said Booker-T. "Did you already eat your breakfast?"

"I ate before I came to your house," said Midge sitting down on the floor near the back door. "Do you want me to wait outside?"

"No," said Booker-T as he started to eat his breakfast. "You can wait here if you want. Do you want some?"

"No," said Midge. "I'm full."

Booker-T finished breakfast and drank some water and followed Midge out the doggie door. They walked around the house to the front yard and as they started out the gate, they saw Jake coming up the sidewalk.

"Hey there Jake!" called Midge. "What are you guys doing?"

"We are coming to your house," smiled Midge.

"You are late so I came to look for you," said Jake. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes," said Booker-T. "I slept late and Midge came in and woke me up. I just finished breakfast and now we are on the way to see you."

"Now you see me," laughed Jake. "Are we going to the zoo building to see the animals?"

"Yes," said Midge.

"Lets go," said Booker-T. "I want to go see the animals. Maybe they will have a tiger. I like tigers."

"I know," laughed Jake.

"I look like a tiny tiger," said Booker-T. "Don't you think so?"

"I know you do," said Jake. "You are the same color. Can you roar like a tiger?"

"Grrrrrooooww!" roared Booker-T.

"I don't think your roar will scare anyone," laughed Midge.

"But it is a good roar for a tiny tiger," said Booker-T.

"Yes," said Midge. "It is good for a tiny tiger."

They got to the corner and looked both ways and hurried across the street and ran to the door to the zoo building. They stood in the doorway and looked around. There were no animals inside.

"What happened to all the animals?" asked Midge. "They always have animals here."

"I don't know," sighed Jake.

"What is that sign over there?" asked Booker-T.

Jake walked over to the sign and started reading it.

"What does it say, Jake?" asked Midge.

"It reads that the little zoo will be closed for two weeks," read Jake.

"Why?" asked Booker-T.

"It says that they are going to remodel the cages and paint the walls," said Jake as he continued to read the sign.

"Does it say what day it will open back?" asked Midge.

"It says the new opening will be April 9," said Jake.

"Wow," said Booker-T. "No animals to see. The petting zoo isn't here today either. Are they coming back. I miss talking to all the little baby animals."

"Maybe they will come back the same time," suggested Jake. "Summer is coming and the little humans will not be going to school so they can come visit them."

"We can come too," said Midge.

"What do you want to do now?" asked Jake.

"I don't know," sighed Midge.

"I don't know either," said Booker-T. "What do you want to do, Jake?"

"Lets go ride the little train at the park," said Midge. "That is always fun."

"Okay," agreed Jake.

"Lets go," said Booker-T.

The three hurried along the sidewalk to the park. In the park they looked around for the train but didn't see it.

"Lets go to the little station building and wait for the train," said Jake.

They hurried to the little building and stood in front watching for the little train. They stood for a little time but no train came.

"Where is the train?" asked Booker-T.

"I don't know," said Jake looking around.

On the door of the little building, was a sign that said the train would not be running for about 3 days while they cleaned it up.

"What else can we do?" asked Midge. "No animals to visit and no little train to ride."

"Lets go home and take a nap," suggested Booker-T.

"Okay," said Jake. "Come on, lets go Midge. Nothing to do today."

"Do you think little humans have nothing to do sometimes?" asked Midge.

"I think they do too," said Jake. "I remember hearing my owner's little nephew sometimes say that he is bored and that there is nothing to do."

"I guess they are sometimes like we are," smiled Midge.

The three started to walk to Jake's house. At the house, they curled up on the porch and took a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T