Thursday, November 29, 2012

Midge and Jake Make Plans


Hey Gabby,” said Midge as she sat up in the porch swing. “What are you doing? I thought you didn't want to nap.”

“Well, you all looked like you were enjoying your nap and I got sleepy just watching you so went to sleep too,” said Gabby. “I had a nice nap waiting for you to wake up.”

“Did you see the poster at the store for the circus?” asked Jake.

“I saw it,” said Gabby. “I do remember being there with you last year. I just didn't remember what the thing was called.”

“Okay,” said Booker-T. “Are we going to check it out when it gets here? I never saw one.”

“Sure, we can try to sneak in again through the elephant tent,” said Jake. “We just have to be careful where we go inside so the elephants don't step on us.”

“Oh, that would be bad,” said Gabby. “They are really big animals. One step and you would be gone forever into the ground.”

“Okay,” said Booker-T. “I will be careful where I walk and will only stay with you guys. Gabby is lucky he can fly above them.”

“I do have the advantage,” laughed Gabby. “But for me it is harder to get in and out of the tent unless the tent flap is opened. If I try to sneak under the tent like you, I'm smaller and one of those animals might not see me.”

“We will be good Booker-T,” said Midge. “We didn't have any trouble with it last year. All went fine and we were real careful so no one saw us.”

“Oh good,” said Booker-T. “I would not want to get stepped on by a really big animal. I think that would hurt a lot.”

“It sure would,” laughed Gabby. “Just stay close to Midge and Jake. They know what to do. They went last year and had no trouble with it all.”

“I can't wait to see the big animals up close,” said Booker-T. “What do they do at a circus?”

“The people make the animals do tricks in a big tent with lot of people watching them,” said Jake.

“And there are people who do lot of different tricks without animals,” said Midge. “Some are high in the air above the ground. I think it is scary up there.”

“We can sneak in that big tent and hide behind the seats that the people are sitting in and peak out from the bottom and you can see,” said Jake. “From under the seats you can see a lot and no one will step on you and no one can see us under them.”

“Oh good, am very excited,” said Booker-T. “I can't wait to see it all.”

“It is fun and when we are under the seats, people are always dropping things we can eat,” said Midge. “I love popcorn.”

“I like the popcorn too,” said Gabby. “I got lot of popcorn from under the seats last year. I remember that.”

“You made a pig of yourself last year Gabby,” said Jake. “I think you were sick for a couple days after that.”

“Yes I was,” said Gabby. “This year, I will not eat so much. But popcorn is really good.”

“I know,” said Jake. “I like it too.”

“They will be setting up the tents soon,” said Jake. “Do you want to go watch them set everything up when they come?”

“Yes, I want to see the tents and the big animals,” said Booker-T. “I've never seen anything bigger than a horse before.”

“The elephants are the biggest animals there,” said Jake. “But the lions are scary. They can eat you if you get too close.”

“Oh,” said Booker-T. “I don't want to be someone's meal. I will stay away from them.”

“Okay,” said Midge. “When the circus comes into town, we will go watch them put up the big tents and bring in the animals.”

“How do they get the animals here?” asked Booker-T.

“They bring them in big circus colored wagons,” said Midge. “They are really pretty. Lot of colors and pretty circus music too.”

“I'm excited,” said Booker-T. “I can't wait to see them.”

“Here comes your mistress Midge,” said Jake. “Booker-T and I will go home too. Good luck with your bows. I hope she won't be too upset with you.”

“Bye Midge,” said Booker-T. “We will see you tomorrow. Good luck.”

“Thanks guys,” said Midge. “See you in the morning if I'm not being punished for getting the bows wet and dirty.”

“Okay, bye,” said Jake and Booker-T as they hurried through the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T