Thursday, February 7, 2013

Susie Worries About Booker-T


“Hi Jake,” said Susie as she pranced up the steps to the front porch at Jake's.

“Hi Susie,” answered Jake. “What are you doing this morning? You don't usually come here by yourself in the mornings.”

“I know,” said Susie. “I wanted to know if you have seen Booker-T today?”

“No, not today,” said Jake. “He was here yesterday afternoon for a little while, but he left here to go back home. You haven't seen him?”

“No,” said Susie. “I saw him yesterday morning before he came over here, but not since that time. I went to the house, but he wasn't outside.”

“Maybe he had to go to the vet this morning with his mistress,” said Jake. “I don't remember when his yearly checkup is for his shots.”

“I don't think it is time,” said Susie. “He usually tells me when he has to go to the vet and he hasn't said anything about it.”

“I don't know,” said Jake. “Here comes Midge, maybe she will know.”

“Maybe I will know what?” asked Midge as she leaped up the steps to join Jake and Susie.

“Have you seen or heard from Booker-T this morning?” asked Jake. “Susie said she hasn't seen him since yesterday morning and came to find out if I had seen him.”

“Oh yes, I saw him get into the car this morning with his mistress,” said Midge.

“Did he look like he was okay?” asked Susie. “He didn't tell me he was going to the vet's today.”

“He looked fine,” said Midge. “His mistress had him in his carry box.”

“She don't put him in the carry box when she takes him to the vet,” said Susie. “He just sits on the back seat and looks out the window when they go.”

“I don't know,” said Midge. “He was in the carry box this morning when they left. I wasn't there so I didn't talk to Booker-T.”

“Oh dear,” said Susie. “I hope he is okay. Now I am really worried.”

“I think Booker-T will be okay Susie,” said Midge. “His mistress loves him so she isn't going to do anything to harm him.”

“I know,” said Susie. “But it worries me that I don't know where he went and why was he in the carry box.”

“I'm sure all will be okay,” said Jake. “Try not to worry about him if you can. I know that will be hard to do because I know you care about him. We all do.”

“Hey you guys,” said Gabby. “Why so sad looking this morning Susie?”

“Hi Gabby,” said Susie. “I don't know where Booker-T is or why. Midge said he was in the carry box when his mistress put him in the car.”

“Oh, Booker-T is fine,” said Gabby. “I saw him this morning before his mistress put him into the box. She is taking him to stay with her sister for a couple days.”

“Why?” asked Susie

“She has to go out of town for some work and didn't want to leave Booker-T by himself,” said Gabby. “She will go for a day and leave him at home, but more than a day, she takes him to her sister's house so she can take care of him.”
“Where does she live?” asked Midge. “Is it far from here?”

“Oh no,” said Gabby. “She lives on the other side of the park from here. I'm sure when Booker-T gets settled in over there, he will be here.”

“Okay,” smiled Susie. “I was worried.”

“Booker-T is fine,” said Gabby. “Look over there Susie. Here comes Booker-T now prancing along the sidewalk.”

“Hi everyone,” said Booker-T.

“Hi Booker-T,” said Susie. “I was worried about you. I didn't know what happened.”

“It is okay Susie,” said Booker-T. “I'm in the big brown brick house on the other side of the park not too far from the pond.”

“Okay,” said Susie. “I am glad you are okay.”

“I will be over there for about 3 days,” said Booker-T. “She is real nice like my mistress is. She takes good care of me, but she don't have a cat door that I can get out by myself. I have to wait for her to open the door and let me out in the mornings.”

“Oh,” said Jake. “You won't like that.”

“No,” said Booker-T. “But it will be okay for 3 days. I will wait for her to let me out. She is like my mistress. She wants me in the house before it gets dark outside.”

“That is good,” said Midge. “You don't want to be out roaming the neighborhood after dark. Too much danger out there for us after dark.”

“I know,” said Jake. “She likes to sleep late so can't get out early in the morning like at home.”

“Oh,” said Midge. “Does she work?”

“No,” said Booker-T. “She stays at home but think she works at home. I think I heard my mistress and her talking one day about her job being at the house. She is something called a CPA I think.”

“Oh yes,” said Gabby. “That is someone who keeps tax records and financial information for people who work a job or a business.”

“It is nice that she can work at her house and not go somewhere to work,” said Jake.

“Yes, it is nice,” said Booker-T. “She is always there at the house. Sometimes in the afternoons she will go to the store or go to a person's house.”

“She probably goes to meet her clients sometimes,” said Gabby.

“She has a lot of people come to her house,” said Booker-T. “When they come, they go to a room in the back of the house. They come into the room from an outside door.”

“That sounds like it is her office,” said Jake. “I'm sure she wouldn't want her clients inside the main house. That is her private place where she lives.”

“That makes sense,” said Midge.

“She has lot of clients come to see her in the mornings usually,” said Booker-T. “In the afternoons she works in the office alone when she isn't going to the store.”

“I'm glad you are okay and still close enough to come play with us,” said Midge.

“Me too,” said Booker-T. “Lets go to the park and play. Do you want to come with us today Susie?”

“Yes,” answered Susie. “I would like that, but I can't stay long. You know my mistress doesn't like me away from the house for long. She will send her daughter looking for me soon.”

“I know,” said Booker-T. “Maybe one day she will be okay with you out in the daytime longer.”

“I hope so,” said Susie. “I like it when I can go play with you in the park.”

The four hurried along the sidewalk to the corner where they crossed into the park. Gabby followed them from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T