Sunday, November 11, 2012

Booker-T and the Groomers


“Hey Midge!” called Booker-T. “Wow, you are looking really nice this morning with your pretty pink bows.”

“Hi Booker-T and hi Jake,” said Midge as she pranced around the front porch showing off her pretty pink bows. “You like them?”

“They are nice,” said Jake. “You look really pretty. Can you play in the park this morning with your pink bows on?”


“We wanted to go the park and play at the pond today,” said Booker-T.

“Sure,” said Midge. “I can go play. I will have to be careful of the bows. My mistress would not be happy if I lost them or got them dirty.”

“How are you going to play and not get them dirty?” asked Booker-T. “You know when we play at the water you always end up in the pond soaking wet from head to toes.”

“I guess you are right,” frowned Midge. “I can come along with you but will need to sit by the tree and watch you play in the water today.”
“That is no fun,” said Jake. “You know after a short time, you will want to go into the water.”

“Maybe you have to stay home this morning,” said Booker-T.

“Oh no, I don't want to stay home,” said Midge. “I want to go to the park with you.”

“Where did you get your pretty pink bows?” asked Booker-T.

“My mistress took me to a place in the next block,” said Midge. “You remember the big green house up the street from Susie's with the white picket fence and the dog statues on the front porch on both sides of the front door?”

“I go past that house every time I go to Susie's,” said Booker-T.

“She is a groomer and gives me a bath and combs my hair and puts pretty bows on my head,” said Midge. “She is really nice.”

“Does she do cats too Midge?” asked Booker-T.

“Cats?” asked Midge. “Why would you want a bath and bows Booker-T? That is funny.”

“He wants Susie to go there,” laughed Jake. “But we don't know how to get her mistress to find out about it.”

“Does your mistress have a paper with the groomer's name on it?” asked Booker-T. “Maybe I could take it and give it to Susie and she can put it in the house or leave it on her porch for her mistress to see.”

“I don't know if she does cats or only dogs,” said Midge. “I have never seen a cat in there before.”

“Maybe she has certain days she does cats,” said Booker-T.

“Maybe,” said Midge. “I don't know. I will look in the house and see if there is a paper with the name on it if I can. My mistress never leaves the stuff around on the tables. She puts them in drawers.”

“Thanks Midge,” said Booker-T.

“Now, can we go to the park or just going to sit here and talk about bows?” asked Jake. “Are you sure you want to come along with your pretty bows on your head Midge?”

“Yes,” said Midge. “Lets go. I'm tired of sitting here too.”

The three started up the sidewalk on their way to the park. Midge pranced along with her head held high showing off her pretty bows. Jake and Booker-T just looked at each other and shook their heads laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T