Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Midge Finds Jake Napping

   “Jake!” called Midge as she hurried up the sidewalk to the porch.  “What are you doing this morning?  Are you sleeping again?”
   “I was napping Midge,” said Jake.
   “Why?” asked Midge. “Didn’t you just get up?  You should nap in the afternoon.”
   “Why should I wait until afternoon if I’m sleepy in the morning?” asked Jake.
   “You are such a lazy dog,” laughed Midge.  “You will sleep your life away if you could.”

   “That’s okay,” said Jake. “I like to sleep.  Sleeping is good for your health.  It's no fun when you are really sleepy and can't keep your eyes open.”
   “Not that much sleeping,” said Midge.  “You need exercise too.”
   "I get plenty of exercise when we go to the park,” said Jake. "Do you not remember seeing me running around the park?"
  “Is that all you do?” asked Midge. "Do you get any other exercise?"
    “Once in a while I play ball with the little boy next door,” said Jake. “Does that count as exercise, miss know-it-all?”
   “Yes it does,” said Midge.  “I just was worried that you were getting too lazy. And you don't want to sleep your life away.”
   “I like being lazy sometimes,” said Jake. “It is good for you to be lazy now and then.  Don’t you think so? Don’t you take naps sometimes?  Actually I know you do.  I've seen you napping when I come over to your house.”
   “Yes,” said Midge.  “I take my naps in the afternoons. But I don't take naps soon after waking up.”
   “I take them whenever I feel like it and this morning, I felt like it,” said Jake.  “But now that you are here, I’m ready to go to the park and play.”
   “Are you done with your nap?” asked Midge.  "Or do you need to sleep a little longer before we go.  I can wait."
   “I wasn’t, but I am now,” said Jake. “So lets go.  Is Booker-T going to meet us at the park?”
   "I don't know," said Midge.  "I didn't see him this morning. I went to his house on the way here, but he wasn't out or he was gone."
   "Maybe he will meet us at the park," said Jake.  "He usually beats us there most mornings."
   "Did you eat your breakfast?" asked Midge. "You want to eat before we go."
   "Are you back on a health kick again Midge?" asked Jake.  "First you are bugging me about my sleeping all the time and my exercising and now you on wanting to know if I ate."
   "Well, did you eat?" asked Midge. 
   "Yes Midge, I ate this morning," said Jake. "I ate before I took a nap."
   "Oh, eating must have tired you out," laughed Midge.
   "Very funny Midge," said Jake.  "Lets go to the park and forget about my eating and my exercising."
   "Okay Jake," said Midge.  "I won't say anymore about them."
   "Good," said Jake.  "Now lets go have some fun."
   Midge and Jake started walking along the sidewalk to the park to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T