Monday, March 25, 2013

Booker-T Enters the House


“Hey Jake!” called Booker-T as he strolled up the sidwalk to the front porch. “What are you doing?”

Booker-T leaped up the stairs and Jake wasn't there. “Hmmm,” thought Booker-T. “Wonder where he is this morning.” He ran down the steps and around to the back of the house. No Jake there either. He remembered that Jake said they never locked the doggie door so he poked his head through the door and looked around. He didn't see anyone, so he slowly stepped into the house through the door. He quietly walked to the next room looking around for Jake. The rooms were dark and no where did he see Jake. Suddenly he heard a noise upstairs and he ran for the doggie door and pushed his way back out into the yard. He sat there to catch his breath and thought, “Wow, that was close.” He rested there about a minute and then ran around to the front of the house and saw Jake coming out the front door. His mistress closed the door behind him.

“Hi Booker-T,” said Jake. “How long have you been here?”

“I got here a few minutes ago and you weren't out here,” answered Booker-T. “I was inside the house when I heard a noise and hurried out your doggie door.”

“You came inside?” asked Jake.

“Yes,” said Booker-T. “But I didn't see you anywhere. I was in the house looking around. Then I heard the noise and ran out.”

“I slept late this morning because my mistress didn't have to go to work today,” said Jake. “What are you doing this morning?”

“Midge and I are going to the park to play with Snappy and came by to find out if you want to come along,” said Booker-T.

“You know me,” said Jake. “I always want to go play. Why did you come in the house?”

“I didn't see you and decided to poke my head into the house through your doggie door,” said Booker-T. “I didn't see you in that room so stepped inside to look for you.”

“That's dangerous Booker-T,” said Jake. “You could be in trouble going inside another house.”

“I know, but thought it would be okay in your house,” said Booker-T.

“What kind of noise did you hear?” asked Jake.

“It came from upstairs,” said Booker-T. “I didn't wait to see what it was. I ran for the door and came back outside, hoping you would come out soon.”

“Okay,” said Jake. “You are okay poking inside here and at Midge's house, but be careful with some other places.”

“I will Jake,” said Booker-T. “Let's go play. I told Midge I would meet her at the park. She is probable there wondering what happened to us.”

“Okay Booker-T,” said Jake. Let's go.”

The two friends ran toward the front yard gate and down the street to the park. When they arrived at the little pond, they found Midge sitting there talking to Snappy near the water.

“Hey guys,” said Midge. “Where have you been? Snappy and I have been waiting for you.”

“Sorry Midge,” said Booker-T. “Jake woke up late and he wasn't outside when I got there.”

“It is my fault we are late,” said Jake. “My mistress didn't go to work today, so we got up late this morning.”

“I went into the house and didn't see him anywhere,” said Booker-T.

“You were in Jake's house?” asked Snappy.

“Yes,” answered Booker-T.

“Isn't that a little dangerous going into someone's house and not being invited in?” asked Midge.

“Jake told me that too,” said Booker-T. “I won't do that again.”

“Good,” said Snappy. “You might go into someone's house and they will hurt you.”

“I know,” said Booker-T. “I didn't think about that.”

“You are okay doing it at my house,” said Jake. “And it is probably okay with Midge, but you might get comfortable doing that and go into the wrong house sometime.”

“You are right,” said Booker-T. “I won't do that anymore. I will just sit in front and wait for you next time.”

“Good,” said Midge. “Some people might not like a strange animal just coming into the house.”

“I didn't think of that,” said Booker-T.

“Hey guys!” called Gabby as he swooped down from the tree above. “What are you all talking about?”

“Jake wasn't outside when Booker-T got to his house and he went into the house through the doggie door to look for him,” said Midge.

“Oh Booker-T,” gasp Gabby. “That isn't a good idea.”

“I know now,” said Booker-T. “Jake has already told me not to do that again.”

“Good,” said Gabby. “A friend of mine went into an open door once time and got trapped inside.”

“Did he get out okay?” asked Booker-T.

“He finally got out but he got hurt when the people at the house tried to get him out the door,” said Gabby. “He is okay now, but he hurt one of his wings when they were trying to push him out the door with a broom.”

“Oh my goodness,” said Midge. “Poor thing.”

“That could happen to you too Booker-T,” said Jake. “So don't do it anymore.”

“I promise I won't do it anymore,” said Booker-T.

“Good,” said Midge. “Now can we play and forget this matter?”

“That's a good idea,” said Snappy. “I want to play in the water.”

They all jumped into the water to play except Gabby and Booker-T. They sat on the log at the water's edge. Gabby poked his head into the water and splashed it over him while Booker-T just moved his paw around in the water. They laughed and played with Snappy for a couple hours that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T